Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marbles the chewer

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    She's still not normal. I think I will vet her tomorrow. She's eating a little bit with the appetite stimulant, but nothing like her normal appetite. She is having bowel movements, but again they are not normal poops - either constipation balls (as the vet called them) or soft logs which I know is a result of the Laxatone.

She seems to be in pain this morning as she mewed when I tried to brush her. And then, of course, she gets a bout of normal zoomies and bites - she is so baffling! I wish they could talk.

Please continue prayers as I think she needs them right now. My poor little bean.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I'm so sorry to hear that Marbles is still not her normal self. I saw your post about it on FB and I also commented there. I hope that the vet can find out what's going on with her and help her feel better. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please keep us updated about her.

Ziggy was also feeling poorly and she was having signs of her mild pancreatitis again like last summer due to stress from her 2 new brothers. I had to take her in yesterday morning and now she's feeling so much better. They gave her sub-q fluids, liquid pepcid, a vitamin B12 shot, and cerenia for vomiting. I also have some Buprenex for pain as needed. I'm giving all of these to her except for the viatmin B12 shot for the next 3 days. So far so good.

I would still ask about giving her a vitamin B12 shot. This helps with appetite. I also asked if it stung while being given and the vet tech said no. The cerenia does sting though so I have to wait a bit before I inject it into the port of the sub-q fluids line. Yes, I sure wish that our animals could tell us exactly what's wrong with them. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Well yesterday she pooped a LOT! I was surprised that so much poop could come out of such a little cat. I think the Laxatone was working overtime because then it became diarrhea and after laying flat for a few hours - nothing is flatter than a kitty who is hurting - she bounced up, started eating and playing as if nothing had happened.

This morning she was bouncy - not her usually 1,000% bouncy self, but she was bouncing and eating and then had more diarrhea.

I'm not going to give her any more Laxatone for a while. She didn't seem to be in pain or as unhappy as last night so I left her undisturbed, but will have the vet check her this weekend when I'm not so stressed with the insanity of work. We're SO busy!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Woo Hoo that is great news of her pooping && her feeling better to be bouncy.. Marbles lets get well soon ok.. I am sure the Vet visit will go well & Marbles will be bouncing off the ceiling soon.. Keep us posted ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I hope that everything continues to go well with Marbles and that she'll check out just fine at the vets. Maybe she was just so backed up that her tummy was hurting. Once she was able to let more of it out this helped relieve her poor widdle tummy. I hope she continues to feel much better. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

She still had soft stool yesterday and this morning. She ate some Evo dry food this morning which made me very happy, but I still have her on the appetitie stimulant. I tried giving her some pumpkin, but she would have NOTHING to do with it. She is the only cat I have ever had who did not like any people food at all.

I'm glad I'm taking her in tomorrow morning. That way if they want to do anything (hopefully not surgery) they will be able to do it tomorrow during the day. Of course paying for it is another thing as I'm strapped and this vet is known to order expensive tests and treatments. I always have to talk her down into reasonableness.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

I sure hope that the vet can find out what's going on with her and help her feel better soon. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Please continue to keep us updated about her.

A good check-up

Ms. Marbles seems to have turned a corner. Her weight is up to 8.9 lbs. and the vet said she doesn't need to gain anymore weight - although she's still my long-legged gangly Twiggy girl.

No more Laxatone and I'll stop the Periactin (appetite stimulant) to see where her appetite is now. Hopefully her stools will be more normal now too - they sure smell normal

I think we're done with whatever this was, although now she is sneezing. The vet said to watch that and she will check in with me mid-week.

So she's back to being a bratty pest and her fur is almost back to feeling normal. It's amazing how when they get sick even their fur looks and feels unwell.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

I'm glad to hear that Miss Marbles vet visit went well and that she's going to be okay. Now hopefully her sneezing won't amount to anything. Good luck.