Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
That said, missy, when's the PT meeting gonna be at your house?! That'll scare ANY sexual offender away!
LOL!!!

In the past Kia has growled at two men (strangers). But she also tucked tail and ran when my dad jumped out from behind a tree at a friend and I in the middle of the night. So I guess it'd be 50/50 with her.

I'd actually be more worried that someone would seriously hurt them if they did interfere.

Thanks again for all the feedback everyone.

I'm not going to quote everything, I'll just touch on some points.

I'm not out to make this guy's life a living hell. Frankly, he did that himself with the choices he made.

According to him, he's lived there 9 months (which I'm sure is the truth as it coincides with his parole date). Kids have been playing in the street and riding their bikes. As far as I can tell everyone on the block gets along and things do seem calm. The last thing I want to do is get on this guys bad side and stir a hornets nest.

I'm not sure what other neighbor he mows the lawn for. I'm not sure of the radius on his GPS ankle bracelet. He can obviously come onto my entire property without it going off.

I do not want to confront him unnecessarily. If he continues to keep to himself, all the better for me. But if he tries to cross a line, I'll let him know in no uncertain terms am I interested and that I'd like to be left alone.

As for the house, I'm locked in. It's a contract with the government (HUD). I must live in the house for one year. Can't be rented out. Can't be sold. After a year, I can do whatever I want with the house.

I'm not going to let him force me to move anyway. I like the house and I like the area.

He knows I have the dogs, but I never told him they were friendly. They look and act friendly, but he has no idea if they've been trained to attack. I'll keep it that way. And Staci is right, a third dog just isn't in the cards right now.

I plan on getting ahold of the parole officer and introducing myself and explaining how I've moved in and if there is anything I should be on watch for.

I'll look into self defense classes in the area. Many friends and my grandma recommended ADT so I'll give them a call as well and get an estimate.