Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too Young to Marry?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Women with little feet use paper plates, plastic spoons, fork,knifes & paper cups so there are never any dishes. They are also very smart these women with little feet they also trick their husbands into taking them out to eat.
    That's true. But at least if they stand in front of the sink, they'll LOOK like they're doing something

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    I really can't say there's a magic number to get married. It all depends on the relationship and on the people involved. Some 20 yr olds are more mature than a 30 yr old sometimes so who's to say when one should marry. I really think today's circumstances are different than yrs ago. Today girls want to go to college and have a career other than being a mom and raising kids. And the opportunities today are endless for girls. They can become anything they want, yrs ago you heard of girls wanting to become nurses, today they want to become doctors.
    But there are still girls who dream of getting married and having children, to them it means everything, nothing wrong with that either.
    True. But it's a mixed bag out there. My No.2 daughter got married recently right smack bang in the middle of doing a doctorate. They are now both happily married to each other, share the duties, and both work and study hard. It's what they wanted. In fact, they are both very committed Christians, and both believed in remaining virgins until the wedding night.
    He studies Theology, and she is doing her doctorate in Medical Science.

And where did she inherit her ideal of remaining a virgin ??? Not from dad

Hey Wombat!

"I think it's very important for a man to choose a woman with small feet, so that she can stand closer to the kitchen sink"

Not if you keep her barefoot and pregnant !
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith Cherry View Post
    Hey Wombat!

"I think it's very important for a man to choose a woman with small feet, so that she can stand closer to the kitchen sink"

Not if you keep her barefoot and pregnant !
    Now ya startin to think like an Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
    Or my brother got married because (well, he won't admit this was the reason) his gf got kicked off of her parent's insurance, she's extremely diabetic, and he was joining the Air Force and she would get benefits too.
    I guess I don't see anything wrong with this- I think the real problem is that people have to make these kinds of choices because they can't get health care otherwise.

I see no real reason to get married personally except for the fact that there are financial benefits (insurance, taxes, etc). My husband and I decided to get married when we did so I could be on his health insurance. I had no desire to have a wedding be a big production (we got married in the municipal building) and it wasn't really a romantic thing for me, just a practical decision. We were both committed to the relationship already (and already lived together) and getting married made not a whit of difference in that regard. It also wasn't a religious thing since we are both atheist/agnostic...everyone has their own reasons for marriage and I don't really think they matter.

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
    Or my brother got married because (well, he won't admit this was the reason) his gf got kicked off of her parent's insurance, she's extremely diabetic, and he was joining the Air Force and she would get benefits too.
    Marriages of convenience are quite commonplace nowadays. It's easier to get the house on the hill complete with china ducks on the wall, than it is being single.

I think 30 is a good age.
    After college or similar school.
    After living alone for at least a year or two to learn how to take care of oneself.
    After one has had some travel and culture to understand the world around us better.
    After some charity work to give back.
    Aroundr 30 so one has some knowlege of one's own soul, heart, intererts, beliefs, dreams, ambitions.
    The 20's are such a time of great change. Who you are at 21 is not who you are at 27.
    After one has time to set aside some money to start that new life with someone special. Going into a marriage broke nowadays is very difficult to say the least.

Times have changed, years ago women went to college to get their degree in MRS. now women get their degree in something for themselves.

No longer is it enough for a women to be a mom and wife. We can rule a college, a country, a hospital a foutune 55 company.

It now takes two people to support most families, women now realize they have power to lead the world and staying at home and doing diapers is not enough to satisfy their minds or their hearts.

Having a child is a great thing but so is working and be all that you can be. Using your mind, talent and hard work to get ahead and change the world if that is what you want.

Doens't mean you can't have a child, look at Hilary Clinton, Barbara Walters, Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler, Pat Benetar and your own Dr or lawyer, electrician, nurse, clergy, soldier. They have it all.
    As do millions of women. To just have a child and not experince life and use ones gray brain cells to the fullest I feel is sad.

Some women choose not to marry at all. And then there is the gay/lesbian population as well.
    They should be able to live their lives as they see fit without any judgement or punishment.
    If they want to adopt I think it is a beautiful thing.
    I believe they will make better parents then some uneducated 15 year old inner city girl.
    In fact I think their parenting skills are every bit as good as a regular family is of a man and a women, often better.
    I fail to understand how any educated person can have a problem with a gay/lesbian adopting at all.

I think that most men should wait until at least 30 before even thinking about getting married. I know I was not mature enough to be married until that age. Most of the problems that I encountered in marriage were because I felt like I missed out on youth. I ended up being married to my first wife for 23 years and recently celebrated 28 happy years with my second. I married my first wife when I was 18 and she was 15. Yes I know that was way to young to be getting married. I honestly believe for me I was at the right age for marrying when I got married the second time. I know that all of the petty things that made my first marriage rocky have never surfaced with my second wife. The old saying youth is wasted on the young was definitely true in my case. Get an education and see a little of the world before making that big step. Later is better, believe me.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

I never thought that everyone in this world has their own Dating sites. Personally, I now communicate and registered on the site meetville.com. I created a questionnaire to find a good man for life and I hope that soon I will meet my happiness and have children.

Youth does not play a decisive role, the main thing is that a person is mentally ready for marriage. This is the most important thing for a successful family. I got married at 23 and I think it's normal.