Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When would you live?

When would you live?

I have often thought about living in another time. As many of you know I love English history especially the medieval ages time of Henry V111 and Anne Boleyn and their daughter Elizabeth 1. But I wouldn't want to live in that time.
    I guess if I could pick a time to be born I would like to pick the future. Say 50 to 100 years from now.
    Hopefully cancer, diabetes and many other diseases are able to be cured easily or gone.
    We no longer eat meat and are kinder and more respectful to animals of all kinds.
    So when would you like to be born?

In the mid 1850's.
    I think that time in Australia would have been kinda cool.

Ancient Rome, in the time of Marcus Tullius Cicero.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I'm happy right where I am I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else. I willtake the good with the bad because even in the future or the past there was lots of bad and lots of good.

ALTHOUGH I do have a soft spot for old timey small town feel of the 50's and such but there is also a lot of bad that goes with it.

I guess I just want the old timey small town feel today. the community feel, everyone knows everyone. we don't have it so bad where we are. other than one set of neighbors we have pretty good friends with the neighbors so I really like that

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

If it wasn't for the fact that women had virtually no rights, I'd live during Tudor times. As Marigold said, the time of Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII is fascinating to me, Anne Boleyn being my favorite historical character. Either then or during Victorian times but women didn't have it much better then either. I just love Victoriana, the clothing, the furnishings, etc. The Victorians had such a love of beauty; they were so lavish w/their decor. Perhaps I would be a single woman then. It was after a woman got married that she ended up losing her rights. Her fortune went to her husband, even her children were lost to her should she divorce.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I, for the first time, have absolutely no response. I just don't know what to say. It's something to ponder, though.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I, for the first time, have absolutely no response. I just don't know what to say. It's something to ponder, though.
    WOW!!! That's a first! Just joking Donna.............

I love my life here and now, and wouldn't want to go back in time, or forward to the future. There's good and bad in every era, and for the most part, I'm happy living in this one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    How about 60 years ago ???
    I could be Tarzan, you could be Jane, and Mel Gibson could be the chimp.

LOL Wom!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I was born and grew up during one of the best times for the family. I'm not to fond of where we have arrived today. I've often wondered where I would be today if only I had ............. ? After much reflection, I wouldn't try to change anything, because I'm sure I would make the wrong choice and screw things up more than they are.

The best thing i can do is except life as it is and try to grow old(ER) gracefully. Looking back over my life I have had a full productive life and can't imagine things being better at any other time in history or in the future.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Me? I'd pick the the 1950's! They had the coolest music, I could FINALLY afford to buy a '57 Chevy, (well maybe not if the rates were adjusted!)' all of the cool cars, all of the neat '50s tv shows, and life generally relaxed. I'd like it there!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    I was born and grew up during one of the best times for the family. I'm not to fond of where we have arrived today. I've often wondered where I would be today if only I had ............. ? After much reflection, I wouldn't try to change anything, because I'm sure I would make the wrong choice and screw things up more than they are.

The best thing i can do is except life as it is and try to grow old(ER) gracefully. Looking back over my life I have had a full productive life and can't imagine things being better at any other time in history or in the future.
    You said it much more eloquently than I did........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

When would I live? Preferably born around 1765 in either Boston, MA or Phila. PA.

Old enough to see and understand the Revolution, and in the thick of the industrial revolution in the early 1800s.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I would like to see the future, 100 years - 300 years into the future, but I don't know about living there. With all the threats facing the planet, who know if I'd actually be "living" anyway. But I do like this era, this one is fine with me. Like everyone else said there's good and bad in every page of history, this one is by no means perfect but I feel lucky to be living now anyway.

Either pre-Celtic times in what is now Ireland (along the shores of Lough Gur, perhaps? Or in the hills of Wicklow) or as a flapper in the 1920s!!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain