Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

I too posted it on Facebook...I just saw that some of my friends have posted it too! I don't know if they got it from me, or if one of them is one of you!?!

Posted by me as well, I am crying again, Laura-thank you!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

After watching that video it is very hard to compose myself. Thank you, Laura. Two angels in you and Kev.

Jonny is the sweetest boy on earth. He knows he is among friends at the center. After what he's been through I am amazed that he would go near any human but he knows who the good ones are.

This story is all I think about. This story and precious Jonny. I am so sorry to hear he has other issues but with all this help and support I think he will make it through.
    Thanks again to everyone!!!

GET WELL JONNY!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Job well done on the Jonny Walker Story on youtube. You gave it 150% on that video. Thumbs ^^^^ Up ^^^^

I have been following this thread... and every time I come back I am in tears. Laura.... I cannot express to you how much it means that you went to visit Jonny Walker! And then to discover that Kev 68 is YOUR SON!!!!!! Well, even THAT brought tears to my eyes. And the video... he is so adorable!

God bless everyone for their donations, thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Sasha and I have included Jonny Walker in our prayers. We wish we could send money for his care, but at this time we just cannot. We also know that our sweet RB Tabby is watching over Jonny Walker (even though he is a DAWG!) and she and out many other PT RB babies will help him through his difficult recovery.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Wow...Jonny is going to come out of this BETTER than new! He will get his heartworm treated and the other parasites.

He is so loving, that big heart of his will pull him through - along with hundreds of prayers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Small world!! I'm so glad you were able to visit Laura. Thanks so much for the photos and videos. JW sure does love his little human.

I'm so glad to hear he got through the surgery. Now to beat those parasites!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Holy Swiss cheese! I just now had the time to read through this whole thread and I am overwhelmed. Jonny is so precious. Laura, please give kev68 a hug from me - what a great guy! Payday is (wait, looking at calendar) tomorrow! Woohoo! I just have to check with the bank what bills have cleared and then I can chip in a bit.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Amazing..

My heart is broken for Jonny yet filled with inspiration and hope for this handsome boy.

It is so amazing how many wonderful people truely care about JW.

Thanks to all of you that made a difference in this pups life... You have simply changed his world... One at a time.

To those kids that created this firestorm... Shame on you .. One day you will know the true meaning of love and the pain to lose someone close to you... Think back to this day!

Finally, Thanks Deb (Sunny, Moon & Bean's Mom) for cross posting this on Dogster.

I have cried for this innocent pup for 2 days.... Be strong little one...Your life is going to get much better after you get over these few speedbumps.. We will be talking to Trish tomorrow...

God Bless you Jonny
    xoxoxoxox
    Sasha, Dozer, Cheyanne
    & Lucy Kitty

Thank You all

I just wanted to Thank Everyone for their Thoughts, Prayers, Phone Calls on Johnny's behalf, Their Generous donations to Johnny Walker, and time used to get JW's Story out there. If it hadn't been for PT Johnny wouldn't have made it this far. Keep the Prayers and donations coming as JW still need our help.
    A special Thanks to Trish, Dr. David Kergosien, and all the Staff at La. Veterinary Referral Center for their generous donations and support for Johnny Walker, and being so helpful with all the incoming and out going phone calls to update every one.
    Also Special thanks to Science Diet for pledgeing food for Johnny Walker. All they are waiting on is what type of food he needs to be on.
    I don't know if the Staff at La. Veterinary Referral Center had ever took on a case as intense as Johnny's where they had donations coming in from so many different places, but I do applaude them for how they handled this.
    This has been a long 5 days here so I am gonna try and get some sleep tonight. I will be back working hard to get Johnny's Story out there and trying to contact the Sheriff's Office in the Morning to see where they stand in this investagation. God Bless you All and have a good night

Everyone,

I know I failed to give a little background on Jonny. Well when he was abandoned here I remember he was so skinny and you could tell mistreated badly. Well my family and I started feeding him and taking care of him. He was getting better after time. He use to play with our little dog killer. He is a min pin. and the use to have so much fun. My other dog jesse ( basset hound) is to old to play with him but the always got along great. My little sister emily and myself use to go outside and throw the baseball and use to play with him while doing so. Whenever my friends came over he use to join us on the swing set while we talked and he would just want all of our attention. It was great. He is like the perfect animal.
    Then Mr. Kevlin and his family moved here and they bacame a part of Jonny walker's life also. My little sister emily and heather use to go outside and play with him. It was adorable. My aunt kelly's dog lady ( black lab ) and Jonny Walker are the best of friends. They do everything together. From playing to getting all dirty in the stream.
    I use to go walking through the trail by my house and Jonny would follow me and nudge me so I would play with him. I never could resist. He is always so much fun.

