Thread: Claudia Has a Vet Appt. Tonight

Claudia Has a Vet Appt. Tonight

Claudia will be turning 8 years old this month. I can't believe she will be 8. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old. She was so tiny and skinny and sick. I adopted her from the PSPCA and the vet that checked her told me she was going to write a letter about her because she shouldn't of left the shelter like this but I'm glad I got her because back then they probably would of put her to sleep. Anyway, in June I took Claudia to the vets because she had an URI, and I mentioned to the vet about her chin and asked if she had feline acne. As it turns out she did. The vet recommended that I go purchase stridex wipes and clean it twice a day or even just once a day. We did that, and her chin ended up looking worse. I called the vets because she developed some sores under her chin and the vet said to put some neosporin under her chin twice a day.

Miss Claudia decided she wanted to hide from us and didn't want us touching her. So I had to brib her out and then she'd go and hide. I was gone for a week in July and my husband tried to give her the neosporin but she doesn't like to cooperate very well. When I got back her chin looked worse it seemed. So I tried very hard to do the neosporin again twice a day and it seemed to improve.

But now it's bad again, she has two bumps under her chin and I think her glands are now inflammed and I was worried about her lower gum becoming infected as well.

I was hoping that it would get better and we recently switched their food about 4 weeks ago because almost all of our cats were getting acne which we watch our cats and they clean themselves and we figured out that it was the food we were feeding them. The food would leave a grease film over the bowls and it probably got stuck under their chins. They like the new food better it seems.

If you could just saw a quick little pray that the vet will be able to treat her and I hope it's nothing too serious. I feel terrible that I should have taken her in sooner but I was just hoping that we would be able to help her out.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Early Jan 2010 (18).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	45794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jan 2010 (23).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	45795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April 21 2010 (1).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	846.8 KB 
ID:	45796  

Prayers and healing energies for Claudia, that this isn't too serious and that the vet will be able to treat it and get Claudia back to normal soon.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

WE Fiound and Porch Cats ^^ and All Of Our Awesome Angels Army are sendin Very Specail Prayers for Your Dear Claudia , that modern Vetinary Science will make her well and happy again
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What kind of dishes do you use for her food and water?

My Vet told me to use ceramic or glass - never plastic. I switched and things were much better.

My Vet told me to use ceramic or glass - never plastic. I switched and things were much better
    I've heard that before, Klinger and Yetta's vet told their dad to switch away from plastic..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

double ditto on the ceramic or glass.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Not to be a repeat but glass or ceramic bowls are a must. The plastic ones cause the acne. I hope she feels better soon.

I've used plastic before and never had a problem. Most of the time, I use paper picnic bowls from Dixie. They're disposable and there is not chance of any germs being left in the bowl.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Yes we switched to glass bowls and ceramic bowls We researched feline acne when our guys started getting it and we got rid of the bowls but they kept getting it and the only other thing we could think of was the food because before we switched them they never had this problem. So we changed the bowls and food.

Claudia was given a depo shot yesterday and the vet said by Monday we should see an improvement.

*Fingers crossed*

Melissa

A big PAT ON THE BACK for such a great job done! If it weren't for you, your love and patience, this precious kitten wouldn't have a chance.

Keep on keeping on, Claudia.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!