Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Mr Purr Michael is Sluggish.Miracle Michael's Coming Home..

Thank You so much Friend Pat.

I did not realize that Bob and Scrappy Twos Fellow Sydney were getting fluids
    I am going to talk to Michael's regular Vet when he comes back and set something up.
    Does it take long to give Bob and Sydney their drips and do you have trouble keeping them still while doing this?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    Thank You so much Friend Pat.

I did not realize that Bob and Scrappy Twos Fellow Sydney were getting fluids
    I am going to talk to Michael's regular Vet when he comes back and set something up.
    Does it take long to give Bob and Sydney their drips and do you have trouble keeping them still while doing this?
    It doesn't take long, maybe 10 or 15 minutes in all. First I put the fluid bag in some warm water in the bathroom sink for a few minutes to get the fluid closer to body temperature. Then I put the bag up high.. I have a coat hanger on the shower-curtain rod that I hang it from.

Then I get the first one (usually Sydney). Either I hold him on my lap, or, he has a bed on the floor there and sometimes he stays in that. He might move around a little while I get him into an easy position to hold on to. Then I lift the skin for the tent and put the needle in, then open the fluid line. He just relaxes as the fluid flows in. We're done in maybe a minute or two, and I pull the needle out and set him down on the floor. I change the needle for a new one, then go get Bob. He likes to lie on his side on my lap, so I get him in the best position, make the tent, and insert the needle. He relaxes too as the fluid flows into him. In fact, he also is usually doing his silent purring!.. I can't hear it but I can feel him rumbling. Then he's done, and I unfasten him and put him down or else take him back to where he'd been before the fluids.

Sydney is going on 15 years of age, and Bob is 10 years old. Neither cat's kidneys are performing quite as efficiently as they had in the past, so that's why the boys are getting the fluids. Sydney gets 100ml every day, and Bob gets 100ml 3 out of 4 days running.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery