Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Local TV news today on his homecoming..

http://www.wbrz.com/player/?video_id...1&categories=1
    Laura,thanks for sharing this news video. He sure looks happy to be home. I also enjoyed seeing his pictures. What a very lucky dog he is to be so loved by everyone. I sure hope he'll continue to do well and will have many more happy and healthy years ahead of him.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thanks for posting the link to the video, Laura, and to Kevlin for posting the pics at home. Jonny certainly does look good, and so happy to be home. It's hard to believe that the poor guy went thru so much trauma, and can still "smile" and wag that tail.
    Prayers for his continued good progress, and hugs and belly rubs from us too!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I love that smile at the end

Aww, he looks so sweet in the first picture posing for everyone!

After exploring his home and saying hello to everyone, I bet he needed a good sleep. You can just tell from the pictures that he feels safe and happy!

I'm glad he doesn't have to have the lamp shade on all the time, and glad to hear he takes his medicine without problems. What a brave boy he is!

Keep getting better, Jonny - and let them all spoil you!

Laura, I cannot view videos from that TV channel.
    Last edited by Randi; 07-31-2010 at 11:59 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks so much Laura, for posting that news report. It's great to see Jonny moving around. I can't get enough of this cutie.
    Keep getting better, Jonny!

I just wanted to chime in here. I did not have the funds to donate any money, but I have been praying like crazy for Jonny. I'm appalled at what happened to him. How could a parent raise a child that is capable of such monstrosities? Well at least they have that on their files (and conscious) forever. I'm so, so pleased that Jonny is doing well and that he is still trusting and happy. What a precious dog! What a huge outpouring of love that sweet pup has dished up!

Wow, I just read almost this whole thread - what an amazing story! JonnyW sure has made a lot of friends thru his ordeal! Will add our prayers for his recovery. Reading about the incident makes my stomach turn - what a cruel & horrible thing to do to an innocent trusting animal. The kid instigating it needs some serious help, this is a deeply disturbing incident.

I'll just ask, since I didn't see one in the 15 or so pages I've skipped thru - is there a post # that shows the address to mail donations to? I had a donation set aside for another canine cause that was holding an auction, but I've been outbid. I would like to send it to Jonny instead.

Thanks!

Yes, Pat - you can send the donation to

Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center
    2611 Florida St
    Mandeville, La 70448
    Phone (985) 626-4862
    reference name "Jonny Walker" of course

and to the attention of Trish.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes View Post
    Wow, I just read almost this whole thread - what an amazing story! JonnyW sure has made a lot of friends thru his ordeal! Will add our prayers for his recovery. Reading about the incident makes my stomach turn - what a cruel & horrible thing to do to an innocent trusting animal. The kid instigating it needs some serious help, this is a deeply disturbing incident.

I'll just ask, since I didn't see one in the 15 or so pages I've skipped thru - is there a post # that shows the address to mail donations to? I had a donation set aside for another canine cause that was holding an auction, but I've been outbid. I would like to send it to Jonny instead.

Thanks!
    Thanks Pat!!

cyber-sibes- Thank you for your donation. Last I heard they were still a little short on his bills being covered and he will need follow up care. Anyone heard a recent update on what is still owed? (if anything)
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 08-01-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Ok, going to add the pictures the LVRC sent Kevlin that they took during his stay there..

During his second surgery

After his surgery

Just eating up some one on one attention showing off his lampshade collar.

This picture has the "AWWWWW factor big time! Shows you what a laid back sweetheart he is!

MORE COMING!>>>>>>

The day of release..

His final exam and home instructions being explained to Kev.

The WBRZ people there to cover his release with one of his doctors.

One of Johnny's care takers saying GoodBye to him and one last hug..
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 08-01-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Sorry I am not posting as much about Jonny but we have been busy. Typical type of weekend around here.
    Of course Jonny is like a big baby LOL wakeing up every 2 hours and yeah you guessed it, When Jonny is up everyone must be up with him . He snores, snorts, and put his paws on you until your up with him. He is just the most amazing pet. Who would have ever thought Jonny would be a great inside pet, after being outside for the last 2 1/2 years that we know of.
    We take him out for a walk and after about 5 mins he is ready to come back in the house. Soon as he comes in its to the water dish then to lay down infront the A/C.
    The cats and Jonny appear to be adjusting well and of course most of the time they are in their own little area of the house. but they do cross paths. When this happends they just look at each other as if they want to properly introduce themself, sometime they do the animal hand shake (the Smelling of the Butt). Which looks funny Dusty haveing to look so High and Jonny looking so low. Keep in mind Dusty has always been the biggest pet in the house and now he feels small.
    But we will post more pictures when thing settle down a little for us. Again Thank you all for making Jonny's next chance for life happen.

Sounds great! And did the vet ever give you an estimate of how old he is? Just curious on that one. I am so glad everyone is getting along, too!
    I've Been Frosted

This is just so wonderful. I'm so glad to hear that JW is home safe and sound.

Bless you all.

Melissa