Thread: zenni optical help

zenni optical help

I want to order my new glasses from zenni optical but I have a problem

The jerk that handles the pupil measurements and eye glasses across from my eye doctor wouldn't measure my pupils for me. told me "it's not my problem" even though my doctor requested he do it. (the dr's office and the optique are affiliated)

so I don't know what my pupil measurement is

is there ANYWAY I can do this myself? or no.

I'm so frustrated with lenscrafters and BJ's I'd rather not have to go to them

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Yep, I did it myself -- well, with the help of Bobcat.

I stared straight ahead and he took a ruler and measured the distance between my pupils. I forget what the measurement was but the glasses I wanted didn't come with that measurement. I said screw it and ordered them anyway at the closest measurement. I've since ordered 4 more pairs and have never had any problems.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

oh awesome.

do you measure to the center of the pupil? or just the distance between them?

OH also...

how do you measure the bridge of the glasses?

do you measure across the top? where the nosepads are? or the widest distance at the bottom?

Luckily my eye doc did this for me...still happy with my 8 dollar pair from zenni
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Try some place like Walmart - just ask for the measurement, it's not that hard to do, and they are likely not on commission!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes you can measure it yourself, or go to another eyeglass place and ask them. As for size, do as Karen suggested and try on some in stores. I must have twenty pairs of zenni glasses, so we can meet up and you can try them on for real!

I found another online glass site - goggles4u.com that I like much better. Zenni changed their website and its too frustrating for me to navigate any more.

An easy way to measure the distance between your pupils is to stare straight ahead while wearing a pair of glasses and then have someone put a dot with a DRY ERASE marker right in the center of your pupil. That way you can measure and remeasure easily
    As for the other measurements, if you have a pair of well fitting glasses that you bought in an optical shop they should probably have your measurements printed somewhere on the inside of the earpiece. It's worth a look anyway
    Now you have me in the mood to buy a new pair!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Very good

Yeah I found a pair on Zenni that look JUST like the pair I have now that I'm thinking of getting

hadn't thought about putting a dot on my glsses where my pupils are. that is BRILLIANT. so smart you are

and I didn't know about the measurements inside the ear piece either but sure enough there they are Thank you

you guys are so clever lol

lol I'd love to take credit for the brilliant ideas but all of the credit goes to good old google. I googled like a fiend when trying to figure out these same things for myself!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Sirrahsim- Great idea!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

good call on google too lol. looked it up and got specifics about the numbers.

had brian do the dot thing on my glasses.

I ordered my first pair. I looked through so many pairs and fav'd quite a few but then I saw them. it was THE pair. then I showed them to hubby and he definitely agreed that they were the right pair lol

so with anti reflective coating, clip on sunglasses AND shipping.... just over $32.00

AMAZING. I paid over $250 for these glasses I have on now with only the very basics. no scratch resistance, no anti reflective.

I'm SO excited