Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My neighbor... the sexual offender

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Couldn't agree more...printing it out and taking it to him has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    Consider the source...........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Couldn't agree more...printing it out and taking it to him has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    Agreed!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Leave things alone and don't stir up a hornet's nest. As long as he is living by the rules of his parole and "keeping his nose clean", then let him be. Just maybe he is trying to turn his life around, and as long as he isn't bothering or threatening anyone, what would be the point of making his life more difficult than it already is? Printing out his record and flaunting it in his face will serve no purpose at all, other than to inflame the situation. Let sleeping dogs lie. Only if he does step out of line, should you feel the need to take defensive action. JMHO of course.......

My feelings exactly. Why in the world would anyone want to print out something as cruel as that and start a war in the neighbourhood. Now that would be asking for big trouble IMO . I agree, if the guy is trying to turn his life around this would certainly be counter productive.
    Leave it alone but do keep your eyes open and be careful at all times , if he causes no trouble then you should be fine. Learn a few karate chops in case he does decide to pull a fast one
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with Pomtzu leave well enough alone. The guy has to live with what he has done & sometimes people learn the hard way & turn their life around. Lets hope he is doing just that. I would still be cautious make sure you lock your doors, & windows, put in an alarm system if you can afford one ( I don't know what something like that would cost?) Make sure you have a contact tact person (someone you can call & they can be there for you if you need help) in case something would happen. Get to know your other neighbors too. Just be careful & play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Make sure you have a contact tact person (someone you can call & they can be there for you if you need help) in case something would happen. Get to know your other neighbors too. Just be careful & play it safe.
    One of her cousins and her husband and kids lives like a mile away from her new house. That would be her closest contact person nearby.
    Friend to Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Harley, Baby Crested, Mei, Esme, Jasper and Lucy Inara, along with the hermit crabs.

AGREED

WHAT on EARTH would that accomplish? Do you honestly think if he had ill intentions that your "threat" would SCARE him? and if he DID have ill intentions all that would do is put him on the defensive and likely make him angry.

YEAH great solution.

Leave well enough alone. He seems to be trying to keep his distance as far as no hand shaking and backing away from the door before you answer etc etc. He obviously thinks that you are already aware and he's on probation so it seems he's trying very hard to keep himself out of situations that could be misunderstood

As long as he leaves you alone then I would leave him alone. no need to start a war over it.

you know I always found it kind of funny that ANY thing classified as a sex crime is broadcast for the rest of your life but if you murder someone and don't get life in prison... no one KNOWS except your victims when you get out.

burglars.... robbery... assault (non sexual)... etc etc you aren't put on a list for everyone to know (as far as I know). only if you commit a sex crime. when all those people could do worse to you.

anyway... just leave him be unless he starts acting inappropriately but don't do what marigold suggested. that is the WORST thing you could do especially as a single female living alone.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    AGREED

WHAT on EARTH would that accomplish?
    Either a $100,000 video for America's Funniest. (stupid women gets pwned by reality)

OR

A rather unnecessary obituary.

---

When confronted by a bear, the last thing one should do is poke it, unless you are prepared to kill the bear.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I don't like those lists. I don't like the mandatory classification or sentancing that goes along with it for some of the reasons listed already. I didn't read the conviction sheet, and even if I did, I doubt I would be able to positively comment on the charge and facts without reading MI's criminal code.

I think people should be smart, period. I would't invite an unknown male into my home, and probably wouldn't invite in unknown female into my home. I am talking about uninvited unknowns. If I called the roofer to give me a quote, that is different. I also wouldn't have children of parents that I didn't know into my home, either.

Our criminal justice system is set up so that once you have served your time, your debt to society is over. You are to have been rehabilitated. A second chance, a fresh start- whatever it is called. People that get these labels for the rest of their lives are subject to double jeopardy, in a way. They can't get a job, they are limited in where they live, the stigma follows them like no other crime. Heck, a murderer (not sexual) gets a fresher start than a sexual 'predator', someone that "raped" his girlfriend or wife.

I am in no way condoning ANY crime, and of course have a particular hate of crimes against children, women and animals. When you consider that most sexual predators or sexal crimes are those in which the victim and the accused shared a close relationship prior to the crime, I think random 'drive by' molestations are rare.

None of this means don't be smart. But, I would go about your business the same way you would with any 'stranger'.

I agree 100% with those of you who think that printing out any information and waving it in his face is a horrible idea.... it is! That will solve absolutely nothing. It will only make Kimmy look like the 'bad guy' who is stirring the pot in her neighborhood, and nothing short of that.

Staci, how funny that you mentioned about having a "like" button here in PT!! I was actually thinking that just yesterday, and then started looking for it. Noo, I don't spend much time on Facebook, now why would you think that?!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I deleted my comment on this thread. Yes I had a different opinion then most people here. However I based that on life experience as most of us do. We react to things that impact our lives and that is exactly what I did. I don't feel there was a need for people to ridicule me or my opinion a simple "I don't agree" would have been enough.
    I was also informed that people on my ignore list made snarky comments
    that is why they are on my list and I do not comment on their threads or when I see them posting. I just go do other things. I had hoped it would be the same instead they seem to enjoy stiring the pot. Sad!
    It would be nice to voice different opinons here but I find that becoming more and more difficult and it saddens me,

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    I was also informed that people on my ignore list made snarky comments
    that is why they are on my list and I do not comment on their threads or when I see them posting. I just go do other things. I had hoped it would be the same instead they seem to enjoy stiring the pot. Sad!
    It would be nice to voice different opinons here but I find that becoming more and more difficult and it saddens me,
    If you have informers, then why not just take "whoever" off ignore, and read it first hand???

And if you don't "comment on their threads" or "when you see them posting", then they must not really be on ignore anyway, since you wouldn't be able to "see" them if they were. Gotcha.....

I don't have anyone on ignore, in spite of the fact that I was told by a certain member in a PM, to put her on ignore, at which time I responded back that I don't take orders from the likes of her.

Have a wonderful day..........

ETA - right back at ya' with:
    And a simple "I deleted my comment on this thread", would have been enough. The rest was just stirring the pot. Sad.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 08-07-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Marigold...for ramanth to have a sheet of the offender's record and shaking it in his face would have stirred up sh** that was stirred up and settled long ago, in court. He is not alone, there is an older man there (his dad?).

Given his backing away from her etc, he is very aware of what to do and not to do...and he has the GPS bracelet. I think that's enough.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

When the advice would put a dear pettalk friend in danger I will speak up...end of story.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post

I deleted my comment on this thread.

*Imagine* That, would ya?

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    And if you don't "comment on their threads" or "when you see them posting", then they must not really be on ignore anyway, since you wouldn't be able to "see" them if they were. Gotcha.....
    Just to say, you can still see if someone has posted when they are on ignore, you just can't see what they said... if you look on a thread they posted on, it will have the name of the poster and then a message underneath which says something like 'this person is on ignore' (and blocks out what they said).. I can't remember exactly what it says but you get the point. I think what Monica is getting at is if she saw a thread was started by someone she has on ignore, she wouldn't reply to it- and you CAN see the thread titles and who they are by etc even with the person on ignore.
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes