Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MRI Results are in....UPDATE 8/30

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Yes, Karen, I asked him if I could see that thing in my head and he showed it to me.. I told him "Hummmm. I thought there was more empty space in there!"... (meaning I didn't have much up there).. He gave me the MRI CD to bring home so that I will have it for the next one and the radioliguist can compare this one to the next one.. I opened it but can't figure out how to get anywhere in there. Mine is at the front top of my head, right in the middle of my head.
    So, like between your eyebrows but up toward the hairline? Just curious. Mine was just behind my right ear, so no one can see my scar if my hair is down. Not that my scar bothers me, actually.
    I've Been Frosted

Karen- I asked him where and he pointed just behind the hairline about between the eyes, up front just about in the middle. He said he LOVED cutting these things out but it just isn't worth him giving me a head ache and putting me through that right now. I have one friend on my facebook page that says they have watched hers for 20 years! Hers has just been there doing nothing all this time.

Yea! I got my HOPE UP HIGH for next crew change!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Karen- I asked him where and he pointed just behind the hairline about between the eyes, up front just about in the middle. He said he LOVED cutting these things out but it just isn't worth him giving me a head ache and putting me through that right now. I have one friend on my facebook page that says they have watched hers for 20 years! Hers has just been there doing nothing all this time.

Yea! I got my HOPE UP HIGH for next crew change!
    Here's hoping yours stays stable for a long time to come, and you get back to the boat next trip! I am sure they miss your cooking!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, that's just great, Laura! So glad you do not have to have surgery at this point. Sounds like the doctor really knows what he is doing and will be keeping on top of this all as time goes on.

More good wishes that you are back at work next time around!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

This is fantastic news, Laura!!!!! Groucho and I are here doing the Happy Dance for you! Please be assured that my prayers for you will continue.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Laura, I'm so glad to hear that you won't need surgery. Hopefully your vertigo and dizziness will go away and stay away too. All paws and fingers are crossed here that you'll be able to go back to work on the next trip.

I'm so glad that surgery is not in order. I got an email from Father Rick and he said you've been in his prayers everyday!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am so slow in reading all the threads that it took me until now until I heard about your meningioma. I had one myself, it was the size of a walnut and was pushing on my optical nerve- so I went to the eye doctor first. I also suffered from dizziness and terrible headaches- but I thought that was all stress. This was in 1994- I had surgery and am just as good as before.
    They told me I may have had it for more than 20 years- so it had time tio become as big. I can understand that they want to check now how slow it grows.
    Surgery in the brain is always a problem as the brain is so full In my case they didn't want to hurt the optical nerve but depending on where exactly these things sit it could be the hearing nerve or the fazialis as well (the latter would result in a paralysis of the face
    Meningiomas can come back but in my case it didn't.
    I can remember very well how scary this sounded when I first got the diagnosis and saw my MRI (still have it)- but after all I must say I was lucky- and I know you will be too.
    Sending all my best thoughts.

Laura, it's one surprize after the other, isn't it, but this one sounds good! I'm glad you can avoid surgery. Just make sure you get checked now and again.

I hope you'll be able to join the crew on Sep. 22 - good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Laura, thinking of you. Should have known nothing bad could happen on my bday but I was busy celebrating and missed your news. Calvin and I are joining Groucho and momcat in a happy dance. All the best and hoping you are 100% and sailing soon!
    XXXOOO
    Claudia & Calvin

Great News of No Surgery.. I say the same as Tracey did.. Prayers Prayers being sent..

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Laura, I'm so glad to hear that you won't need surgery. Hopefully your vertigo and dizziness will go away and stay away too. All paws and fingers are crossed here that you'll be able to go back to work on the next trip.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'm so glad to hear that they won't need to perform surgery yet. I hope it stays the same and you won't need it. I'll still say some prays for you though.

Take care,
    Melissa