Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Time again for some Catmobile fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    "The new BFF's Sophie and Chels are taking good care of the babies (while showing them how to shop!). We'll be back in the States on Friday for Angel's b'day party ..."
    (Shhhhh!!!! We're shopping for Angel's birthday!! Don't ruin the surprise!!)
    Sophie
    astrid

I understand that our kitties decided to do the Royal Mile in an unusual way today - from Holyrood at the bottom all the way up to the castle at the top - well they are cats. They shopped all the way! When I asked what they bought, I was told "don't ask!"

Apparently Angel, Chip and Chuck were diverted into the Museum of Childhood by Sophie and Chels while the rest of the kitties shopped for birthday presents for Friday's big party.

Then they went round a couple of art galleries on their way down to Princes Street Gardens. Groucho wanted to see the Floral Clock that his meowmie had told him about, so they had arranged for caterers from a local delicatessen to serve a fabulous picnic in the gardens. Are these kitties good to themselves or what???

I understand that after suitably refreshing themselves, they headed back up to the Castle esplanade for tonight's tattoo. I told Jessica to make sure little Chip and Chuck were well back and couldn't run onto the parade ground for ... any reason.

Goodness knows what they have in store for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Killearn Kitties; 08-31-2010 at 03:34 AM. Reason: typo

Sounds like my kids are having a grand time. I thank all the bigger kits for watching after them.

Winnie, Chester, Grandma and I are busy getting ready for the party. Chester has been having fun with the helium balloons. You should hear how funny he sounds.

We will have lots of goodies and treats and fun. The kits are more than welcome to spend the weekend or however long they want to stay. My kits can show them our fort. I think our heat wave is to break Friday so it won't be so awfully hot for an outdoor outing should they want to see it.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Got a message from Groucho a short while ago. He said Edinburgh Castle is awesome! The kitties took a guided tour and they agreed the big hall would be the purrfect place for one of their parties. The guide let them try on the armor and they had a blast pretending to be knights. The climb up to one of the turrets was a workout but he said the view was well worth the effort. A few of them went up Walter Scott's Monument and were very impressed with the size of Prince's Park. The kitties relaxed by the floral clock and enjoyed a traditional Scottish feast, the haggis was a huge hit! After all their walking and climbing they were happy to have time for a nap by the floral clock before going to the Tattoo.

Several kitties found kitty collars with their clan tartan at one of the tartan shops along the Royal Mile. Sydney, Ming, and Bob have decided to take bagpipe lessons! All the kitties were surprised to learn that in Scotland only the men wear kilts. Groucho said the Killearn lassies are excellent tour guides and tomorrow they all will take a ride on a double decker bus for a tour of Edinburgh.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

So where are Merlin and Sparkler????
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

From the Princess:

The tartan collars are sooooo cute - Sophie and I got ours to match except mine has rhinestones and hers has pearls.
    Today we're going to visit Nessie at Loch Ness (the Killearn kitties swear they know her) and have a sunset dinner cruise around the lake. I heard something about creamed herring.....
    Tell MOFF the boys are being sorta good....
    xox Chels
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Quote Originally Posted by dehlers43 View Post
    From the Princess:

Tell MOFF the boys are being sorta good....
    xox Chels
    Oh, Oh, Should I be worried? Maybe I should check and see what sort of damage my insurance covers in other countries!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    So where are Merlin and Sparkler????
    Last seen boarding a train for Gretna Green. Oh, you don't think ...

Fister says, if everyone are going to the festival in Scotland, he simply has to be there! He was so envious last year when he heard me talk about how beautiful Scotland is, and he would really like to meet his kitty friends again. So I booked him a flight and he already got his boarding pass. I hope someone will meet him and show him the way.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Fister says, if everyone are going to the festival in Scotland, he simply has to be there! He was so envious last year when he heard me talk about how beautiful Scotland is, and he would really like to meet his kitty friends again. So I booked him a flight and he already got his boarding pass. I hope someone will meet him and show him the way.

A priority message was sent to Groucho and Pinot to be sure and meet up with Fister. Does Fister have his cell phone with him? Pinot responded saying they need to know where and when to meet Fister. Then Pinot mumbled something about stopping at one of those ultra-yummy bakeries along the way.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm relieved to hear that Groucho and Pinot will be there to welcome him. I don't like him to out on his own late, but he insisted to get the first available flight. So he will be landing very early in the morning and will give them a call as soon as he's on the ground.

He is also looking forward to try haggis, and he asked me: "Do you think they serve it raw"? I said, they might, but please don't bring any back!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Got home yesterday to a message from Merlin but I couldn't understand it. His Scottish brogue was so strong. All I could decipher was "bagpipes" and "white dress"
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

From the Catberry Mobile...

"Got Fister, he's fine, slept on the way. Late night flight tonight for all to Kansas. Merlin & Sparkler fine. Party continues! Pinot"
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    From the Catberry Mobile...

"Got Fister, he's fine, slept on the way. Late night flight tonight for all to Kansas. Merlin & Sparkler fine. Party continues! Pinot"
    Our special bus driver will be waitng to bring them all from the air port to my house. The big kids are in overdrive decorating and helping get things ready! We are all so excited.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

text from Cassie:

Hi Meowm
    When we goez to Kansas we might getz to havez barbecue
    And you iznt ha haa
    Lubz
    Cassie

ps Scotland was very beautiful
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678