Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrist Ganglion Cyst... I haz one.. :(

Wrist Ganglion Cyst... I haz one.. :(

like a month ago my wrist hurt for a bit... I thought I bumped or something.. then a lil lump appeared.. and I was sure then I had indeed bumped and that was the "bruise" without the color..

well.. still today I have it.. I started getting worried as it didn´t swollen down.. not that big either but it does hurt when I bend my hand either way (up-down)..

this past sunday I was told it was a cyst.. I got reaaaaally worried then, considering my state... but the I went to the universal pedia (google)..lol... and look for it..

it said it normal.. nothing really specific triggers it.. but most likely a rupture or something and fluid accumulates, hence the lump, and since it´s in a movable section.. the more it moves the more fluid gets in.. I mean in a constant way not like unstoppable inflation.. lol..

it won´t go away, but it might, you can get it aspirated or surgically removed.. but since the only con is that it hurts when you apply pressure many let it be...

it sucks.. doesn´t hurt a whole lot but sure is annoying and I hate seeing it.. lol.. I sure wish mine was one that out of the blue went away.. soon..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I had one surgically removed years ago, as it was interfering with certain hand movements. Just an annoyance, and the surgery was no big deal.
    I've Been Frosted

Old wives treatment - hit it with a book.

I have had several through the years, and most of them disappeared after a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Old wives treatment - hit it with a book.

I have had several through the years, and most of them disappeared after a period of time.
    I was told that by a doc, but he said "It's a fine line between hitting it hard enough to break up the cyst, and hitting so hard you break some of the fine bones in your hand ... and as I make my living with my hands - my right hand specifically, I went with the surgery rather than take the risk!
    I've Been Frosted

lol.. I too read about the book thing.. sounds interesting.. but perhaps more painful..

mine is on my left hand so I could go to town with the book.. but wouldn´t want to hurt it more than helping it go away...

anyway.. I might hold off till baby arrives to get that and another thing done at same time... seems like I´m growing stuff all over.. lol..
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

I haz one too and it hurtz a lot - sometimez I wish I could just thwap it with a book to make it go away. I need a steroid injection but I am stalling because I don't want to miss work.

Edited to add: it's in the bend of my right wrist and I'm right-handed.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 07-21-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I had one removed when I was 18(400 years ago ). It only hurt when I first got it but eventually didn't hurt at all. The scar I have is in the folds of my wrist and invisible. I understand they have "fingers" that can wrap around veins, capillaries, etc. That would probably cause more discomfort. Good luck with it!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post

it won´t go away, but it might, you can get it aspirated or surgically removed.. but since the only con is that it hurts when you apply pressure many let it be...
    I have one on my left wrist. It "sprouted" when I was just a kid. I had it aspirated in June 1990... and again had it surgically removed in August 2000. It's back again. Because it grew in around the tendons of my hand, it can be quite painful at times... and since I do data entry for my job, it can really flare up often.

Hope yours doesn't get like mine.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I have one on my left wrist. It "sprouted" when I was just a kid. I had it aspirated in June 1990... and again had it surgically removed in August 2000. It's back again. Because it grew in around the tendons of my hand, it can be quite painful at times... and since I do data entry for my job, it can really flare up often.

Hope yours doesn't get like mine.
    That's why I had mine removed, so the 'sac' would not be there to just refill with fluid again. I have a little scar on my hand, but it never came back, and it has been 20+ years, so I think I am safe!
    I've Been Frosted

I had one on my wrist several years ago...appeared after three weeks of tons of typing at work!

The doc I saw said it could be removed, but that it would likely go away on its own.

I don't know when it happened - but one day I looked and it wasn't there any more!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    That's why I had mine removed, so the 'sac' would not be there to just refill with fluid again. I have a little scar on my hand, but it never came back, and it has been 20+ years, so I think I am safe!
    After the aspiration and then the surgery 10 years later ... I just don't think I want to do anything else with it. I have still got the name of my hand surgeon in my address book, just in case I decide to have it removed again!

(They said having it surgically removed would give me a 90% chance of it staying gone - but my body grows cysts and tumors... so of course it came back!)

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

not that I´m glad many of you have/had them.. but sure now I don´t feel odd about having one..

in a way is nice to hear your troubles, outcomes and ways to get rid of em or not... gives me more of a wide panorama of the situation.. thanks for your inputs

hopefully mine decides to go away..lol.. I wish...

if not I´ll have to wait till end of year.. so hopefully that´s plenty of time for it to get bored and leave

notes-to-my-husband blog

I've had one on my left wrist since 1991. At work one day I accidently hit it on the edge of a desk. It hurt for a long time. Now it doesn't hurt or bother my wrist movement. Sometimes it is smooth and other times(like now) it looks like a bone sticking up.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Isabele I would ask your doctor about it - since you are pregant.. You dont want problems with holding & handling the new baby.. Its better to be on the safe side..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Isabele I would ask your doctor about it - since you are pregant.. You dont want problems with holding & handling the new baby.. Its better to be on the safe side..
    thanks.. already did .. that´s why any procedure gets to be put off till after...

it doesn´t bothers me that much.. it´s more like a sore muscle type pain.. and the bone sticking out description fits to a t.. lol.. I guess that´s why it annoys me the most.. seeing it like if it want to pop out..

nonetheless I´ll get a 2nd opinion from my gyn..

notes-to-my-husband blog