Did anyone miss me? Probably not. But for the odd person who noticed I was gone...here I am!

I've been in Mackinaw City for the past week Seems crazy that I live in Michigan and yet have no memories of Mackinac [I was about 4 the last time I was up there.]

In case you DON'T know what Mackinac Island is....it's a small island near the straits of Mackinac. It's absolutely AMAZING! See, there are no cars allowed on Mackinac Island. Everything is either bikes or horses. There are horse drawn carriages EVERYWHERE. We happened to be up there for the festival of the horse, as well, which meant they were getting appreciation!

I saw Belgians, Percherons, and even the odd Haflinger. My family and I went on a 2 hour long horse drawn carriage tour of the island [the whole thing is like, 7 miles wide or something.] It's so CUTE! Sure, the whole thing smells of horse poop. Sure, there are rivers of horse pee running down the sides of the road...it was so neat to be there! It's truly kind of magical.

We also visited Fort Mackinac and Colonial Michilimackinac, which were two ooooold forts [Michilimackinac I believe was founded in 1715?]. It was insanely cool.

And now...pictures.

Mackinac Island [this was my view from the restaurant we ate lunch at.]

This was basically what the streets looked like, but much more crowded:

We also went over the Mackinac Bridge. My dad had a panic attack half way over [that suckers like 5 miles long, lol] but we made it into the UP

Where we went to the Soo Locks in Sault Ste Marie

more pictures in the next post...