Thread: Dodger

Dodger

Hey Dodger, Once upon a time I had two Labs that look much like you...except for the legs...and they were great dogs too. I believe you might have Greyhound legs in Lab wrapping but who cares, it's the total package that counts. You are a handsome pup and I can almost see vast amounts of energy radiating from you. I wish for you and your family all the happiness that you deserve and I believe you deserve plenty.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.

Dodger, what a beautiful coat you have, it looks like black satin. I'm so sorry to hear you were ill-treated when you were a baby and I'll never understand how people can do that. But what a lucky boy you are now, dear Dodger. A forever family that loves you so very much. I'll bet your tail just wags and wags when you look at your mom and dad. I hope you have a long and healthy life sweet boy; I know it will be a happy one. Congratulations Dodger, on being our DOTD.

Hi Dodger....I know how your mon feels. You do look so sweet.You can be my baby to. I have always wanted a black lab. You are so handsome.
    And the sweetest face. I don't know how anyone could abuse you or any animal. I hope they get their just punishment. God did not give us animals to abuse. I have two yorkies. I love them dearly.Dodger, Have a wonderful life with your loving family.

An Animal Lover
    LHCamry

Dodger you sweet boy, I'm so glad you found a mom and dad that rescued you and give you lots of love. congratulations on being DOTD
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!

Dodger

Dodger, You are one slick sleek handsome boy! Your black hair looks like glass. I am so glad you were rescued by a wonderful caring person and now you are loved very much by your family. I also have a lab mix (yellow) that someone threw away as a grown dog and I do not understand how one can do such a cruel thing. Your lab sounds so very sweet and gentle as is mine. I enjoyed very much reading about Dodger; thanks for sharing. Enjoyed the pics also. Congrats on being DOTD! Kay in NC

Delightful Dodger!

What a lovely lab mix you are...and shame on whoever abused you in your early years! Some humans are terrible...but at least many more are not. And you now are healhty and happy!
    Great pics too...enjoy your DOTD status, Dodger!

Aww, Dodger! I don't know what you are a mix of, but you sure are handsome! I would love to pet your pretty, shiny coat. I can see why grandma spoils you Happy Dog of the Day, sweet Dodger Doggie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hi Dodger! Happy Dog of the Day to you! No matter your breed blend, you couldn't be more handsome, sweeter, more perfect if you tried! Though I have to say, your looks. your sweet and loving, your life loving personality appear 100% Labbie o me!

I so enjoyed reading your bio., all about your happy life, Dodger! As many here have said, I too cannot believe how anyone could abuse, then "dump" a defenseless, beautiful doggie such as you, leaving you to fend for yourself! Thankfully you were rescued, and adopted by the most loving forever family! Wow, Frisbee sessions with Daddy, play dates with your pup pals, visits with Grandma, that awesome cache of toys to play, snuggling on the big bed with Mom and Dad at night...it doesn't get any better than that, and no doggie was more deserving than you, sweetheart!

Thanks for the big smiles, Dodger! You are truly are an angel, and so deserving of being honored here today! Hope you're enjoying a very happy, fun filled day, being spoiled rotten...er, and loved to pieces! Please have your Mommy or Daddy give you a bunches of hugs and kisses, some baby carrots and a Milk Bone, for me!
    Love, Sandra and Star the Lab!
    (LOL @ loving that K9 Advantix commercial!)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dodger

Dodger, Unfortunately you are not the only pup/dog that has been left on a highway due to the cruelty of an uncaring person. I want you to meet my Annie a lab mix (photo at bottom). She appeared at my house one day and I am sure she was left on a country road. You really are a beautiful dog!! Enjoy your wonderful life Dodger. Kay in NC

Hi Handsome Dodger,

You must be a sweet as you look baby boy. I am so pleased to meet
    you today. It is so good to know how loved you are and how happy you make
    your family. You certainly deserve to be loved & also honored as our special
    DOG OF THE DAY. Sending out lots of cyber hugs & kisses just for you
    sweetheart.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just like Tiny

Dodger, you look and sound just like my best dog ever, a Lab/shepherd mix named Tiny. He looked just like you, and was equally sweet and loving. What a talker! I could tell you stories of the times he read my mind. His only quirk was that he didn't have a clue about retrieving. You threw a stick, he watched it and thought, oh, she threw a stick! I wonder why!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Dodger - it looks like someone gave you a bath in car wax, and buffed you to a high gloss finish. What a beautiful, shiny coat that you have - just gorgeous!

I'm so glad to read that you are in such a loving and caring home now. I can't imagine anyone mistreating you, or any other trusting and defenseless animal. I wish I could wipe out animal cruelty - it makes me so sad.

But when I read good ending (or beginning) stories like yours, it makes my heart glad, and I know that there are more good people, than bad.

Wishing you a very long and health and happy life with your hoomans. A big hug and belly rubs going out to you from me.

Congrats on being today's DOTD!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hi Dodger!!!!!

We are in total agreement with everybody else. That shiny coat is as bright as can be. So beautiful. Such a glisten to it. We have to mention that smile on your face. OMG!!! We are all smiling at the adorable look. What a good looking boy you are and you sound like a wonderfully sweet boy too. Only crazed morons would mistreat you, sweetheart. You are a true gem. Congrats on your big day as our DOTD!!! We hope you get to visit Grandma soon. Please tell the family to cover you with kisses from Florida. Happiness always!!!!!

Love, Daisy and Delilah in HOT Sunny Florida

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Add me to your fan club, Dodger! I LOVED reading all about you! What a perfect, handsome, sweet, loving boy you are, not forgetting to mention, once again, your beautiful coat! Happy DOTD!

I've been Boooo'd!