He made his way into our hearts very fast! Just from how amazing his personality is. I can't wait to have Jonny back home into my life again. I wish I could be there when he gets home but I can't because of Drill with the National Guard. It might be a little bit long too. I believe I am about to be activated for hurricane relief. I am hoping that thing go right so I can see him.

Well my next big objective is to have these "Attackers" brought to justice for what they have done. I will be talking to some of the military Officers that I know for information on things I can do and hit them with everything I have got.

Once again I want to thank everyone for the support, prayers, love, and compassion. It makes me feel so great! I am glad to be in the Army fighting for people like all of you! You all are the greatest!

Jason Mulvey

count me in on the one of the shocked the kev68 is Laura's son. What a hoot that she didn't even know. lol
    LES looking at the pics -
    what an amazing story.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I just got caught up on all of the posts and I saw the pictures and video. I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that Kev68 is Laura's son.

Laura,thanks for being able to visit him and represent PT and for posting the pictures and video. Major LES. I'm so glad that his surgery went well and hopefully he'll recover quickly and will be able to get rid of his parasites. JW continues to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny-Walker View Post
    I know I failed to give a little background on Jonny. Well when he was abandoned here I remember he was so skinny and you could tell mistreated badly. Well my family and I started feeding him and taking care of him. He was getting better after time. He use to play with our little dog killer. He is a min pin. and the use to have so much fun. My other dog jesse ( basset hound) is to old to play with him but the always got along great. My little sister emily and myself use to go outside and throw the baseball and use to play with him while doing so. Whenever my friends came over he use to join us on the swing set while we talked and he would just want all of our attention. It was great. He is like the perfect animal.
    Then Mr. Kevlin and his family moved here and they bacame a part of Jonny walker's life also. My little sister emily and heather use to go outside and play with him. It was adorable. My aunt kelly's dog lady ( black lab ) and Jonny Walker are the best of friends. They do everything together. From playing to getting all dirty in the stream.
    I use to go walking through the trail by my house and Jonny would follow me and nudge me so I would play with him. I never could resist. He is always so much fun.

He made his way into our hearts very fast! Just from how amazing his personality is. I can't wait to have Jonny back home into my life again. I wish I could be there when he gets home but I can't because of Drill with the National Guard. It might be a little bit long too. I believe I am about to be activated for hurricane relief. I am hoping that thing go right so I can see him.

Well my next big objective is to have these "Attackers" brought to justice for what they have done. I will be talking to some of the military Officers that I know for information on things I can do and hit them with everything I have got.

Once again I want to thank everyone for the support, prayers, love, and compassion. It makes me feel so great! I am glad to be in the Army fighting for people like all of you! You all are the greatest!

Jason Mulvey
    Jason, You have been in my thoughts! Thank you for helping Jonny before he got hurt, during and after.

Johnny Medical Update 2:07 am on 7/23/10

Here is the medical update as of midnight on Thursday. I just got home from work around 1:20 am. I wanted to make sure to get all thank you letters done tonight along with receipts for donations. I brought this to the post office at 1:00 am on my way home from work so that the donors can receive these by Saturday.

I checked in on Johnny before I left right after midnight. I spoke with Dr. Kergosien as he was leaving the hospital around the time that I was (he had other emergency surgeries all evening).

Johnny did fine in surgery today. He has plates placed in his jaws which will remain unless there are problems with them. He is still on IV fluids and he is on injectable pain medication. He is also on IV antibiotics for any signs of infection. His vital signs are within normal limits. He is alert and he was able to eat 1 1/2 cans of pureed food!!! He has water available to him as well. He also wagged his tail this evening which he has not done since he arrived so he must be feeling better or this was also his way of saying "thank you". I will update again on Friday at the end of the day. I sent a group email to all of the donors just now with this same information. There were some donors who I did not have their email addresses and I promised to update everyone on a daily basis. I will continue to do so, including over the weekend.
    We collected approximately $3600 by this evening.

Will keep everyone updated on this site and by personal emails that I have.

Good night. Gotta get some sleep to be back at it in the am!!

Trish
    Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center