Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some things baffle me

Some things baffle me

Like, do I really care for every detail about Chelsea Clinton's wedding? I'm sure she's a nice person and all that, but it's been all over the news this week - who is invited, who isn't ... does anyone honestly care besides her friends and family?

Does the volume of news coverage of certain things strike you as absurd, too?
    I've Been Frosted

Oh tons of people do. Magazines like People, The Enquirer, The Star and tons of others make their money on our need to know what the rich and famous are up too because their life is often so much more exciting and fun then ours. Sad but true. More money, more parties, more lovers (always good) better hair, better bodies, bigger b##bs, bigger houses, faster cars. Ah the good life I mean who won't want to be Britney or Lindsey or Paris, or Heidi???

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    Ah the good life I mean who won't want to be Britney or Lindsey or Paris, or Heidi???

Someone who isn't stoned, is sober and has more than three functioning brain cells?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I agree Karen. I cannot understand this obsession with gossip, celebrity or otherwise. Does it matter how much Chelsea's wedding costs or who's going to be there? So Lindsay Lohan got 90 days in jail because she made the choice to act like a spoiled jerk, I care because...?

There are more important things going on in the world that we do need to know about. What ever happened to our priorities?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

LOL I just want Heidi's body. Paris's money, Lindsey's talent and Nicole's don't know used up all three cells right there.

My mom's comment on the Chelsea Clinton marriage coverage was that they have been "shacked up" for so long, why does it even matter at this point that they're getting married.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    My mom's comment on the Chelsea Clinton marriage coverage was that they have been "shacked up" for so long, why does it even matter at this point that they're getting married.
    I guess that is how I feel, too. My generation I guess - and my old fashioned values. As for Chelsea Clinton's wedding, I found it interesting the first few times but I am tired of it. After the wedding, I am sure I will enjoy any pictures etc. I don't like having to pay for Secret Service protection though. I think she could have just had a pretty and private wedding and get on with her life.

Go bristol, go bristol, go bristol.

I find myself much amused sometimes when a news site has a poll up about one of these "pressing issues" like "Should Bristol Palin get her own reality show" and the choices are "yes" and "no" but there's no "Who the heck cares?"

Whether a certain "star" gets a haircut or new boyfriend or divorced or married for the nth time really doesn't concern me, you know?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Someone who isn't stoned, is sober and has more than three functioning brain cells?
    You beat me to it! ROTF!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    I guess that is how I feel, too. My generation I guess - and my old fashioned values. As for Chelsea Clinton's wedding, I found it interesting the first few times but I am tired of it. After the wedding, I am sure I will enjoy any pictures etc. I don't like having to pay for Secret Service protection though. I think she could have just had a pretty and private wedding and get on with her life.
    There are pictures at both the Washington Post and NY Times. Her dress is lovely.

Can we start a pool on how long before the divorce? I got $50 on 6 months. Any takers?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

The Life That I Have

The life that I have
    Is all that I have
    And the life that I have
    Is yours

The love that I have
    Of the life that I have
    Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have
    A rest I shall have
    Yet death will be but a pause
    For the peace of my years
    In the long green grass
    Will be yours and yours and yours.

Leo Marks

One thing I can care less about is this wedding but the thing I hate most is the coverage of 'Snookie' from the Jersey Shore show going to jail. Sorry, but I can give two craps. If it were ANYONE else, they wouldn't be on the news. I don't care.

Snookie for Pres 2012!! She cant be any worse.

I think that might make a good sig.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.