Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sept 5, 2010 - Labor Day weekend Findlay OHIO

Wonderful pictures everyone. Thanks for sharing.

Robilee you got some fabulous pictures! That one of Keegan is great, and of Tucker, and so are many of the others. It's not as fun as being there, but sometimes it's as close as the rest of us can get!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for sharing all the pictures; they are so good ands it is lovely to see everyone getting together! Wish I could have been there!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Fantastic pictures everyone!!!

WOW - I sure wish I lived closer!!

Phred - thoughts and hugs coming your way from DownUnder !!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Thanks for all of the pictures everybody!! Not quite as good as being there, but it'll tide me over until next Memorial Day

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Some more great pictures! Amy I'm surprised you seen that eagle...cool!

Robin, I liked the "don't look Blitz" picture LOL! I'm also surprised you got a picture of me "not" on the ground loving on the dogs! It's pretty much my favorite thing to do at the the dog park I think sometimes I ignore the people though

Goldenlover, I'm glad that Kody is doing alright Hope you'll be able to join us again!

Monica, I hope you didn't have to study too much when you got home!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Anna, I thought you were going to say - I'm surprised you didn't get a pic of me on my butt after the fight!!! I didn't know who to grab you or one of the dogs. I didn't want you to get hurt or step on you - but I didn't want to get accidently bit either. So I just sprayed water! not very well but I tried.

To the lady who wasn't a PT member that I sprayed and was pi$$y about it - if it was YOU'RE golden - you would have been singing a different tune. Its water, not bleach. get.over.it!

Amy and Anna - tell Mark and Ralph and Bon and Roxey and Cincy we missed them!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Lol, no I didn't have to study too much. Lol But it looks like I missed out on all the fun. >.> NOT.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    Anna, I thought you were going to say - I'm surprised you didn't get a pic of me on my butt after the fight!!! I didn't know who to grab you or one of the dogs. I didn't want you to get hurt or step on you - but I didn't want to get accidently bit either. So I just sprayed water! not very well but I tried.

Amy and Anna - tell Mark and Ralph and Bon and Roxey and Cincy we missed them!
    LOL Staci, my back is just now feeling better! I'm glad no one got a picture of that
    I'll let them know they were missed!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    Lol, no I didn't have to study too much. Lol But it looks like I missed out on all the fun. >.> NOT.
    Yeah, Monica. I sure wish I woulda left before all that went down! :-P

Of course, that dog might have got ahold of a smaller dog then. At least Kody was one of the bigger ones and the attacker didn't do too much damage. Can you imagine it if would have been a little dog the mean one got ahold of? :-(

All of my kids have paws

Check out my puppy blog: http://www.blogger.com/profile/03459239028021586699

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenLover View Post
    Yeah, Monica. I sure wish I woulda left before all that went down! :-P

Of course, that dog might have got ahold of a smaller dog then. At least Kody was one of the bigger ones and the attacker didn't do too much damage. Can you imagine it if would have been a little dog the mean one got ahold of? :-(

I am so sorry that happened to your pup. We have been there a few times and never dreamed someone would come there with a dog that aggressive. Where the park people told about the incident?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lightbulb

Yes, all the dog bites that happen at the park are required to be reported. So once I left, I called to report that it had happened. The park ranger needed all sorts of info about the other party, who had of course ran out of there the moment he saw blood. I didn't get a license plate or anything, which they wanted. I was like "Sorry, I was busy sopping up my dog's bloody mouth with a towel to think about that". lol. What's he think I'm gonna do- leave my dog to bleed while I race after the fleeing suspect? Geesh!
    I go to the dog park just about every day- sometimes every other. So I hope the guy comes back eventually. I saw a black lab mix yesterday there named Buddy, but he had white on him and I don't think the dog that got Kody had any white on him. You better believe that this time, when I see him, I will get the info they wanted (providing of course, his dog isn't attacking another dog at the time). :-(

On another note, I was there yesterday and the owner of a Siberian Huskey pup came up and we were chatting. He said that earlier, there had been another dog there attacking every dog he came across and his owner just kept letting him do it. I asked if he were a black lab named Buddy and he said no. Then I named off another white Sib Huskey mix that comes around alot who also does that and he said no, it was a different type of dog. So my question to those people is this: If you have a nasty dog that doesn't like other dogs, WHY do you insist on bringing them to the dog park to use everyone else's dogs as chew toys??? Makes me so mad! If your dog isn't friendly with other dogs, take them on a walk alone. Go somewhere where interaction with other dogs isn't likely. Don't bring them into a leash-less dog park and leave them basically unattended with the 20+ other dogs that are there. Yet the same people, with the same unsocialized nasty dogs come out day after day. Makes me wanna find another dog park- but I'm sure they all have that problem to some extent. Ok, rant over. ;-)

All of my kids have paws

Check out my puppy blog: http://www.blogger.com/profile/03459239028021586699

I've been to quite a few and haven't really had this problem. Findlay has been getting progressively worse and I am sick of it. Don't worry, we will find a new one. I'm sick of Shadow, the one who head butts and chest bumps Delta to the ground and then grabs her neck and holds her on the ground. That dog needs to learn some new play skills. I'm usually decently lenient but that makes me extremely angry.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I called and left a message at the ranger station and &itched about the park not being all the way open and the fact we don't have to pay for it anymore that anyone can bring aggressive dogs out there without their shots. Paying the $10 a year kept the unresponsible pet owners out.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    I called and left a message at the ranger station and &itched about the park not being all the way open and the fact we don't have to pay for it anymore that anyone can bring aggressive dogs out there without their shots. Paying the $10 a year kept the unresponsible pet owners out.

You're right. It would keep this unresponsible pet owner away.