Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has this been your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    So typical of men - must be pampered and always the center of attention! Guess it applies to cats too...

What a sexist RANT.

LOL, the Edster is a wuss too!

PCP (Princess Chelsea Pearl, or Chels as the Catmobile Crew calls her) is a lapcat on her terms.....of course! She doesn't really like laying on my lap - she wants me to sort of put my legs in a "circle" so she can lie between them directly on the seat of the recliner.
    Franklin isn't a lapcat but he does want to lie either on me or pressed against my legs while I'm supposed to be sleeping. And woe to me if I should want to turn over or otherwise disturb his slumber......LOL
    My Abby Charles (RB) loved to be held but wasn't interested in laps until his was almost 11 years old. All of a sudden, one day he just jumped up and a lapcat was born!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

I think you've got something there, Mary. I'd never made that particular connection before.

Elmer and Bob and Sydney are much more for cuddling up to me than the two girls Poppy and Sparkler. One or the other of those two will sometimes settle down on my stomach when I lie down on the bed.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Our kittys have all been affectionate. August, our male tabby was a lover - he always wanted to be held and cuddled and would often cuddle in my lap but only in my lap

Eve is an enigma - she was completely aloof with her previous humans and would not let them pick her up With us however, she is the ultimate lap kitty She cuddles with her daddy whenever the opportunity presents itself and monopolizes his lap the moment he sits in front of the TV. At night she is all mommy's girl tucks herself right up against me, has a long bath and curls up for her nap. In the mornings she is usually curled up on my shoulder purring in my ear. We have never had a more affectionate cat She has been like that with us from the moment she walked into my garden and adopted us as her own. It makes me feel wonderful to know that this little girl feels safe and secure with us and I cherish her affectionate nature.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

If Havoc wants attention he'll pace across my lap but he's never been one to lay in my lap and be petted. Toby is more lappy when it's cold out but here lately he's been a lot mellower and will jump in my lap if I'm eating but still lay there when I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Pearl is my needy cat these days. She has to be with constantly and yes she's sitting in my lap right now as I'm typing this. Ziggy isn't a lap cat but she'll meow to me for pets and scritches.

I've had everyone since they were kittens except for Storm and Sky. I think that since Pearl is a Siamese mix that this makes her more needy to her special person.
    I think that every cat is unique but that it can be a combination of factors that makes a cat a clingy lap cat.

Both of my girls are like Pearl in that they love to be with their people and love to snuggle in your lap. I think it is a trait of the Siamese breed and also may be a combination of how they were raised as kittens as well.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

The only lapcat I have at the moment is Sophie. She's my lovebug. Has to be by my side when I"m home from camp and is constantly under foot, lol.

When I had Taz (who then went to live with my parents, but they let him outside and he was hit by a car and killed ), he was a real lap cat. He was always needy and wanting attention. He and my Jorgie were inseparable. My new guy, Sebastian, looks so `much like Taz did, and has such an outgoing personality, I'm hoping he and Jorgie become good friends. I'm also hoping he remains super friendly with me and that I have a lap cat once again!