Thread: How to control a barking dog *pics*

Hybrid View

You have the most gorgeous dogs. They are all incredibly beautiful. I have Chihuahuas and "bark" is their middle name. Good luck to you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Thanks for all the replys! I bought the bark off just the other day just have yet to try it out. The doggy daycare doesn't work because I work 2-11pm and no place is open that late. For now he stays at my parents when I'm gone. I will have to get the camera out and have a photo shoot with the dogs

I don't recommend a bark collar for a reason you may have never heard of. When I got my dog, Autumn, I still lived with my parents. My stepdad wouldn't tolerate any barking so she had to have a bark collar. Autumn quickly learned that she could get away with a loww growl without getting shocked (BTW, the shock doesn't hurt that bad, I've tried it). Anyway, now she still greets people with a growl and uses a growl more than a bark. This is not an aggressive thing on her part, its just that she learned that a growl was all she could do without being shocked. This scares people and could be dangerous for her is she growls at somebody who takes it wrong. She hasn't had the shock collar for years but still growls before she gets up the confidence to bark. Sometimes she still acts like she's expecting a shock after she barks.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I think you have a bad case of separation anxiety and are going to have to work with that. But you can't expect instant results... it's going to take time...

Here is a good website

http://www.wagntrain.com/SeparationAnx.htm

Good books

http://www.bulldoginformation.com/do...n-anxiety.html

I think you'll just need to do a lot of reading and take a positive reinforcement method to this. It will take time but if you love your dog, you can do it.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*