Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Abby

Meet Abby

My mom’s best friend (Sarah) came to her house with me in tow on June 15th, 2010 on a very rainy night. She was in a panic that something awful had happened to me. You see my on hind leg is not right. It sticks out straight or up.

Found out that she has two broken bones in the leg. She is approx 10 weeks old when we got her from Sarah. We were going to keep her until the Ohio Alley Cat rescue group would take her the following week (on Thursday). Well, my human mom failed “fostering” and I became their newest family member  My human dad is FMD teacher special education, and I’m special needs kitty. I was meant to be in this family. 
    Yep I made #6.

We have been battling Abby’s diarrhea from day one. We took her to our area country vet, for awhile and then we took her to a younger vet closer by home. Special food and more medicine.
    FINALLY the week of August 16th I’m starting to potty like a big girl.  Two months of trial and error we got things under control. I’m sorry that I’ve cost them boat load of money to get me well but they said “it was worth every penny”.  She will be going to our regular vet along with the rest of our gang in the future.

My favorite brother (Carson, who was the latest addition until I arrived 1 month later) loves to play with me during the day. I am NOT happy when I have to go in the crate downstairs in basement at night. When I get bigger I can stay upstairs all the time. We are hoping in October to get Abby spayed and shots.

As of August 20th, 2010 she is over 4 lbs and 19 weeks old. We are going to use April 6th as her birthday 
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Craftlady; 08-21-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Awww, welcome to a wonderful home Abby!! You are just adorable!
    And your birthday is the day after Jax's approximate birthdate. Hmmm...I think I see a Valentines match here.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Awww, welcome to a wonderful home Abby!! You are just adorable!
    And your birthday is the day after Jax's approximate birthdate. Hmmm...I think I see a Valentines match here.
    Could be She has definitely one our hearts.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

What a Sweet Little Wonder Cat you are Abby, and we are glad that you are all well now, and have got your Most Important Day of All, Your Gotcha Day
    No longer are you a hungry little waif, but a Well Loved and Cared For Cat of The Future, properly loved and named!!
    Please do not be a starnger Abby, we would love to see so more more of you as you mature into Cat Hood.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Congrats and welcome home Abby!!! She's such a cute widdle tabby girl and I'm glad that her diarrehea is finally under control.

I'm now also up to 6 again and have two new widdle orange & white boys in my home. They've also been battling diarrhea and they've been given so many meds that now I think their good bacteria is out of whack so they're both on Fortiflora for a while to hopefully firm things up. Their birthdays are listed as April 30th 2010 but they're already bigger than your Abby girl.

Welcome HOME, Abby! You are an absolutely darling little girl!

I have a kitty girl named Sparkler who also has back legs that were stepped on or somehow crushed when she was just a baby. They have healed up a long time ago, but they are both somewhat cockeyed. She gets around on them quite well, but she curls her toes under her foot on the left hind leg when she walks.

We all join in wishing you the very best with your wonderful new FURREVER home and family!

Love ,
    Sparkler, Poppy, Elmer, Bobby, Sydney (kitty sibbies) and Pat (Meowmie)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blue kitty. Sweet though. Love the little kitten

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    Blue kitty. Sweet though. Love the little kitten

Sorry it's my camera phone that distorts colors.
    She is black/white tiger kitty.

yeah, but the kitty's cutness counts!

What a CUTIE!! Abby, some of you get off to a rough start so hang in there and soon you will flourish in your new furever home, then you will grow into a beautiful adult lady!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    What a CUTIE!! Abby, some of you get off to a rough start so hang in there and soon you will flourish in your new furever home, then you will grow into a beautiful adult lady!

Yep, rough start is understatement!
    She is going so good now
    Still stays in the "Hotel Ritz" downstairs in basement over night. She stays upstairs in the computer room average from 8:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. When she goes downstairs there is less fussing because while upstairs it's contestant motion for her so she is pretty tired out when it's bed time. She is to small to be roaming the house unattended especially at night when mom and dad are sleeping.

She is ADORABLE! I hope her leg will be ok? Will she need surgery?

HUGS and welcome, Abby! You have been blessed by being in a Pet talker home, the best!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

She's adorable, but as the mom of another Abby, I think all Abbys are adorable - and wonderful

Love those big, expressive eyes

Abby is beautiful!!

I'm so glad she found you!! Thank you for not giving up on her!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

She's adorable, right. Craftlady do post more pics of the sweetie.