Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your pet help you cook your meals?

Does your pet help you cook your meals?

Smudge is the Royal Cheese Taster. He has to make sure that I only eat the highest quality cheeses! He also makes sure that the chicken is cooked to perfection. He'd like to be more helpful, but as often as not, when I offer him whatever I'm eating when he starts begging, he'll look at me like I'm nuts. "Olives? Cucumbers? Chick peas? You EAT that stuff?"

Love, Columbine

Hee hee - the dogs we had growing up were always good at "supervising" anything involving food. Miss Hoppy often hung out in the kitchen but didn't seem to care unless I rustled a bag in the refrigerator that might have had carrot or parsley or something yummy in it.
    I've Been Frosted

No birds in the kitchen while cooking unless it's the Senegals, who sit nicely on their perch or hang out on the pantry shelf. All the others are too unpredictable and I get scared. Except sometimes Teacake the lovebird wants a s bath from the kitchen faucet while I'm cooking and that's ok.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

My RB dog Sami loved to clean up the vegie peels, especially cucumber. She'd also bark for broccoli.

Diego always has to check out my gluten free cookies, be it chocolate chip or peanut butter, he needs to have a sniff, then shrinkles up his nose and gives me a look of "good grief lady, that's nothing good!"
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Fister is very selective about helping me cook. He will be tin the kitchen on time, though. In fact, often before I get the food out of the fridge. Of course, it depends what it is, but it has to be raw! As soon as it's on the pan he loses interest and walks away. It's funny, if I start cutting up onions, he comes rushing out, he knows that the food might be something he likes, like fish.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    No birds in the kitchen while cooking unless it's the Senegals, who sit nicely on their perch or hang out on the pantry shelf. All the others are too unpredictable and I get scared. Except sometimes Teacake the lovebird wants a s bath from the kitchen faucet while I'm cooking and that's ok.
    Haha, this reminds me of my friend who always has at least one of her birds in her kitchen with her. Usually her red-throated conure or her African Grey.

I would love to have my birds in the kitchen with me, but my cats wouldn't like that so they stay in their big cat-proof bird room. They do sometimes help me prepare their meals in the kitchen area of the bird room though.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

7. Nope. Kirby is either in his crate,, or i close the door so he cant get in the kitchen. i dont turst myself not to step on him. one of the things i dont like about having a little dog. but at least hes not a Chihuahua LOL

Nope, but they sure help me EAT it!!! God forbid I eat a balogna and cheese sandwich in front of Butchie!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Well my kitties for sure help me eat the meals more than they help cook.. But yes they help cook too..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

She does! She likes to wedge herself between my feet and I have stepped on her tail before. I 've learned to look down before I move in teh kitchen!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Maya loves to watch while I am preparing our food! She sits there on the counter looking at the food all the time
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

My BIG boy Joseph used to help me cook. He would sit on the small two step ladder and watch everything I did, meowing all the time like he was telling me how to cook. He finally got bored with that.

Our little Michael will sit on top of the fridge and watch every move I make. I dont dare turn my back on him as he will steal food or lick it!

Oh yes, under my feet wile I cook or prepare a meal. Then under the table or next to me while I eat, even after I have given them their food.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Taffy takes on the cook's role: "No, I must TASTE IT! You know, to make sure it's ready." *nom nom nom* Cass is the supervisor, watching carefully my every mood.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Cupcake goes NUTS for bananas and apples! She's also more than happy to help with anything else. Poptart wants whatever Cupcake has. He also likes pizza. He's such a little boy.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.