Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Young to Marry?

I think everyone is different, and know when they wish to get married.
    My mother was married at 16, and 9 months later I popped out. Mum and Dad were married for 51 years (Dad passed away in 2000), and life was always good to them, and their marriage was terrific. Mum can now sit back and enjoy her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
    Me, I was married when I was 24, again at 43, and again at 59.
    A sucker for punishment ????

I'm sort of with Cataholic...I dont' think marriage makes sense unless there are kids involved. I know there are a lucky few that find "the one" and are together forever. I've always had long term relationships...10+ years. But I've always found that I grow and change and people grow and change and odds of us growing in the same direction aren't likely.
    Regarding "celebrity" marriages, I think they are doomed no matter the age

There is no magic number.

My best friend in high school got married at 18. 24 years, 3 kids and 3 grandkids later they are still very happily married.

Was I mature enough at 18 to get married? No WAY! And I had NO desire to get married. I got married at 38, and that was just right for me.

My son is 19 and there is NO WAY he is even remotely close to being mature enough to get married. It will be years before he will ready. But, a couple of his friends in our little town got married at 18, and are doing great, four years and two kids later.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    I think everyone is different, and know when they wish to get married.
    My mother was married at 16, and 9 months later I popped out.
    Why and where was she hiding you?

My mom got married ta the age of 21. I want to get married at the age of 19 or 18

Well I've never been married and most likely will never be and I've learned to just accept it and be happy with my family of cats instead. As for having children, if I did have them it would of had to be in my 20's so I would have enough energy to keep up with them. I can't imagine having children in my 40's. My cats keep me on my toes as it is.

My mom didn't get married until she was 23 and she said that this was considered fairly old back then. My youngest brother got married first and I think he was 27 but it only lasted a few years. He got married a second time at 30 something and he's still married and now has 2 children. My other brother got married at 30 and he's still married with 3 children. For a while there, I think my parents were wondering if any one would ever get married and if they'd ever become grandparents.

I've seen many families where it seems like if the parents married young and had children at a young age, then their children also marry young and have children at a young age. I personally think that 23 and older is a good age to marry because then if you went to college you've already most likely graduated and hopefully started working.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    I've always had long term relationships...10+ years.
    Why?

When you can have a bunch on one day?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...hlight=affairs

I have to agree with there is no magical age or right age to marry, for each and everyone it is different, when my niece married she was only 18 her husband to be 19, they have been together since 14 and 15 ,now happily married for over seven years and two babies as well, i was worried they were far too young, but they certainly seem very happy together.

My sister was married at 18 and also my mother, a bit of a pattern here,except me i married first time at 22 then at 34.

If i were to choose an age it would be probably around 25 or 26, because you have had time to do a few things in life, travel etc, meet various people, and still young enough to start a family, although that does not seem to be the case nowadays, as women are choosing to have their children later in life.

I had a child earlier in life and one later in life, and i speak here personally for me it was better having them earlier in life, only because of my ill health really, otherwise it made no difference.

I just cannot imagine ending up marrying the men i knew when i was 16 or 18, but then i still made a mistake at 22, so you see age does not necessarily help you to make the right choice,but for me when i was younger i simply had no interest in marriage or children.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Blog Entries
    You can get married at any age. It depends on who you pick for a mate & if you can keep it compatible. No one is perfect & it takes lots & lots of work to hold it all together. It is a work in progress 42 years of it for me & what his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    You can get married at any age. It depends on who you pick for a mate & if you can keep it compatible. No one is perfect & it takes lots & lots of work to hold it all together. It is a work in progress 42 years of it for me & what his name.
    Agreed. But I think it's very important for a man to choose a woman with small feet, so that she can stand closer to the kitchen sink

I think a man's age to get married should be around 26 or 27. and a girl, I'd say 18 - 23. My mom got married at 21 and so did my sis. My bro might get married in December. So he'll be 26-7. That's what I say.

I really can't say there's a magic number to get married. It all depends on the relationship and on the people involved. Some 20 yr olds are more mature than a 30 yr old sometimes so who's to say when one should marry. I really think today's circumstances are different than yrs ago. Today girls want to go to college and have a career other than being a mom and raising kids. And the opportunities today are endless for girls. They can become anything they want, yrs ago you heard of girls wanting to become nurses, today they want to become doctors.
    But there are still girls who dream of getting married and having children, to them it means everything, nothing wrong with that either.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

"Why?

When you can have a bunch on one day?"

Oh Richard! Ten second AFFAIRS are among my favorite sports. I said RELATIONSHIPS!

Claudia

I think it depends on the person, and I honestly don't care what others do. For myself, I would like to wait until I am done with school. I am in a serious relationship with my boyfriend, and we both feel there is no rush for marriage! I am only 18, and we both have 4+ years of school ahead of us. I want to live life, and truly feel like I want to spend the rest of my life with the person that I am with. There is no age for when I want to get married. I would prefer to be out of college, financially sound, and with a great guy! No matter what age that is.

I do honestly think 18 to 21 is pretty young for most people. The majority of young people that age act on impulse and don't always think things through clearly... I know I still do! I do think I am mature for my age, but certainly not enough to get married. There is no reason to rush if you are with that one person. You've got the rest of your lives!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Agreed. But I think it's very important for a man to choose a woman with small feet, so that she can stand closer to the kitchen sink
    Women with little feet use paper plates, plastic spoons, fork,knifes & paper cups so there are never any dishes. They are also very smart these women with little feet they also trick their husbands into taking them out to eat.