Thread: Cats, scarab beetles and insects?

Cats, scarab beetles and insects?

For the last month I have noticed tons of the flourescent green scarab beetles flying about.

(I have seen TONS of great insects around this year-butterflies, bees, crickets and grasshoppers!)

I have seen a few dead scarabs around......My Little Frens have been catching and playing with them until they kill them! They leave the carcasses for me to pick up!

I got to thinking about how the ancient Egyptians revered both cats and beetles and what their take on cats killing beetles would be?

------------------

The front porch has been an insect graveyard, too.

The cats kill all the insects that show up to play on the porchlight. You should hear the racket they make.

RICHARD,

My little Munchkin, Shortie Girl, is the greatest bug catcher!!! There was a fly in the apartment, that LuLu was trying so desperately to catch, to no avail. Took Shorties one swipe of her paw and in her mouth it went. Kinda grossed me out while she was chewing it. But she my little Bug Girl!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Scrappy Two is our exterminator around here she can nail a flying moth at twenty paces and is death to all flying creatures.
    She is the enemy of the spiders who look catching their food in their webs.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

both of my cats are mighty insect hunters. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a crash in the middle of the night just to see 2 cats running out of the room looking ceilingward. They don't leave any evidence, either.

Neither of my boys is a great bug hunter. But...both of my boyfriend's kitties are Grade A, Number One, Bug Hunters. They especially love crickets.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

There was a big winged ant wandering around the apartment a few days ago. Smudge followed it, sniffed it, pawed at it a few times - then decided it was boring and walked away. I had to whack it myself (don't want carpenter ants eating the house, thank you very much!) He's really more of a detective than a beat cop when it comes to bugs.

Love, Columbine