Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We went to the beach!

We went to the beach!

Today we took Zoee and Taggart to the beach. It was misty and freezing!!! But the doggers had fun. We met up with a friend and her dog.

I'm too lazy to upload to photobucket so I'm just going to attach them. Sorry.

The first and last pictures are Taggart and a Golden.

The second picture is Taggart, Watts (our friends dog) and Zoee's butt. Do you see the small Aussie in the back? We kept running into him all the way down to the beach and back up.

The third and fourth pictures are Zoee. She was soo excited!!

Five more pictures in next post.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 002.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	45808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 003.jpg 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	45809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 004.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	45810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 005.jpg 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	45811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 006.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	45812  

Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The first picture here is Taggart, Zoee and random dogs, including the little Aussie guy and his human.

The second picture is Zoee on time-out. She gets too excited and tends to be a bit aggressive and not listen.

The third picture is Taggart. I really thought he would be afraid of the water. Boy was I wrong! He had a blast!

The fourth is when we got back to the car and got cleaned up.....a little.

The last is two thirsty dogs. Luckily Watts' human remembered a dish. I had water but not a dish. Zoee had drank from my hand earlier.

That's it! Even though we were cold and wet we still had a great time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 007.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	45813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 008.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	45814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 009.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	45815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 011.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	45816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 2010R 012.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	45817  

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Really nice pics! All the dogs are adorable, especially yours! It looks like you had a nice day.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Your dogs are adorable as always and I am jealous...I love the beach. Which one did you go to?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Thanks guys!

We went to Fort Funston. The trail down to the beach was a doozy. Then Bruce took us the wrong direction so we had to climb another hill. My legs feel okay today, so I'm guessing they will be sore tomorrow. But the dogs had a blast and that's all that matters.

I see some doggies who had FUN! Nothing like romping freely on a beach with your buds, eh Taggart? Zoe, those waves do chase ya, ha haaa.

You may have been wet and sad with the mist / fog and all, but the pups LOVED it! "Thanks, Mom, for a great outing!" He heee.

Thanks Sandie! Yes, they had a blast. I wish I could take them there more often.

When we got Taggart we were hoping his calmness would rub off on Zoee. Then we thought Zoee's behavior might rub off on Taggart! But luckily that hasn't happened. Taggart is so calm even when Zoee is freaking out.

They are soooo cute!!! Looks like they were in hog heaven!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Looks like they had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us all. In the second-to-last picture, what's the structure behind Taggart?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Looks like they had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us all. In the second-to-last picture, what's the structure behind Taggart?
    Bruce thought it might be where they had cannons and were able to move them around. But we aren't sure.

Fort Funston

With the invention of aircraft, open-air gun batteries became giant bull's-eye targets, and the army began building casemates over batteries to protect and camouflage them from enemy aircraft. Completed in 1938, Battery Davis was the first of these casemated batteries. The barrels of its two massive, 16-inch guns weighed 146 tons apiece. Battery Davis served as the prototype for all 16-inch gun emplacements built in America after 1938. Explore Battery Davis from the Sunset Trail.

History
    Soldiers to Students
    When the first flag went up over Fort Funston's parade ground in the early 1900s, the San Francisco Chronicle remarked that it looked more like a frontier post than one near a heavily populated city. Later, this unassuming place became a base for some heavy weaponry: first, the 16-inch guns of Battery Davis, and later, Nike missiles. Today, the barracks have more friendly occupants—the schoolchildren attending programs at the Fort Funston's environmental education center.

You found a place with some freezing mist? That alone would be a treat
    for me & my pups. They look like they had a great time. I so wish I had
    some place like that beach to go with them. Is it very far for you to drive?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    You found a place with some freezing mist? That alone would be a treat
    for me & my pups. They look like they had a great time. I so wish I had
    some place like that beach to go with them. Is it very far for you to drive?
    It's about an hour. Longer if you hit traffic, which you usually do on the bridge. Also, we couldn't find it at first, so that took about 10-15 more minutes. But it should only take about an hour.

Casey loves the beach I need to take her soon!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    It's about an hour. Longer if you hit traffic, which you usually do on the bridge. Also, we couldn't find it at first, so that took about 10-15 more minutes. But it should only take about an hour.

An hour isn't far to go for a whole afternoon of exercising the dogs.
    They sleep so well when they really get to do some running.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Looks like a great time was had by all!! Fantastic pictures!!

Cindy:: Sorry to tell you but, if it's misty and freezing, I'm moving in with you. Please clear some space. Thanks!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!