Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some things baffle me

LH is a midget?

Sorry .

LH is a little person?!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

hmmm.....

At 5 10 and 200 lbs, I don't think I count as a little person.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    That's racism !!!! Just because all Australians have three functioning brain cells each is no reason to make fun of us.
    If you take into consideration the Collins boats and some of the toys your boys at Woomera are working on, I think y'all have a few more than three working brain cells. (Unless your thought processes were coded by Soviet programmers, in which case all bets are off. They did some amazing work with the crap Warsaw Pact processors.)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

OK so your not a little person.

Do you have female bits? Snookie has female bits. If you dont have female bits you arent Snookie like Wom charges.
    Last edited by blue; 08-01-2010 at 02:48 AM. Reason: So not to feed LH's ego :GRIN:
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Nope, no female bits, either.

Sorry Wom LH isnt Snookie.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Sorry Wom LH isnt Snookie.
    I wasn't referring to THAT LH.......I was referring to Larry Henderson.
    I used to go to school with him.

Yes?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

Yes?
    That's him !!!!
    Or me.
    Not sure which.

A very classy wedding, for sure

I suspect the wedding was very, very classy, with lots of expensive attire, tasty food, and A+ entertainment. Chelsey deserves some credit for trying to keep it secret. I suspect the secret service was there for her father and mother's sake. Do the children of past presidents get forever secret service coverage? I suspect not, but not sure about that.

I would enjoy seeing some photos of the wedding and well, that's about it. Blame most of this on the press. I love all wedding photos.

Anyway, please don't give the kid a bad name. She was born into this family. She hasn't done anything bad that I know of. She is thirty, and has dated this guy for five years. I don't get a kick out of betting against marriages, anyway. The odds are against them to begin with..... I always hope that all good marriages, last. Some and many do.

Let's let her have her day in the limelight, enjoy the attention and then get on with her life. She is not a movie star or an actress....please don't compare her to or our fascination with her, to that of LL or Snookie, etc..

Blame it on the press, not Chelsey et al.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    There are pictures at both the Washington Post and NY Times. Her dress is lovely.
    Yes - Chelsea's gown was lovely, she looked absolutely radiant, and everything about the whole wedding was over the top. Now let's leave the newlyweds alone to get on with their lives.

Boy - wouldn't it be nice to have the money that was put into that fling???? I'd be set for life.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

How certain things make "trending topics" on Twitter also baffle me. For a while there Justin Beiber was there every day ... why?

I don't mind when people I have never heard of are "trending topics" - as they are sometimes political figures from countries I don't know a lot about, or sports I don't follow, but when a pop singer gets months worth of attention for apparently, well, existing ...
    I've Been Frosted

How certain things make "trending topics" on Twitter also baffle me. For a while there Justin Beiber was there every day ... why?

I don't mind when people I have never heard of are "trending topics" - as they are sometimes political figures from countries I don't know a lot about, or sports I don't follow, but when a pop singer gets months worth of attention for apparently, well, existing ...
    I'm baffled by anyones need to "twitter". Period. If people did not have a voyeuristic need to peep into others lives then 'the media', Facebook and Twitter would not exist.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    I'm baffled by anyones need to "twitter". Period. If people did not have a voyeuristic need to peep into others lives then 'the media', Facebook and Twitter would not exist.
    That isn't always true. I just recently reconnected w/two nephews and a niece that I haven't seen in over 20 years. FB made that possible b/c I tried so many other ways first and was unsuccessful.

Something else: b/c I have a son I become irritated when I hear things such as "It's her day" or "the bride this" and "the bride that". It's the groom's day as well and some people tend to forget that. They're focused on the gown, the food, the entertainment and that's fine to a degree. However, it's the marriage that's important and there are two in that marriage. The groom gets shoved out of the spotlight. I think this in some ways contributes to the Bridezilla thing. It's all about her and he gets left out.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Something else: b/c I have a son I become irritated when I hear things such as "It's her day" or "the bride this" and "the bride that". It's the groom's day as well and some people tend to forget that. They're focused on the gown, the food, the entertainment and that's fine to a degree. However, it's the marriage that's important and there are two in that marriage. The groom gets shoved out of the spotlight. I think this in some ways contributes to the Bridezilla thing. It's all about her and he gets left out.

When the Groom starts wearing a Bridal Gown, then he'll get as much attention as the Bride.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt