Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Older Cars

Just a add on here... when you get the classic plates you have restrictions on when you can drive the car. It's like weekends and holidays. Or is that the antiques?? I know they have restrictions though.

Here it is:

No person may operate a vehicle with antique or classic registration plates for commercial purposes or for general daily transportation. Permitted use is limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades and similar uses, and for occasional transportation. Occasional transportation means no more than 1 day a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Here it is:

No person may operate a vehicle with antique or classic registration plates for commercial purposes or for general daily transportation. Permitted use is limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades and similar uses, and for occasional transportation. Occasional transportation means no more than 1 day a week.
    If the car's considered antique or classic, do you have to get antique/classic registration plates? :/ If so, that means I can't have the car I want.

The Fiero is really pretty, Alyssa . Wish you could get it.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I'm a big Pontiac lover too & was really disappointed that the line
    would not be made anymore. Pontiac were great muscle cars and great
    to drive on the open road. I had a Pontiac Firebird, same color as the
    Fiero you looked at, and I loved that car. Good luck with getting a car
    you can depend on & one you will like.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I guess I know how to pick the lemons when it comes to cars. I have owned two Pontiac's among the many cars that I have owned. The first was a 1961 Pontiac Tempest. This was the 4 cylinder with half of a 389ci v8 and a trans-axel in the rear of the car. This was a beauty, white with maron leather interior. The car had timing belt issues that Pontiac just couldn't solve. Because the car had only half of the v8 it seems they didn't know how to keep timing chains and the tensioners from breaking. I had kit on top of kit and still when you cranked the car it sounded like a hay bailer on its last leg. When you turned it off at times it would continue to run for several minutes. it was a beautiful lemon. My next was the 1980 Indy Pacecar Trans-am. This was the turbo V8 that had trouble passing itself. It blow the turbo twice and the Main seals 3 times. The T-top rusted out when the car was 6 months old. Pontiac repaired the rust but after that it seemed I could hear the rust eating away at the car. After the Trans-am I swore off Pontiac and GM till this day.

I've been car shopping too- my old Jeep Cherokee had to be junked in November. I just keep getting attracted to old Audi Quattros and VW Cabriolets. I used to like old trucks but the 15 mpg on my Jeep was a killer. I doesn't help that I'm not willing to spend over $800.

Niño & Eliza

Suki Wingy
    I've been car shopping too- my old Jeep Cherokee had to be junked in November. I just keep getting attracted to old Audi Quattros and VW Cabriolets. I used to like old trucks but the 15 mpg on my Jeep was a killer. I doesn't help that I'm not willing to spend over $800.

I am a sucker for the Audi Quattro myself. I drive a A4 Audi Quattro Avant. I guess I am more emotionally attached to this car than any car I have owned. I have owned many many cars and the only other car that I regret selling was my VW Jetta TDI. This was one great road car. I used to travel all over the west on Bike expeditions and my Jetta would cruise at 80 and still get 40mpg. It got 50mpg if I drove the speed limit.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    My all time favorite - MY BABY - was my 1978(79?), Ford Mustang, 5 liter engine with a moon roof. That puppy could move!!!!! I LOVED that car, and could have strangled my ex when he decided to trade it in, and all it needed was a new fuel pump.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~