Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    I just got a call from Trish. He's in surgery now. Aren't they just the nicest folks? Here is their website:

http://www.lavrc.com/
    Woo Hoo!! And yes, they are SUPER nice!

Major thoughts going out to Johnny!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hello all,
    I called and spoke with my mom yesterday and asked if she had seen this thread, she stated that she had and asked why I was intreasted? I told her I am Kev68. You know as you get a little longer that mind slows down She hadn't yet connected the dots. You all know her as Laura's Babies. She had no clue that I was Kev68 until yesterday.
    She is heading home to go post pics and plenty of them were taken. We went to visit Jonny this morning and the visit lasted for about 45mins before they carted him off to surgery. Dr stated Jonny is not out of the woods yet, Possible complications are one we not gonna think cause he is a fighter, the plates not take, Jaw alignment is a little off, and last a possible redo on the surgery.
    Mom told me I could post one pic cause she wanted to surprise all you PTer's with the rest. Video as well. The one I felt meant more to Jonny than anything is the one I chose. It was Jonny viewing the card she made from PetTalk. I know enough already here's the Pic

With more to come, she has the man of the hour (Dr. David Kergosien) with Jonny, Trish with Jonny, and more.
    God Bless You all for your prayers, donations and Phone calls that Ya'll have made on Jonny's Behalf.

That picture is going to produce thousands of tears

thousand and two here...

what a happy "ending".. Iīve followed but hadnīt posted as I was upset about the whole thing and didnīt knew what to say other that was already said..

Iīm so glad Johnny got the help he much needed... I could say Iīm amazed about PTers awesome kindness.. but Iīm not.. all PTers are AWESOME!!!

Trish and the rest of the staff/crew involved as well as the many organizations and donors were spectacular too.. itīs good too see Johnny had his surgery and seems to be doing good.. yay!!

I must add my jaw dropped once I knew Kev is Lauraīs son.. wow.. I did not see that coming..

now hereīs just hoping Johnny heals up nicely without complications and the punks who did this get punished..

get well sweet Johnny!! ...keep on walking
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Kev and Laura??? Well whoda' thunk? What a small world.

You are both obviously from the same mold - and a great one at that. Your caring and compassion just can't even be measured.

Jonny - we're hoping all is going well with your surgery. Come on boy - you have so many people pulling for you. Prayers still coming from the crew here in Delaware.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I had always wondered how the original poster knew to look for help on PT. Maybe Kev told him about it and knew about it from his mom?

In Recovery

Just got the call Jonny is in recovery. The Vet give it about 2hrs and we can all call and get the status. All looks good for now but will not know for sure until Jonny wakes up.

Good to hear, we're looking forward to the updates! Thanks for the picture, too! Looking forward to Laura's account and pictures!
    I've Been Frosted

WHOOO HOOO JW! Keep fighting sweetheart, we LOVE you.I am praying for a speedy recovery. I will see you as soon as I get back home.
    I have a special treat for you when I see you.

Kelly

Kev68

Hi all I am formerly Dusty's People and alot of you will remember me as that. I have been off line for a various reasons. They expand from Surgeries to visions problems. by the time I got back on the net I had lost half the sites I had posted on and have lost user names and passwords. I wanted to post and tell everyone one sooner, but I have busy on the net trying to get Jonny's story out I have e-mailed TV stations, Radio stations, Talk Show Host, and Pet food companies trying to get Jonny's word out.
    I would come in and give updates on Jonny's condition and right back to e-mailing. I witnessed this accack and it haunts me. This has motavatied me to get Jonny's story heard. If I can make it to where on 1 person would have to live with images of this and have this type of attack keep playing over and over again then Jonny's story is out there. I am not going to give up until one of these e-mails work. I want to hear that Jonny's story makes news, so our state can see this is an issue in the state that needs to be addressed.
    Yes I was raised to take part in taking care ALL Animals. Jonny can't speak and say what heppened so I will be his voice in my local area. I have found that everyone on PetTalk is a voice for Jonny as well.

Kev and Laura - how cool!

Glad to hear Jonny made it thru surgery. Prayers that he wakes well and heals perfectly.

All the people involved here....wow....special thanks to the vets and staff at the vet clinic.

