Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrinkles gone

Wrinkles gone

So I work for this ophthalmologist and ocular surgeon. This Dr is so incredibly talented he also does a lot of cosmetic procedures such as Botox, Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane, Cool Touch laser, Micro, CO2 laser. We also have an aesthetician who works for us.
    As you can see by this photo of me hot and sweating I also have really deep lines around my mouth. Smile lines which I don’t find funny at all. So I asked the Doc to get rid of them and he injected me with Radiesse and BANG they were instantly gone. I was done in about 12 minutes, very little discomfort from the injection and my face, I can’t stop looking at it. It looks 10 to 15 years younger around the mouth. It is just amazing. The Radiesse last for one to three years. The wrinkles deep, deep wrinkles are gone like magic. I will post some pictures in a couple of days. Amazing what they can do now a days. No wonder some of these movie stars at 70 look 40. They are using Radiesse.
    Just a warning it is not cheap but so, so, so worth it. Makes me feel truly 15 years younger and that is wonderful for anyone.

Blog Entries
    It would take a couple gallons of that radiesse to get rid of my wrinkles. Where does that radiesse go after it leaves the area of injection in a year to three years? What I do is comb my hair into my face & I look like a sheep dog, along with my glasses I hide my wrinkles. Crazy but it kind of works.

My theory is that if a nip/tuck/injection makes you feel terrific about yourself, go for it. I had stuff done many years ago and it lifted my spirits, self esteem. Good for you. Smile away!

I've been Boooo'd!

I'd love to see the before and after photos, Monica. I've never had anything done but that's not to say it'll never happen. A friend of mine had some cosmetic surgery done and it took a lot of years off her appearance. She always looked older than she is but now she looks different. If it's in the budget and it makes you happy and you choose a qualified dr., why not?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Well - I'm 60+ and proud of every wrinkle and gray hair that I have. I earned it and have no desire to hide it and try to look 40. I've seen too many botched jobs, and would never consider getting injections of anything to hide the true me. No one knows the long term effects of these "miracle treatments", and what looks good now, could potentially cause problems down the road. With me - it's "what you see is what you get" - take it or leave it. Beauty is only skin deep, and I for one, look beyond the outer packaging.
    Cosmetically altering your looks for your own vanity is rather shallow - IMO of course. To correct birth defects or repair damage from some sort of accident is another story. But in the end - it's "to each his own"....

ETA:
    Before I get jumped and accused of "picking on" the OP, let me say that this was NOT directed to the OP. It's simply my opinion of what I feel on the issue, and it would apply to anyone who would elect to have such procedures done.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 08-17-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I will be 50 this year and sometimes I do wish I looked a few years younger. I have a HUGE wrinkle in the middle of my forehead that I would like gone. The rest of my face, not so bad with wrinkles.

I am happy for you that you like your results.

Monica,

You look FAB, girl!!! You have a beautiful family too! Thanks for posting the pictures! Well worth framing.

x

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Hmmm.....no not for me. Wrinkles don't bother me, I look at them as a road map of what my life has been and is now.I don't like anything foreign in my body, I have enough problems as it is. I'm prone to giggling a lot so I do have deep laugh lines I suppose but that's me, love me , love my wrinkles . I never look at a person's outside appearance, the inside is what counts to me.
    I've watched a friend get injections to look younger and I've seen the effects on her autoimmune system once the stuff was absorbed by her body.
    The injections are mostly dermal fillers , like hyaluronic nucleic acid or hydroxyl apatite in a gel carrier. But once these are absorbed by the body it can cause reactions in some very sensitive people .
    Zsa Zsa Gabor had many trestments to keep herself looking younger...I wonder if she cares about that today as she waits for her last day. She was a fabulous lady, sad to see her leaving us.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Blog Entries
    Those sharp needles would be the killer for me & not knowing what they put in would do to me later on. But if a person wants to keep themselves up & looking beautiful go for it. There is that beauty on the inside which counts the mostest (new word) I invented.

Ok here are the pictures taken at work. This one was taken the day of. I have deep lines next to my mouth and semi deep lines forming on the bottom of my mouth running down toward my chin.

This was today the day after. I am a bit swollen and sore. It hurts to laugh which I do a lot of but you can judge for yourself. I personally am amazed and think my mouth area looks 10 to 15 years younger. I am 51 and I am very happy to have those lines gone.

I will have another photo taken in a week when the swelling goes down. I can't believe how instant the effect was. My mouth area looks so young and so do my lips. I could have used a ton of face cream and never gotten these results.

This was taken about three weeks ago. You can see the deep lines in my face.