Thread: An old memory but its not a very good one...

An old memory but its not a very good one...

I thought of making a thread on my dear chicks who passed away last year. I used to have lots of darling little chicks. My cousins, my sister and I used to keep them. We had three, two a cat came and gobbled up. Till this day we curse that cat. She was a stray Tuxie I guess. Only one pink chick was left. It belonged to my cousin. Later the chick was the only one so it became sad. We had to buy him some friends. We bought 5 more chicks. It was quite a fun having them. Many died right in our hands... We cried when one died. Then in the end three were left. Mona Junior, Chicky and Chocky. Mona and Chocky's names were changed in the memory of our very first two chicks. Their names were Mona Junior and Chocky. Later my silly dog ate Mona and we cursed that dog. Her name is Michelle. We were quite angered and really hated her for that. She is alive. We only keep her so she can guard our house. She did lots of bad things to our house. Chicky and Chocky were alive. In the end, Chicky became very sick and he passed away. Later I found out that Chocky had passed away too. I felt like crying like hell. Because Chocky was our side of the chick. we brought him. I have an album of the chicks, we only have three of their pictures. We couldn't take anymore. Miss you all darlings. Chicky, Chocky, Mona, May God bless you!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Dogs will be dogs, and cats will be cats. They eat chicks! You should not hate them for doing what comes naturally.

Perhaps if you get any more chicks, you could provide a safe enclosure for them that is dog/cat proof. Seems that's the only way to keeps unwanted critters away from them.

RIP little chicks..........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Ahh... I know. Their natural instincts tell them to do that. Wish they didn't have such instincts. Now my mom doesn't allow us to keep chicks. But we might be able to get homing pigeons and fish. Thinking about buying a betta.

Poor dog
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Poor dog?! I'd say poor chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    Later my silly dog ate Mona and we cursed that dog. Her name is Michelle. We were quite angered and really hated her for that. She is alive. We only keep her so she can guard our house. She did lots of bad things to our house. :
    No definetely poor dog. Dogs are pack animals that need companionship and socialization. The dog was doing what a dog does. The dog is now hated and ignored and kept only to guard your house because you were not careful enough to keep this from happening, yep, poor dog.

I have been frosted!

Hey, she isn't ignored. W bought her. She came to our house, she loves us. We didn't like her. Now I think Medium of her. She is kept at our other house because we seriously needed a guard dog there. She can't get into the house because its locked. She ate the chick and no one knows why. The chicks were locked up. She somehow learned how to open it and she ate as many as she could and that was one. She was given good food and nobody knows why she ate Mona. She isn't ignored at all.

She ate the chicks because she is a dog. Why did you get her if you didn't love her? Dogs aren't an object they are a being with feelings.

I have been frosted!

We got her becuase we needed a dog for guarding, our other doggie had tumor and she passed away. So we Michelle. She loves us but we think of her as medium because at times when we come, she barks at us and would even kill us. She has a behavior which can change any second that's the thing that stops we from loving her.

This is why it is not good to have a dog for a sole purpose of guarding your home. Dogs should be pets and loved just like your other pets.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    We got her becuase we needed a dog for guarding, our other doggie had tumor and she passed away. So we Michelle. She loves us but we think of her as medium because at times when we come, she barks at us and would even kill us. She has a behavior which can change any second that's the thing that stops we from loving her.
    She could kill you? Then why would you keep her? I wouldn't ever keep a dog who "would even kill me". That's not exactly the safest thing in the world considering the circumstances. There are other options to securing your home then a dog.

no she can't kill us. We don't go to that house much. My father only goes there on Saturdays because his second clinic is there. the dog doesn't say anything to him. She is predictable with him. She is nice and friendly with him. We need to stay at that house for sometime then she'll be fine with us. We usually go there when we need some stuff from that house. That time comes once and three months. So we stay there for a few hours and then she's fine with us. She barks and tries to get us when we are in the car, that's because she isn't used to us, because we didn't stay with her for sometime. She's weird. Our other dogs were great except a few. Our last dog Lisa, was THE best. She had tumor and so she passed away. She didn't come in the garden because she was intelligent enough to understand that the chickens might run out and go loose. But, Michelle isn't much of that. She is a little. But, not that much. She could have been a great dog.