Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrinkles gone

I think your "before" pictures are lovely. I don't see anything at all wrong with your face, you are very pretty.

But if it makes you feel better about yourself, then that's all that counts!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

If I had the money, I think I would like to get a little something done if it would make me feel so much better. I recently lost tons of weight and have some skin I would love to have *tucked* I am glad to hear that you had such quick and good results. Having things done right there where you work and from people you trust must have been a very good experience too!

It will be fun to see your before and after pictures because I don't see any wrinkles in the picture you posted here

Yes, I can tell the difference and you're right, it's removed a lot of years from your face but you looked pretty good to start with, Monica. Your lines weren't that deep. I'd love to have something done but I am afraid of injections b/c a foreign substance is being injected into the body and I worry about future effects or even instant allergies. I think I'd rather have a nip and a tuck. As I mentioned, a friend of mine had a procedure done b/c she wanted the wattle removed. It really did change her appearance except now, several years later, she's sagging on one side a little bit. I don't have a wattle, fortunately, but I do have lots of laugh lines and the beginning of what I call the Howdy Doody chin.

I look at cosmetic surgery as an extension of makeup and as long as you choose a qualified, board certified surgeon and it's in the budget, why not? There are people who get carried away w/it and have entirely too much done and there are also people who don't need it, such as teenagers or very young adults but for the most part I think women just want a fresh look again and not something drastic that totally changes their appearance. Good for you, girl. You look good and I'm happy that you're happy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I´m too chicken to do something on myself.. but if needed.. I think I´d do it.. and seeing the results you got.. wow.. you looked pretty nice before but the after really looks different.. very nice and if you feel good..great

I too would like to get rid of my excess baggage.. lol.. as well as some lifts here and there.. but on my face there´s this smile wrinkle I hate.. lol.. I don´t mind expression wrinkles but this one just irks me.. haha.. might as well consider that in the future..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Thank you everyone. I was really bothered by those lines on my face and I am glad I went ahead and had the Dr take care of them. I think my mouth area looks 10 years younger.
    There are many websites that explain Radiesse and other facial fillers.
    I am lucky that I work for a Dr who does this. It is not painful, just little pricks, less pain then a dentist needle for sure.
    What I had done is about $900.00. Not cheap but it lasts for more then a year.
    Botox I have not had but it is very very popular. If you look really look at women in there 30's, 40's and 50's you will soon be able to tell which ones had some work done. They just look a bit fresher, maybe a bit younger.
    I do believe that we will be the last generation to age. People in their 20's will stay younger looking for a long time.
    Just with the advancment of dental work, things such as teeth
    whitening can take years off of a face.
    It's a new world.

Awesome! I'm glad you're so thrilled with the results!!

Blog Entries
    You look great Monica.

Like I said, earlier, far be it from me to criticize anybody who wants to feel and look better. My hair turned grey in my late 20's and I had become allergic to hair dye in my late 30's. I get nothing but compliments on how great my hair looks, very natural (Ha! All these rock stars dying their hair grey!). I'm getting way too many wrinkles on my face, but not bad enough to bother me..yet. I got Invisaline braces last summer because I always thought I needed braces and spent years smiling with my mouth shut. Not finished yet with the process. But I did it for ME. When liposuction first came out, I had it done 3x and never regretted a second. No diet/excercise could have helped my problem. It's blissful to feel good about yourself.

BTW, Marigold, you look fantastic!! What a difference!

I've been Boooo'd!

Surgery is surgery no matter how minor so if anyone is thinking of injections please see a reputable qualified person to explain ALL the details to you beforehand. The internet is not the place to get the information you need, And the same rule applies to hair dyes...I'm so glad I was never tempted to use them, besides the fact that my allergies would have kicked in. But so many oncologists are now warning people of the dangers of hair dyes. It seems the dyes go through the scalp and into the system and can be the cause of many cancers or tumours. If someone does have cancer and goes for chemo the first thing they are asked is if they dye their hair, then they are told they can never use hair dyes again because of the danger of the dye getting into their system and reactivating the cancer cells.
    I prefer to stay "au naturel" and save myself the grief of what will happen down the line. My self esteem doesn't need the boost from all that foreign junk in my body.
    People have been searching for the fountain of youth since the beginning of times....
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Before I start, just let me say that this is for everyone in general and no one in particular.

