Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do? Updated, more information

oh my gosh i am so very sorry that you are having to deal with this traumatic decision after the very sad loss of you mother, as if that is not enough for you all to deal with, thank you for taking the time here to explain all to us, i really feel for you so much and i can only say i trust you will do what is the best thing for the kitties, knowing how much your mother loved them,and you loved your mother ensures only the best will be done for them , i wish you all the best and i certainly understand what a difficult decision you have ahead of you, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thank you Donnis for posting the correct story about your Mom's fur kids.. Like I told you, those meds I am on have really screwed up my head and whole system. One more day and I am through with those and hopefully that will clear up. I am SO looking forwards to that appointment with your ENT today! I will change the thread to read "updated" so maybe others will read your post.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Seeing how hard and how much my Boo has grieved since his Pidge passed away, I can't imagine separating these two cats if they're so close. Their health may not be the best but if it's manageable, I can't see having either one PTS. There are people who will take in only elderly cats to give them a good life in their last days. If I ever take in more cats, that's what I'll do instead of always taking in special needs cats. I would explain the situation as briefly but as completely as possible in a plea to rescue agencies and see if it doesn't touch the heart of someone who is willing to open their home to them. This is so sad and I'm so sorry that you're going through this. The best of all good things are due you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I wish I could help out but I have a full house. I will however post this on a site and hope that maybe someone would be willing to take these 2 in.

I'm sorry to her about your mom passing and your kitty. It's never easy, as they say just take one day at a time and it usually gets easier, it takes a long time.

My thoughts and prays are with you,
    Melissa

Donnis, thank you for your post. How devastating to lose your furbaby, and then your Mom - I can barely imagine it, and for you all to keep the kitties first and foremost is a tribute to your great heart in spite of grief.

Did the kitties have a vet? Would it be possible to contact the vet and see what they think? They may even know of a home. (Not a bad idea to contact all vets in the area).

Prayers and peace to you and your family, and I wish you all the luck with those dear cats.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Donnis, thank you for your update post. I know you and your family are grieving and I'm sorry for your losses. My heart goes out to you.

As I said to Laura, I know there are organizations to specialize in this issue. I looked on line, and all references pointed to contacting your local SPCA. Please do so - they may be able to help. Prayers for all of you.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

You might try == The Home for Life Animal Sanctuary of St. Croix Valley..

web site = www.hflanimalsanctuary.org

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I read about this place before, called the PurrEver Ranch, it's in TN.

Here is their link. They specialize in Senior Kittizens!!!

I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time right now - what with grieving for your mother and worrying about her precious kitties.

I just have one question for you to consider -

Are they really a close, bonded pair of cats - or have they simply grown up together? (thinking of my own cats, our female wouldn't lose a night's sleep if the two boys vanished tomorrow and she became an only cat).

Sorry I don't have any more ideas - but if given the hard choice with the limited options - I would lean towards the option of each cat going to a separate home.

These are not the droids you were looking for

PurrEver ranch is on Facebook too!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I sometimes think about Kit-Kat and possibly taking her back. But I live in a 2room apartment and with 5 cats already, it's a little cramped. Right now, they all know what the pecking order is in my house and I don't want to disrupt it.
    Oooh! Someone else in a 2-room apartment with 5 cats already!

I'm starting to think about taking another, probably special-needs baby..

I wish i could say I'd help and take these two elderly kitties. I hope the right place can be found for them together.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Laura, any word on what happened to these two older felines?? I hope they tried Purrever Ranch.

This advice may come a little late, but I would love to see if one of the family members wouldn't consider giving up ONE ROOM in their home for the 2 cats to stay together. With all the changes that are in store for them, having a small space would actually be MORE comforting than a whole new home, new peop,e, new "pet siblings". The 2 kitties could stay together, safe from the dogs (that may or may not stress them), and all older kitties want is a safe place to snooze, food and a minimal amount of attention.

If no one is willing to do this for their beloved late mom, then I would say go with the seperate housing. At least give them the opportunity to adjust.

As the pet talkers here know, I recently took in a 17 year old Persian, one who never lived with other cats, was matted and skinny to the point of neglect, and yet she is flourishing. don't count those cats out yet, many are instinctively survivors.

Best of luck.