Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferret Bath Time!

Ferret Bath Time!

I took these photos about a month ago but thought I would share them here now that I have found myself a little free time. Willow passed away a few months ago, and Nakita was very sad after the fact. So I adopted Neo shortly after. Neo is a GREAT ferret!!! However, he despises baths. lol. I don't think he ever had one before this day. He was pretty stinky. Nakita on the other hand absolutely loves the water. She loves to swim, play with balls and stick her head under the water. She is a character for sure.

Nakita

Neo

Neo attempting to swim for the first time. lol. It was funny watching him. I just bathed them again two days ago and he was so terrified he just sat there and didn't move at all. Poor guy.

Miss Posey Pants
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Right after she stuck her head under water. lol

Time to dry off!

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Nakita loves to sit in my hand like this. It cracks me up!

Here's a baby pic of Kiters.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

They're both adorable. I like Nakita's coloring. Hlao only likes to bathe if I'm in with him. Yes, I shower with a weasle. I figured out that if I drain the tub and then put a towel in the empty tub he will stay in there to dry off rather than running through the house rubbing on everything in sight.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

My bearded dragon hangs out with me in the tub while I shave my legs lol. So ya...

I love watching them run around and rub on everything after their baths. It is hilarious to watch! I should try taking Neo in the shower with me and holding him and see how he does. He loves to cuddle and be held, so maybe that will make him more comfortable.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Awwww they're so sweet. Makes me miss my boys. Thank you for sharing.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

You're very welcome.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Those pictures are precious, and what well behaved bathers they are! Can they give some lessons to my Mercy?

Zimbabwe 07/13

Those are really cute pictures! I am not sure what the white one's name is but she is so funny in the water. You can tell she is having a good time. Love her pink little nose.

Also, I didn't know you had to bathe ferrets. I have a friend that has had them for years but I am not that close to her to know her daily routine. She posts pics on Facebook sometimes.

awww... super cute!!.. love Nakita´s baby pic.. awww...

she has a veyr cute pink nose indeed .. and Neo is very handsome.. he should get used to baths soon... and if he loves cuddling i bet he´d love to bathe with you..lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

He hee, Nikita is quite the camera ham! I hope her brother adjusts to the occasional bath
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Awwwww wet weasels! They're so cute. I love watching the ferrets wrestling at work, then they fall asleep on their backs all over everything and each other.

Niņo & Eliza

Aweee these two babies are so Cute & Adorable.. Just Loved the Pics & Thanks..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I bathe all of my animals reguarly. About once a month. I just enjoy them being clean and smelling good. Plus, it helps their coats a lot, and since we all are allergic to every single pet in my house, lol, it helps cut down on dander a lot. Everyone compliments me on their coats. Most people don't wash their ferrets, however knowing how dirty they are and how they step in their own feces and urine a lot while going potty I like to keep them clean.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Hooray! I love seeing happy little ferrets -- and yours definitely fit that description.

Nakita needs to come over here and have a little girl-to-girl talk with my Jill about how great bathing can be. Jilly is a complete terror when it is bath time. In fact, bath day for her is tomorrow... and I am dreading it.

And I love the way Nakita sits in your hand. When Adelaide (one of my cats) was smaller she would do the same.

I'm so sorry to hear about Willow. Larry passed away a while back, too.