Just to add a little food for thought here. Even tho you may not be concerned with long term effects of injections, just think of what has been started by a simple procedure to get rid of a few wrinkles. It's really a never ending story - an endless work in process - if you would think of it in those terms.

So now you have a wrinkle free area about the mouth - for a year or so. Then what - have it done again? What about the rest of the face and neck that continues to age?? - now you have to fix that too - otherwise you have a younger mouth and an older rest of the face. Ok - so an injection to get rid of those frown lines (sorry, but everyone has them sooner or later) between the eyes might help for a while, but that isn't going to last either. Now there are lots of crows feet and bags under the eyes with the passage of more time, and don't forget that skin under the chin and the throat and neck area that is now drooping and sagging. All that's going to look really bad if you have gotten rid of the mouth and frown wrinkles and nothing else. So what to do - a face and neck job of course, and that means a cutting surgical procedure. Yikes - you've created an expensive monster here - and all because you wanted to get rid of some lines around your mouth. Face it - that's what's going to happen over time, and more and more procedures will become a way of life. It's either that, or just go back to your natural look, and be proud of what God gave you.

Take a look at old Joan Rivers! I wonder what she would really look like, if she hadn't had so many face lifts. Good grief, if she has any more to tighten things up, she will hardly be able to see, since her eyes will be mere slits. I don't know how she can even smile without it hurting.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Never thought about it in that way but it does make sense doesn't it. Maybe that's when people start having immune problems, having the injections repeated time and time again.

Joan Rivers, Elizabeth Taylor for those who have seen her last pictures , and then there's MICHAEL JACKSON, oh my
    Asiel

I've been Boo'd----

Let's not forget Priscilla Presley. Good grief! She admitted that she was operated on by an unlicensed cosmetic surgeon who injected her face w/industrial grade silicone used to lubricate automobile parts!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I must have slept through that one. This is the first time I hear of it. That makes me wonder what she was using for brains to do something so dangerous.
    Asiel

I've been Boo'd----

Thank you again for all the nice comments. My friends who have seen me or pictures of me are now wanting it as well.

When I look it the mirror I like what I see. I did it for myself. A little treat for me. Hubby said I looked young before but he does admit that my mouth looks sexier now.
    Will I have other work done, yes I will. Just like buying pretty new outfits or a new pair of shoes or lipstick I think most people want to look nice. It is just a matter of degree to how far one goes. I say if it makes you happy and you can afford it then go ahead.

Some people can buy $600.00 dollar Coach purses and some can't. Many women would say it is a waste of money for one reason or another. But it is their money and if they want to spend it on a purse good for them.

I work hard for my money and if I want to spend money on myself I am entitled. I just happen to like pretty things. I love my flowers I spend a lot of money on my yard.

I am enjoying life to the fullest. I want to look as good as I feel.

I do have a funny story to tell about my one friend who had a breast lift. She was always a big girl around that area, so after she turned 45 she decided a lift would be good. Lots of weight on her shoulders giving her headaches. Insurance paid for it in fact.

The two of us were out shopping and along comes a women from her church. (My friend is very involved in her church.) And she looks at my friend and it is so obvious she is staring at her chest. And the women says to my friend;

"I love your new hairdo"

Well my friend has worn her hair in the same style for over 20 years. It was all I could do to not burst out laughing. Once we left the store we howled with laughter.
    And that is what people said to her especially it her church.

Your new hair do looks so great.
    All the while everyone is looking at her firm D cups.

God that is funny. We laugh that she will have to keep her face as young looking now as her so called hair style.

She is so happy with her new look and can wear so many cute cloths now. She is one happy girl and so is her hubby.

I think we women need to be supportive (parden the pun) of one another and our choices.
    I would suggest that anyone wanting to have work done to check out all the facts and do what makes you happy.

That sounds strange.
    Someone with her money and connections to be so careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Let's not forget Priscilla Presley. Good grief! She admitted that she was operated on by an unlicensed cosmetic surgeon who injected her face w/industrial grade silicone used to lubricate automobile parts!