Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there another cat in MY yard?

Is there another cat in MY yard?

Fister was down the other day, and the first thing he does is to check if the stray is there. She lives in the other end, in a shed (that’s another story). I saw them a few weeks ago sitting right opposite each other - she was hissing, Fister ignored her and I was worried! Yesterday when he was on his way out the downstairs door, she sat right outside. I quickly shooed him in!

It has been quite hot lately, so I have let him stay in the yard for most of the day. He is mostly sitting in the middle of “his” flower bed, just watching or sleeping. Last week he got to say hi to two new cats... a young couple moved in, they have two white shorthaired cats with brown/black spots, 8 months old. They have them on a leash and they are beautiful. Will try to get some pictures of them.

I know these two pics are very similar, but I could not decide which, so I’ll post both.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hi handsome! Your tail has a more elegant angle in the second photo.
    Glad you have been enjoying your garden in the good weather, but the stray needs her little shelter there too, sweetie. Could you just ignore her maybe? Or be nice to her?

Hello Handsome! Love seeing your orangie face! Smooches!

Fister you are just as handsome as ever!!! Have your mommy give you a kiss or a few thousand from me, ok?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's FISTER!!!! Hello Handsome boy! Been keeping tabs on your garden, I hear. Important Job!

Is the shed kitty fixed? So funny she sees Fister as a threat, and he has no interest, lol.

I think the 2d photo is better. Can see all his tail (from one pic to the other it was in motion!) and both ears are facing forwards. He is looking good!

Fister certainly is looking in good health and is still quite a Handsome Cat, especially for A Senior Kitty-Zen.
    Thats nice that he has Friends to talk to, and he can be a Mentor and lecture them from the vantage of his years of experience
    Fister , according to My Lady Cats is still a Bomb!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

That second picture is worth printing out and framing! That is a great shot of him.

Fister, you are as handsome as ever, such a manly looking boy too. Watch that yard, protect your territory but maybe become friends with the new kits on the block so you can have some company or friends. That could be fun for you.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh my he is a handsome kitty.

Hi Fister! It's great to see handsome you again, that's always a big treat. So, there's another kitty in your yard? Maybe she doesn't have purrents who love her or a nice furever home to go to and she's frightened. When you meet your new neighbor kitties, be sure to tell them about PT and how much we would like to meet them too. Sending you tons of scritchies and lovies!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

You sure are a very handsome boy Fister. I also like the second picture better.

Fister you are a real good looking hunk of a cat and I am sure that cat lady only wants to make your acquaintance

Guard Kat = *ON* Duty!!

That second snappie serves notice:
    The Guard Kat is *ON* Duty ... Trespass with Caution!!

Fister does love his yard, but he would rather have it to himself, I think - although he did get along well with Pjevs when he lived there, except for chasing him out through the gate one time when he was two years old. Oh yes, in his younger days, he could be a bit of a bully.

Next week, workmen will be digging up the whole yard and I’m sure Fister will not like that! He will most likely sit in the window and superwise the work. LOL! So, I’ll let him down as much as I can until they start.

The stray who lives in the tool shed had four kittens around Easter, now she is pregnant again and about to burst. No wonder she was hissing at Fister.

She goes somewhere else to give birth, probably a school across the road. A few of us have searched but haven’t found them. I did see her in the churchyard last week, not far from John's grave. Will go and look for her there, again.

I called the shelter and also wrote to them last December and arranged to have her and her kittens trapped. Unfortunately, it’s kill shelter, so if the kittens are not socialized, they will be put to sleep, otherwise they will try to find homes for them. They did find homes for a few.

The shelter lady has been coming every few weeks to try to trap them, and only a few days ago she got the last “Easter” kitten. She claims it’s impossible to trap the mom. All I want is to have her sterilized and she could live in our yard with no problem. The thing is, it has been decided at a board-meeting that it’s not allowed to have cats (or dogs) in the yard.

Wish I had the money to open a no kill shelter.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sad story of the momma cat. I hope she can hang out around the grave
    yard area while the yard is being dug up. Strays have such a hard life.

Fister is looking as handsome as ever. Ever the "watch cat" for HIS yard.
    Be nice to the ladies Fister.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good morning, handsome Fister! Could you please have mum give you some hugs from me? You are orange and beautiful! I like your tail in the second picture.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 08-02-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678