Thread: A Crazy Situation for Me

A Crazy Situation for Me

Bear with me please as I explain this situation I am in at work. I work at a military installation at the hospital which is close to some of the base housing. From time to time we get cats and kittens. Last batch a couple years ago the kittens trapped and turned into vet services. Of course we are in this situation again and all have been trapped but one, a 5 month old kitten. Myself and others were feeding the cats (3 until momma had 4 kittens) and catching flack for it, mainly me. The intent being that once momma had weaned the kittens then the MPs could trap them. To shorten the story, we have cat haters their at the hospital and one kitten was deliberatley run over, one kitten was bashed in the head and had to be put down and Saturday when I feed the last remaining cat/kitten, I found containers of antifreeze around!!!!! Needless to say I went crazy and have raised CAIN. Oh, and a coworker, whom I was responsible for getting them the job and have know for 34 years, filed a formal complaint against me for creating an unsafe work environment because the kitten hissed at her behind a fence. Because I have raised so much hell about this, I am being threatened with discipline if I continue to feed the kitten. My boss even went to Civilian Personnel to find out what he can do to me. I did report the antifreeze to animal services, but because I moved the containers I tampered with evidence. I told the guy the only fingerprints on the container would be mine and the individual involved. I also offered to help trap the kitten since I am experience in trapping and my understanding was that I could help him since they inhumanely trapped one of the males and left him in the blazing sun. I took care of him but reported animal services to the rescue organization the government has a contract with. Georgia code 16-14-2 makes it a felony if you intend to or maliciously cause death or harm to an animal. Federal instituations are to comply with state laws, but no one cares. We have an employee at our hospital doing this, so what else are they capable of. I really don't get it. Let's discipline me but let the real criminal go. Until animal services sets the traps, I am not abandoning that baby and she will be feed until they do. I do plan on setting my traps this weekend though. Can you guys believe this!! Sorry this is so long and probably confusing........and thanks for letting me vent. I am a firm believer in "WE ARE THEIR VOICE"
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. It is unbelievable that there are "humans" that would run over and bash a kittens skull in. How can we help? Can we get the media involved? Do you need to "lawyer up"? All I can offer is kind thoughts for your work. There is nothing more despicable than someone that would harm and animal or child. They are the definition of cowards.
    Claudia

Goodness! How could someone -- well some one like us here on PT -- even imagine getting into such a mess?

I am glad you have animal services involved! What was done to those kittens is criminal and should be reported. I pray A. S. has some success in tracking down and prosecuting the culprits.

Prayers for you, that you find a way through this mess, that you keep your job, that the one kitten is trapped and safe.

I am trying to decide what I want to do. Whether to involve the media or what. My husband wants me to call PETA but I don't think this would stir their interest much. It is a matter of principle here and it really sticks in my craw that I am the criminal not the one doing harm. Statics show that those who hurt animals hurt their spouse and children and that bothers me also since this could just be more that the kitten.
    I couldn't sleep Saturday night worrying about the kitten whether I would see it Sunday morning or not. My daughter went with me in case it didn't show up, but also because the bottom line is, that I am being watched, which makes me uncomfortable. I guess another sleepless night is on tap.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

If that type of abuse is a felony, call the police on the guy.

I'd get the media in on this. You can always get another job - but the embarrassment caused by the media exposure might do you a favour.

It would also be a good chance to tell everyone to spay and neuter their pets, and to NOT dump them. (I would hope there is a no-kill shelter there somewhere).
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How about giving the Pet Talk crew the number to the hospital so we can start a phone campaign to stop the abuse?
    I for one would love to make numerous calls and pitch a total screaming hissy-fit (no pun intended).
    If you don't feel comfortable with the phone call route, give us an email addy.
    Get everyone you know to call your local congressman or state rep and make a complaint.
    The Feds have a whistle-blower protection law - call the omsbud and report.
    Contact every animal rights and rescue group you can think of.
    Document EVERYTHING. Take photos whenever you can. Make sure to note the date, time, and all parties involved.
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

You said it is a military situation, can you speak to the higher ups at the installation? If not them, your Congressman or woman.
    I've Been Frosted

Have you contacted Alley Cat Allies? Their website is alleycat.org and you may find some useful information there.

Good luck helping this poor cat. You shouldn't suffer repercussions for doing the right thing.

I've always believed that the media is a very powerful tool. Use it!! You'd be surprized how many people go ballistic when they hear stories of animal abuse. It might even help you get homes for them.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

E-mail everyone you can think of to email... Go to the dog section here and read Johnny Walkers story and see what all was done to get justice for Johnny. The people here at Pet Talk applied pressure and arrests were made. If you have to take pictures of the dead kittens, then DO IT and post them everywhere you can! That will draw more attention to the situation. Take pictures of EVERYTHING.

Once Johnny's story spread all over the USA and around the world, it was no longer a local matter and they knew the world was watching.. That is what you need here too..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!