Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Japser UPDATE 10-17-2010 new photos

Japser UPDATE 10-17-2010 new photos

I have an update about Jasper.

He went to the vet for a simple yearly checkup, didnt even need vaccines or anything this time, and the vet fould his left hind leg, from the hick joint down, to be swollen.

Totally an unexpected problem as I had clipped his nailw within the past week and did not notice a thing wrong.

So we did all the right things......x-ray, blood work, round of antibiotics, would have gone on to an antiimflammatory drug, but he is already on Prednisone.

Bone looks fine, blood work normal/good, no change after antibiotics. nothing.

His foot does not hinder him, he does not limp, but I think if has gotten a little more swollen in the past week. (vet saw him 1 week ago AND 2 weeks ago)

The vet says we "could" do a biopsy, but it is not in an area to amputate. And at 12 years old, exactly HOW aggressive of a treatment would I wish to put him through? If it WERE cancerous, for example, how would we know that it has not already spread to other internal organs.

I guess what I need are many prayers that will keep Jasper with me for a long time yet.
    Last edited by jenluckenbach; 10-17-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this. I sure hope that it's not cancer. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Poor Jasper, I hope that it is nothing invasive like cancer! How odd for his little foot to be swollen though.

Prayers and thoughts going up from me to you and Jasper. Get better soon Jasper!

I pray that Jasper just has an elderly creature's ailment, something pre-arthritic, and that he will be with you for a long time!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh goodness, of course prayers are going up right now. We're praying that Jasper will heal quickly and easily and that he'll be w/you for a loooong time, Jen.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Awww, prayers that it is nothing serious, and will go away. It's good that it doesn't seem to bother him at all.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers going up for dear Jasper. I do hope that it is nothing serious!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

How's Jasper doing? Has any of the swelling gone down?

The swelling in Jasper's foot is no better. Might even be slightly more. Hard to judge. But he is still doing fine, no limping or pain.

I hate not knowing.

Jaspers foot is now not only swollen, but has a growth (like a raspberry, but hard) on it....and it had opened enough to bleed. I have no clue if there is anything that can be done for him.

I will take him in for the vet to have a look at this new developement, but I am not overly hopeful.

he still appears to be in good spirits, but maybe just a little more subdued than usual. No obvious pain.

Just thought I'd update.

Poor sweetie. {hug!} Jen, I'm scared to even wish for your level of courage - I can't imagine what it would be like to want to stand by so many little ones in so much difficulty.

Love, Columbine

Prayers that Jasper's swollen foot can be easily treated!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully your vet will be able to help him. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Oh poor boy. Of course, prayers are going up right now for Jasper. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Seems I missed this one first go around.

Prayers for Jasper, for the vet to figure this out, for it to be something healable. Prayers for you as well, I know how we worry when the furkids have an issue.