Go, Jonny!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That picture definitely brough on the tears here. ADORABLE!!!

It's so funny that Laura didn't recognize Kev68 as her son. But she was probably more focused on Johnny anyway.

Still keeping Johnny Walker in my thoughts for a full recovery! And looking forward to more pictures from Laura.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

From the LVRC Facebook Page:

Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center commented on their photo:

"Johnny Walker is out of surgery and in recovery. The surgery went well and we
    are optimistic that he will have a healthy jaw again soon. The fractures
    required placement of two plates as well as several teeth extractions. "

Just joined PT after following sweet Johnny's story. So glad to read that he has had surgery and is doing better. Sending prayers and healing thoughts to him. Now off to call and make a donation. Get Well Johnny we are rooting for you BIG TIME!!!

ps Moon and Bean this is Wyomings Mom from dogster thanks for letting us know about Johnny

OK folks! I SWEAR!! SWEAR! SWEAR! I had been checking this every day, outraged at what had happened to this dog and it really haunted me and I did NOT know Kev68 was MY Kevlin (former Dusty's People here) (Guess that is why I never connected the dots).. I SWEAR, it was ONLY after he saw my post there on this thread did he call me on the phone and said he had seen my post? " I said something like "Huh? What are you doing there looking at that?".. I think he got a big kick out of my utter shock that this was HIS thread...

You ask how they knew to come here... There was another occasion with 2 cats Lucky & Louie (His neighbors cats)... Lucky was extremely sick so I posted and asked what could be wrong with this cat. His owners had just thrown him out to die and didn't care!.. That was on a Sunday and I left to go to work that Wednesday thinking nothing more of it... PT'ers took that challenge on and donations poured in for him.. He was very, very sick and in the hospital a very long time... He eventually got well and 2 PT'ers adopted them and they were flown to their new forever home with Catfamily.. (Lucky did die about 3 years later but he had the life of a king in his new home) <short version of the story

So, I am not surprised that Kevlin turned where he knew would get help.. THIS amazing place. I was STUNNED to find out HE is the witness and shared owner of the dog.. I can't tell you how much that phone call from him blew me away yesterday with all the information.. I even know one of the kids (that did this) Dad, known him since he was a small child and use to date his Dad. (One of the baseball bat kids Grandad)

Anyway, all I needed to know was I had someone to take me to see JW so I took full advantage of it. Kevlin is the one who arranged for me to go see JM, but AS A PT'er... that is ALL the clinic knew... I am a PT'er. I didn't tell her until we were about ready to leave and I had done my PT bragging, story telling of the wonderful things I have seen happen here, told a few things about some of the people on the card (you guys).. Told a few SBR stories and last, I told her I was Kevlin's mother..

Seeing Johnny is heartbreaking, just thinking what he has been through. I gave him hugs, pats and kisses as instructed. He looked like he was just so tired until he spotted the little girl that is one of his "kids" that we took with us and his tail started wagging, his eyes perked up and he had to walk to her, over and over. In between, he would just have to lay down and rest. Before I left, he was coming to me wagging his tail, wanting me to pet him which was a honor!!

I told him all about you guys, the outpouring of love he has from you, how everyone was pitching in to help him get well and praying for him, sending good thoughts to him and that he was now an official PT doggie! (Thank God my son is like I am so he didn't think I was nuts telling a dog all that!)

I can't tell you how impressed I was with the humans there! Trish, I teased and told her she is Johnny's secretary now.. She laughed and corrected me, saying "I am his Executive Assistant!". How does she have time to do anything else? While we were there, the phone rang a lot and several times I heard the girl tell her "She's not in but you can leave her a message..... Yes, we are still taking donations"... So there are more donations coming in today. We got there waaaay to early and had to wait for Trish to arrive. All I can tell you is she is just the greatest person I have met in a long, long time.. Everybody there was great. The doctor came in and explained everything, spending a lot of time with us making sure we understood what he was planning to do, explained the best case and worst case senerio.

I got LOTS of pictures and a rather long video but that video is giving me fits to upload at Photobucket... gonna have to work on that. Shucks! Until then..
    MEET TRISH!

The amazing doctor who is doing the surgery

And as he was taken to surgery (at this point I almost cried)

Will post more as I upload them so hang on..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!