Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A 2:00 AM scare!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    So that's 3 separate TV's now that there are hinky things going on. Maybe I do have a spook!
    Don't rule it out. Ya' never know.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blog Entries
    Could it maybe be the batteries in your remotes? Sounds SPOOKY to me. Have you checked under the bed for any intruders. I use to do that all the time when I was a kid & sometimes even now. You never know what could be lurking under your bed & even the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Got so busy this morning that I forgot to post this: I watch TV in bed just until my eyes become fatigued, which is fairly quickly. I went upstairs to turn down the bed and I turned on the TV and put the remote on my dresser. Instantly, the TV turned off. (The other 2 times it was the other way around.) Then it turned on again by itself, then off, then on, then off, etc. It did this in rapid fire and I just stood there and watched. (No cats in sight to blame in on.) This went on for a good 10 seconds or so. So that's 3 separate TV's now that there are hinky things going on. Maybe I do have a spook!
    Oh dear.....it's getting closer.......already in your bedroom.
    If you wake at exactly 3am, and the clock stops.........run...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Could it maybe be the batteries in your remotes? Sounds SPOOKY to me. Have you checked under the bed for any intruders. I use to do that all the time when I was a kid & sometimes even now. You never know what could be lurking under your bed & even the closet.
    Mary should try picking up the phone very quietly.....and listen....maybe there will be breathing sounds.

Maybe you need an electrician to check things out Mary. Altho if it's only the t.v.'s that are acting strange, it probably isn't electrical. Is your computer acting up, other than the problems you've had with it previously?
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Ok, you're freaking me out again, Wom. And there's nothing under my bed. I Swiffer daily and my bedroom has hardwood floors. As for the electrical work, I had a lot corrected that was bad just a few months ago but, as you say, Ellie, it's just the TV's.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary I am so glad it was just the TV. I too would go out with a weapon and then I would however need to change my panties for sure.
    So glad you are ok.

Hmmm ... Eve knows how to turn the TV on and off ???? Any four pawed cuties that have mastered the remote in your house?
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I'm just seeing this thread now for the first time.

Oh, how scary that would be! I'm so glad it was just the TVs acting up. I hope this problem will be easy to figure out and resolve.

I'm also wondering just WHY you happen to keep a sword handy.. 3 swords originally.. !

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Are you ready for this?

I went to church this afternoon and went to tea w/a friend afterwards, during which she said "I have a message for you". I said "Oh? From?" and she said "Helen". I said "Helen who? I don't know any Helen". She said "Yes, you do. Helen! Your friend Helen!" I said "Helen W?" and she said "Well, I don't know her last name". (This friend met Helen approximately 20 years ago. Helen passed on in '02. I'm rather iffy on the year.) Helen was my good buddy and we did a lot of things together. She was 83 when she died. She was so joyful most of the time but when she got mad at her husband George, I'd tease her and say "Uh oh! Mt. St. Helen is about to erupt again!" and that would make her laugh and she'd snap out of her bad mood. No one else knew that I called her that; it was an inside joke between her and me.

I said to my friend "Ok, what's the message?" She said "Helen came to me in a dream and at first I wasn't even sure who she was b/c I'd only met her briefly a couple of times so many years ago. She said to tell you that Mt. St. Helen is erupting but w/joy b/c she's having a ball! And she's been trying to get your attention. She said that if I don't tell you, she's going to keep on bugging you until you pay attention."

Ok then. Mary is at attention! I told my friend about the TV stuff and she said "That's got to be her, wouldn't you think?" I'm thinkin' yes. What say you?
    Blessings,
    Mary

I think Helen is having a go with you! I truly believe that energy/spirit doesn't die. Just changes form. I think Helen's spirit sounds strong and she's playin ya! Let us know if she continues or stops now that she got your attention!
    Claudia

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    I think Helen is having a go with you! I truly believe that energy/spirit doesn't die. Just changes form. I think Helen's spirit sounds strong and she's playin ya! Let us know if she continues or stops now that she got your attention!
    Claudia
    I can't imagine that it will stop unless she was simply trying to get me to notice that she's around. If she has a real message for me, though, I'd like to hear it. I doubt that it's anything bad; I don't have a sense of foreboding but anything is possible. I try not to reason things like this through b/c reason doesn't enter into it. I don't want to filter what comes.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"If she has a real message for me, though, I'd like to hear it"

I would too if I were you. Maybe some meditation or directing your thoughts to her as you fall asleep might help? Now I'm curious too!
    I think it's pretty amazing your friend got the message so clearly and you were able to piece it together.
    The 'world" is much vaster than we think.

Well, I would definitely think it was Helen after learning what you did. Sounds like there is nothing to be afraid of now, so put away that sword please. Are you going to "talk" to her and tell her that she has your attention, and now she can stop spooking you?
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Well, I would definitely think it was Helen after learning what you did. Sounds like there is nothing to be afraid of now, so put away that sword please. Are you going to "talk" to her and tell her that she has your attention, and now she can stop spooking you?
    Oh I'll definitely light a candle and meditate a bit, just sit in the silence and see what happens. I'm not new to this sort of thing; both my parents were mediums and my mind is open but I don't see spirits around every corner as some do. Helen used to take a blank sheet of paper, hold it over a candle flame and move it around a bit, letting the smoke form pictures on the paper. Then she'd see what kind of message could be derived from that. Maybe I'll give that a whirl. I'm just relieved to know, or at least suspect, that it's a friendly spirit and not some malevolent thing that could attach itself to me or the Fur Posse. However, the sword stays.
    Blessings,
    Mary