Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Dorm!!! *Pics*

Classes went pretty well! We didn't really do much. I got out 10 minutes early in Psychology and Animal Science was 2 hours, but it was cool.

I'm a little nervous about my GPA and keeping good grades and stuff now though. They told us all of this stuff about getting into Vet School and it's a little bit scary!

Yes, I have a roommate. And PC, thanks for the tip. I couldn't have bought them online this time because of the fact that I didn't have any money to use my debit card or whatever yet, haha. But I might try that next semester! I also had to buy one of my books new because I had to have some stupid access code or whatever for the E-version.

I'll keep y'all updated on how my other 3 classes go tomorrow!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Bri, you are going to do great!!! Just keep an open mind, do the best you can do, and be proud of where you are and what you are doing!

Hope you have a good weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Bri, you are going to do great!!! Just keep an open mind, do the best you can do, and be proud of where you are and what you are doing!

Hope you have a good weekend!!
    Thanks !

Classes today were pretty blah. My Biology class is HUUUGE. So was my psychology class yesterday.

Tomorrow it's back to Psych and Animal Science. 15 minutes to get from one side of campus to the other, oh boy :/.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Pretty big college huh? Well, good luck in college!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    Classes went pretty well! We didn't really do much. I got out 10 minutes early in Psychology and Animal Science was 2 hours, but it was cool.

I'm a little nervous about my GPA and keeping good grades and stuff now though. They told us all of this stuff about getting into Vet School and it's a little bit scary!

Yes, I have a roommate. And PC, thanks for the tip. I couldn't have bought them online this time because of the fact that I didn't have any money to use my debit card or whatever yet, haha. But I might try that next semester! I also had to buy one of my books new because I had to have some stupid access code or whatever for the E-version.

I'll keep y'all updated on how my other 3 classes go tomorrow!
    Oh, you will do great! You have the right attitude and of course the smarts to go along with it.

Dorm room looks familiar. My daughter will be going back to college next week for her 3rd year. Wow...time flies.

Good luck!

Thanks .

And yes, UT is humongous lol. There's like 26,400 students and tons and tons of buildings. Plus it's mostly a walking campus, though we do have buses.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

You'll be as thin as a stick when you finish college. My mom tell me to put on some weight becuase college is coming near and there is a lot of walking in a college. My sister is going to start college and she'll be a stick by the end of her college days.

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    You'll be as thin as a stick when you finish college. My mom tell me to put on some weight becuase college is coming near and there is a lot of walking in a college. My sister is going to start college and she'll be a stick by the end of her college days.
    I wouldn't mind losing weight, haha. But I try to take the buses as often as I can. Sometimes I have to.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Haha!!! Yeah take the bus. You won't lose weight then.

Ahhhhh....nothing says college like painted cinderblock walls!

Bri- I am so excited for you! Just stay focused and remember that you are there to study first, have fun second.

Good old cinderblock walls indeed .

Hehe, I will. I just have to figure out a whole study routine and how I'm going to go about studying then I'm all set.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Thanks for posting these, Bri, and when I move into my uni flat I'll definitely try to get some pictures up of the room and of London as soon as I can!

The univeristy sounds huge! I think I'd be lost amongst so many other students! London uni is collegiate unlike a lot of the unis over here and so many of the students are spread out. I think there'll be around 200 in my RVC yeargroup with around 70 doing my BSc(Hons)/BVetMed Combined course.

Do you self-cater? I know the catered halls in London cost an absolute bomb and seeing as my loan won't even fully cover my self-catered halls, they were pretty much out of the question.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
    Thanks for posting these, Bri, and when I move into my uni flat I'll definitely try to get some pictures up of the room and of London as soon as I can!

The univeristy sounds huge! I think I'd be lost amongst so many other students! London uni is collegiate unlike a lot of the unis over here and so many of the students are spread out. I think there'll be around 200 in my RVC yeargroup with around 70 doing my BSc(Hons)/BVetMed Combined course.

Do you self-cater? I know the catered halls in London cost an absolute bomb and seeing as my loan won't even fully cover my self-catered halls, they were pretty much out of the question.
    It is so freaking huge, ugh. I'll have to go out and take some pictures around campus when I get the chance. Although it's really huge, it is really pretty. And I think it's the oldest, or one of the oldest Universities in TN. Some of the original buildings from when it was called "Blount College" are still here, though I believe the oldest building is being renovated, maybe? We also have some places that are rumored to be haunted, which I think is pretty cool .

There are around 84 Animal Science majors, or 84 Pre-Vet, one of the other. Animal Science has like 3 concentrations though. Animal Industry, Pre-Vet, Pre-Vet 3+1 and Bioscience or something like that.

I feel dumb asking this, but what's self-cater? LOL
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    I feel dumb asking this, but what's self-cater? LOL
    I think she means - did you buy a meal plan, or do you cook for yourself? We HAD to pay for a meal plan at the dorm I lived at the first two years of college, which was a big chunk of money, and for not very good food. I tended to live off the cereal and the salad bar - we'd take raw ingredients back from the salad bar and cook our own food sometimes.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I think she means - did you buy a meal plan, or do you cook for yourself? We HAD to pay for a meal plan at the dorm I lived at the first two years of college, which was a big chunk of money, and for not very good food. I tended to live off the cereal and the salad bar - we'd take raw ingredients back from the salad bar and cook our own food sometimes.
    Ohh, gotcha.

We have a meal plan. Some dorms require it and some don't, mine does. It's like $1,682 a semester, but I have unlimited meals and we have these really nice cafeteria style places where they swipe our ID card and it takes off a meal.

Then we have places like Chick fil-a, IHOP, Subway, Pizza Hut, KFC, etc. We can use "Dining dollars" for those or this thing called meal equivalency where we can use a certain amount counting towards a meal and pay for the rest via dining dollars.

We also have grocery stores/convenience stores on campus (though they're outrageously priced) and we have kitchens we can get the key to and kitchen items we can borrow from the front desk .

That's horrible that your food was awful though, Karen. They could have at least gave you some decent nutrition!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan