Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: catland has lost a kitty. Remembering Quincy.

Oh Julie , how horrible ...! We experienced just the same thing with our RB-cat Sydney ... (read the story on my web-site!).
    A sad thing like this ruins all the good thing you had on your holiday , isn't it ; besides it gives you a feeling of guilt ..

Take care Julie !! If I can give you a good advise : go to a shelter and adopt a new cat as soon as possible ! It won't replace your Quincy , but it surely helps to get over your big loss ... I did that , and Maya heped me a lot !!

Originally posted by lut
    If I can give you a good advise : go to a shelter and adopt a new cat as soon as possible ! It won't replace your Quincy , but it surely helps to get over your big loss ... I did that , and Maya heped me a lot !!
    I know there are a lot of people who would disagree, but I have found in the past that this is EXACTLY what I needed to do after a loss of a beloved kitty.

Oh Julie how very sad for both you and your husband. Poor Quincy he'll be so sadly missed. What an awful thing to come home to. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} across the miles for you both. Keep thinking that Quincy is happy at Rainbow Bridge and wondering why his Mum and Dad are so sad. Keep on going with all your beautiful memories of a much loved fur boy. xxxx

Lynne

Oh Julie, how sad!!! And it must be horrible to return from vacations and learn about such a horrible thing!

Talk to us when you're ready, okay?

Kirsten

Angel's wings to heal your heart...so sorry to hear about Quincy. Take care--I know you have a lot of sympathetic and empathetic support here, so don't be a stranger too long.
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Julie, I agree with Lut, I was feeling terrible when my first cat died in July. But now I feel better after taking another kitten, hope you too will recover soon .

Julie,

I am so sad to hear about your loss and our thoughts are with you.
    I agree with everyone who said to visit a shelter and provide a home for someone who needs it. I found that to be the best medicine when I had to put my dog down last year...Dawn and Slushy helped me allot!
    It is not intended to replace your Quincy , but it helps to get over your loss and provide love to someone who needs it...

Catland, Where are you? We are begining to worry.

Thank-you everyone, for all of your condolences. I don't know yet if another kitty will be in my immediate future, but in the meantime, we're spoiling our other three kittys to help fill the hurt.

Your kindness has meant a lot to me.

Hi Julie! Yes, of course you shouldn't get a new kitty before you're feeling ready for it, but from my own experiences I can only second what the others said. But after I have lost Katz, there was no cat left for me and life without a feline around was horrible, so it was a good decision for me to get Luna five weeks later.

Kirsten

I'm so sorry to hear about poor Quincy! Everyone mourns in different ways, and it sounds like your other three kitties are helping you through this tough time. Take care and know that Quincy is romping at the RB.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl