Thread: Note to self...

Note to self...

NEVER leave a cat food dish on top of the fridge.

I always feed Bad @$$ Buddy on to of the fridge. It's just something he's used to.

I woke up this morning (boy I REALLY must've been sound asleep) to find the dish on the floor, in a million pieces with parts of it floating in the kitty fountain.

*sigh* Tell me again why I love Buddy so much???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My Bean is a crochety cat who uses me only for food and a place to sleep. Why do I love him so?

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    NEVER leave a cat food dish on top of the fridge.

I always feed Bad @$$ Buddy on to of the fridge. It's just something he's used to.

I woke up this morning (boy I REALLY must've been sound asleep) to find the dish on the floor, in a million pieces with parts of it floating in the kitty fountain.

*sigh* Tell me again why I love Buddy so much???
    Sounds like something I would do, so don't feel so badly.

My 3 cats now all eat in 3 different places in the house! How/why did I let this happen?!?

Buddy eats in the kitchen (floor). Tink eats underneath the coffee table in my TV room. Mama eats in my bedroom under a small table I have in there. Now they all wander around and check out each other's bowls, even though they all get the same thing.

When ever something like that happens , I sing the old commercial song
    Accidents will happen with Spray and Wash you're laughi"
    When I think of all the accidents I have had over the years, My Found Cats get a lot of slack
    We are All sure Buddy is very sorry
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sounds like Buddy still needs to train his hooman better!

Giz taught me:

Do Not leave anything on top of the fridge

DO NOT put anything on HER countertop

Break those rules and it is HERS to do with what she wants!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I hate gravity too.

Buddy does it all the time. Usually I'm quick enough to catch him before the dish hits the floor. This time he waited till I was sound asleep.

Solution: PAPER PLATES!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I've been using paper plates and bowls for years. No cleanup!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

We are with katladyd. Paper or foam plates. With 28 in house we don't need the clean up. We also have 4 auto feeders for dry food. Just keeping them filled is a chore. The Crew is feed a wet dry mix every morning in 2 places, 8 plates the kitchen and the TV room. If they want a treat they soon learn that you have to be in the kitchen at 5:30 am. If not all you get is the dry food. They soon learn to share.
    GILL & Crew;

Do you have an unbreakable dish you could use atop the fridge for Buddy? I can see why he likes it, because my RB fur-nephew Churchill did too ... it's warm up there, plus he could look down on us, his hoomins. Somewhere I have a picture of Churchie looking at me from the top of the fridge. If there is a refrigerator in kitty heaven, I'm sure Churchie is on top of it right now.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Cassiesmom,

I have stainless steel dishes, but it doesn't matter to him, he still pushes the dish off the fridge to let me know the dish is empty.

He also entertains me when I'm having a meltdown, by knocking my plastic glasses off the shelf. He's a real character, but I adore him. That's his unique personality.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Cassiesmom,

I have stainless steel dishes, but it doesn't matter to him, he still pushes the dish off the fridge to let me know the dish is empty.

He also entertains me when I'm having a meltdown, by knocking my plastic glasses off the shelf. He's a real character, but I adore him. That's his unique personality.
    Moosmom, I apologize! I didn't pick up on Buddy's purpose for pushing his dish off the refrigerator. Somehow I don't think a paper or foam plate would have the same effect- it wouldn't sound the same when it lands, but it might be fun to watch as it falls. And falling-down glasses, too

Cassie likes to push a pencil or pen off the table when I am paying bills. Pencils are good because they might land on the eraser end, but pens are good because the pen and the cap can either be pushed together or separately if I leave the cap off the pen. Highlighters are even better because they roll before they fall off the table (she can push it more than once, it'll roll to the edge of the table and then fall ... pause ... she looks at me with the "Pick it up, Mom!" face).

What a helpful kitty guy, to let you know when he needs more food! I am glad he does cute things that make you feel better.

(((((((HUGS FOR MOOSMOM AND BUDDY))))))))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

When I lost MooShoo in February, I was devastated and sobbing on the couch. He did the same thing. Kept pushing my plastic glasses onto the floor till I was laughing hysterically. He's a real character, that boy!!!