Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 prays for Claudia and Ziggy *Update Claudia doing much better* *Ziggy is gone

2 prays for Claudia and Ziggy *Update Claudia doing much better* *Ziggy is gone

Ms. Claudia was taken to the vets on Aug. 5th because her chin was very swollen due to feline acne. The vet gave her a depo shot and it has been healing. Last Thursday she started sneezing like crazy again we thought maybe it was because we had our central air running more and little colder than usual so we turned it way down and hoped that it would make a difference for her. Well this weekend she seemed to get worse with doing that. She is sneezing trying to breathe out of her nose even though she is stuffy.

She won't come out from under the bed so last night I had to put her in the bathroom so that way if she gets into the vets today to get an antibotic shot I can catch her otherwise she won't come out. This morning it looked like her eyes were looking a little better but then she started sneezing and of course her eyes would water some more.

She had an URI in June and she was given calvomox for it but she was very difficult to pill so I'm hoping that I can get her into the vets today to get a convenia shot so that way we don't have to worry about giving her pills. Poor girl I feel so terrible she is sick again. I'm just wondering if it was stress from going to the vets on Aug. 5th caused this to flair up because back in June when I took her to the vets for the first URI she was at the vets about a week prior to that getting her vaccines and anal gland expression.

Thanks in advance for the prays.

Here is a link to the previous thread about Claudia.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=162655

Some of you might recall the barn cat that I took in. His name is Ziggy. Well lately it seems like he is just lying around much of the time except when I pour food or if we get in the lunch meat. He loves people food. The only thing that seems semi-weird to me is that he seems to have a lot of weight around his mid-section instead of fat hanging from his lower belly like most cats get.

He was wormed and he was also given a pill for tape worms as well. He is estimated around 10 years old or at least that's what his previous owner said she thought he was. I'm just a little worried that he might be losing some weight because he's not getting much exercise so he's not getting much muscle and I just wonder if the food he is eating is just going right towards his mid-section.

When the vet calls back about Claudia I'm going to mention about Ziggy's waist issue and see what he thinks, he saw him last month when they did his eye surgery.

Thanks,
    Melissa
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 08-18-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Claudia will be going in and getting a convenia shot at 5:40 p.m. I really hope this helps her.

I am sending good thoughts and prayers to Claudia and Ziggy.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

We Found Cats are sending Prayers for Claudia and Ziggy and we Pray that Claudia will stop sneezing and her eyes will go back to normal
    That was so good of You to take Ziggy in, and we think that Ziggy likes you, but only moves for food!!
    We Cats have our priorities you know
    Last edited by catmandu; 08-16-2010 at 02:00 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The vet didn't call back to talk about Claudia so I scheduled Claudia for this evening and I scheduled Ziggy for a vet appt for Wed. morning at 11:20 a.m.

I'm so worried about him. I know Claudia will be fine once she gets the injection but Ziggy we've only had him since April and I hate to think if something serious is wrong with him.

Thank you all for the prays.
    Melissa

Prayers for both Claudia and Ziggy, that they will be well again soon.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hopefully the shot will help Claudia. I know that this year has been very bad for allergies as well and it's really affected my Sky. Ziggy may need to be on a different diet. Do you free feed? Many senior cats do better on smaller portions throughout the day. I don't free feed any more. I feed small portions 2 times in the morning and then 2 times in the evening with about a 2-3 hour time period in between feedings. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both Claudia and Ziggy. Please keep us updated about them.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Hopefully the shot will help Claudia. I know that this year has been very bad for allergies as well and it's really affected my Sky. Ziggy may need to be on a different diet. Do you free feed? Many senior cats do better on smaller portions throughout the day. I don't free feed any more. I feed small portions 2 times in the morning and then 2 times in the evening with about a 2-3 hour time period in between feedings. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both Claudia and Ziggy. Please keep us updated about them.
    Yes I do free feed him. I was looking back at some photos of him and he has always had a big mid-section even when I first got him but then filled out pretty well but now his coat doesn't feel right and I can feel his back bone even though he has all this weight around his mid section.

At the end of July and mid July he was fine and looked good and now he seems to be declining.

He wouldn't come out much except late at night when we are in bed so it was hard to get a good look at him until this morning. I'm usually very good about checking my guys out and making sure they look good, etc. I was seeing him when I'd cook or get some cheese or lunch meat out but I guess I just didn't notice that well. I hope nothing serious is wrong with him I feel so terrible now as it is about this.

I tried to load some photos so you guys could see the improvement but I couldn't get the photos to load.

I'll try maybe tomorrow.

Melissa

Prayers on the way from me too! Hope they both feel better soon.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sending prayers and positive vibes to Claudia and Ziggy.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Prayers coming from Mary and the Fur Posse. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Claudia got her shot last night and this morning she seems to be doing a little better.

Ziggy came out last night for a little while, I kinda coxed him out with some lunch meat. Poor guy I just feel terrible. I was looking back at a few pictures and when we first got him back in April he had a round mid-section then too and he was pretty thin but then by June he looked so much better and last month he had his eye surgery and the vet didn't say anything about his mid-section or anything and he looked good but then this month he's not looking good at all.

I should have probably caught this sooner. I hope he will be ok. Tomorrow's appt. can't come soon enough.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mid July 2010 (18).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	761.6 KB 
ID:	45832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 165.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	45833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 198.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	45834  

Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss from Tx for Claudia & Ziggy.. Hope you both get well soon & start feeling lots better.. All Paws Crossed..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I am sending good thoughts and prayers to Claudia and Ziggy.
    That goes for me too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Many prayers for both Claudia and Ziggy.

I hope Claudia continues to do better. Here is a candle for her: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11417325

And may the vet find what is ailing dear Ziggy and help him to get better soon. Here's a candle for him, too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11417347
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery