Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Dorm!!! *Pics*

Yeah, that was what I meant. Hehe, the English language lost in translation!

Glad that the food is good! I love cooking but after I've had a few hard days studying I can quite easily see myself dropping the cookbooks for beans on toast and as many free drinks as I can scrounge in the bars. I guess catered would always be easier, haha.

Zimbabwe 07/13

They should give you a meal plan, pfft. But everything I have is paid for, so I guess that's why it was easy for me to get one. I bet your tuition is probably a lot higher than mine too since you're going to an awesome University in London haha.

Maybe you'll find someone to cook for you?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post

Maybe you'll find someone to cook for you?
    I dunno how happy the boyfriend would be on that one.

Zimbabwe 07/13

That's horrible that your food was awful though, Karen. They could have at least gave you some decent nutrition!
    It was truly bad, I lived at one college as the college I went to (Mass Art) didn't yet have dorms, so they made agreements with two other colleges, Emerson and Emmanual. I lived at Emmanual, which had a closer campus to Mass Art, and the first semester particularly had dreadful food. Everything was shredded, breaded and fried, so you could only tell by the shape weather it was beef (round), chicken (rectangular), pork (pork chop shaped) or fish (square), but my saving grace was the salad bar - at least there were fresh vegetables there! After that semester, so many people complained that they changed the food service company, I think people were really getting sick.

Thankfully, there was a regular supermarket pretty close, and it was open 24 hours, so we always had that option. Being in Boston, there's always some possibility for food, if you have any money!

UT is so big, sounds like you have plenty of good choices.

We look forward to pictures of the campus when you have a chance!
    I've Been Frosted

Zara Make the boyfriend go with you and make him cook .

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It was truly bad, I lived at one college as the college I went to (Mass Art) didn't yet have dorms, so they made agreements with two other colleges, Emerson and Emmanual. I lived at Emmanual, which had a closer campus to Mass Art, and the first semester particularly had dreadful food. Everything was shredded, breaded and fried, so you could only tell by the shape weather it was beef (round), chicken (rectangular), pork (pork chop shaped) or fish (square), but my saving grace was the salad bar - at least there were fresh vegetables there! After that semester, so many people complained that they changed the food service company, I think people were really getting sick.

Thankfully, there was a regular supermarket pretty close, and it was open 24 hours, so we always had that option. Being in Boston, there's always some possibility for food, if you have any money!

UT is so big, sounds like you have plenty of good choices.

We look forward to pictures of the campus when you have a chance!
    That sounds so disgusting haha. I'm glad we have good food here . I love going to the grocery store on campus (Which it's also really close to my dorm) but it's so expensive that I'm kind of afraid to buy anything .

I'm excited to get out and take some pictures, hehe. We have so many pretty buildings and historic-ness! I'll get out and take some as soon as I can ^_^!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Do show the pictures of your college. And good luck for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    Do show the pictures of your college. And good luck for tomorrow
    I will! And no classes tomorrow, haha. I survived my first week, woohoo!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Nice! oh yeah tomorrow's Saturday. Saturday Sunday holiday? Well, good to hear you survived the first week!

Awesome Bri! I'm excited for you. I start college this Wednesday! I am not staying at the dorms though... Too much of a wimp to move out yet hehe. And school is only a few minutes drive away. What're you studying? Sorry if you already said... I haven't read the thread all the way through.

Your dorm sure looks cute!!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    Awesome Bri! I'm excited for you. I start college this Wednesday! I am not staying at the dorms though... Too much of a wimp to move out yet hehe. And school is only a few minutes drive away. What're you studying? Sorry if you already said... I haven't read the thread all the way through.

Your dorm sure looks cute!!
    Woo, college!

Animal Science - Pre-Veterinary Concentration !
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Bri, I remember your FB posts and the high marks you scored on tests - you'll do great! It seems that first year in EVERY university/college the workload is especially heavy - maybe to weed out the ones who don't really want to move ahead?

But I know you will be brilliant! Zara, same thing. Looking forward to photos and reports on life and on the FOOD!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Bri, I remember your FB posts and the high marks you scored on tests - you'll do great! It seems that first year in EVERY university/college the workload is especially heavy - maybe to weed out the ones who don't really want to move ahead?

But I know you will be brilliant! Zara, same thing. Looking forward to photos and reports on life and on the FOOD!
    Yeah, I haven't started my readings yet but I need to do that ASAP haha. Tomorrow is gonna be a study day.

And thank you, I'm going to try and hopefully succeed !
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

As you speak it sounds like you're having quite a lot of fun in college. Meaning you're settling in the college earlier than anybody does.

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    As you speak it sounds like you're having quite a lot of fun in college. Meaning you're settling in the college earlier than anybody does.
    Everybody's said it's a big transition, but I mean really, you move on your own, you go to classes, you study, you have a little fun. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe nothing has happened to me yet or I haven't got to the stressed out point yet. I probably shouldn't be saying I don't think it's a big deal because I'm pretty sure it will be as soon as I type this. :P So I take all of that back hahaha.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Everybody's said it's a big transition, but I mean really, you move on your own, you go to classes, you study, you have a little fun. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe nothing has happened to me yet or I haven't got to the stressed out point yet. I probably shouldn't be saying I don't think it's a big deal because I'm pretty sure it will be as soon as I type this. :P So I take all of that back hahaha.
    hahaha!!! But, I think you'll have a perfect year.