Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

I AM going tomorrow, arrangements have been made! I will make a list of the hugs and kisses and who they are from and deliver them personally. Hopefull get some pic's to share..
    Please give Jonny as many cuddles and kisses as you can from me, Laura! So happy you're able to go!
    Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

This one has haunted me from day 1... I think because it happened so close to me and he is in a town about 90 minutes away? I have checked every day for updates but not responded until today because I was so moved (and haunted).. IF it is alright with everybody (namely Karen) I will also be representing Pet Talk when I go tomorrow. I think I have been a member long enough that all of you should know I will be at my best in respresenting all of you. We ARE a family of pet lovers and I will be representing that.

I am making notes of the love, hugs and kisses everyone is asking me to take to him....Thinking of making him a card like I did for Katie (the cat) and Phred to leave there for him for all his visitors to see with the well wishes on them from everybody. Could put the Pet Talk logo on it with Karens permission if she will let me. Karen?

Tomorrow I want to represent all of you, SBR and myself as people who care that this has happened to a innocent animal.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

My prays and thoughts are coming to you Jonny and your family. That is so horrible what happened to you and it's not fair. I hope this surgery goes well and I will see what I can do about donating but for the moment I will offer a lot of prays and if Laura could give you some gentle pets for me I'd appreciate that.

Poor thing, you didn't deserve what happened to you and I hope those kids will be held responsible somehow.

My prays,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    This one has haunted me from day 1... I think because it happened so close to me and he is in a town about 90 minutes away? I have checked every day for updates but not responded until today because I was so moved (and haunted).. IF it is alright with everybody (namely Karen) I will also be representing Pet Talk when I go tomorrow. I think I have been a member long enough that all of you should know I will be at my best in respresenting all of you. We ARE a family of pet lovers and I will be representing that.

I am making notes of the love, hugs and kisses everyone is asking me to take to him....Thinking of making him a card like I did for Katie (the cat) and Phred to leave there for him for all his visitors to see with the well wishes on them from everybody. Could put the Pet Talk logo on it with Karens permission if she will let me. Karen?

Tomorrow I want to represent all of you, SBR and myself as people who care that this has happened to a innocent animal.

Laura, you are the best! I'm proud to be your friend

Laura, please give my love to JW tomorrow as well.

I called Trish and made my donation today. At that time (which was about an hour and a half ago) they still needed just over $1500 in order to schedule the surgery. Trish did say she is still going to be calling some rescue groups in the area and some media places as well. She was the nicest lady EVER!!! She told me the whole story about how she found out JW was there and everything.
    I even asked what the surgery was going to consist of and she told me the doctor told her he would have to put metal plates in his jaw. He just fixed another dog with a broken jaw last week and that dog is doing very well. (No, the other dog is not from the same area as Johnny, I asked.)

I know my friend (the one whose cat I watched for months, G) is going to make a donation as well.

I randomly get a visual of this heinous act happening and instantly get sick to my stomach and tears in my eyes. I hope something can be done to ensure this will not happen to another innocent animal in the future by those kids.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev68 View Post

The Sheriff's Office called me this morning ...

I Have to send a special Thank You to Cinder & Smoke for calling
    them this morning which Prompted them to calling me ...
    he stated he has some more investagating to do but he would keep me posted.

As details come from him I will post and let you know.
    Wow! One lil phone call seems to have stirred up a lot of interest!
    I didn't get to talk to the assigned Investigator (Det. Ouber) because he was
    out on cases; but the VERY Friendly Detictives' Secretary was personally
    interested in Johnny Walker's Case and assured me that it would be
    fully investigated ASAP.

One Important Point!! >>>
    IF there is a Juvenile involved; ALL records, reports, interviews, trials,
    and outcomes are "sealed" and NOT able to be published or made public.

Be CERTAIN that you ASK the Detective exactly WHAT you can discuss
    with others ... we sure don't want to damage the case, or worse - enable
    a parent to sue the SO - because we said or published something that
    wasn't spposed to be released to the public.

TELL us whatever you can --- just be certain that the Detective approves
    of what you report to us outsiders.

A few years ago, Juni escaped one morning and we found her the next day with the bloody face and a broken tooth. I could not understand who would do that to her. Luckily, her jaw was not broken and her tooth is still as it was and that doesn't bother her.

I would like to help. Karen, could you PM me with the information please for the vet?

I will!
    I've Been Frosted

I am hoping to get an email from Trish this evening with how much has been raised so far, but of course she has had a busy day - I do not think they ever expected the number of phone calls they are getting. I am so glad Laura will be able to visit tomorrow, and give poor Jonny some love from all of us! Oh, and I let Laura know she has permission to use the logo, and even sent her a bigger version to print out, in case anyone was wondering.
    I've Been Frosted

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I am hoping to get an email from Trish this evening with how much has been raised so far, but of course she has had a busy day - I do not think they ever expected the number of phone calls they are getting. I am so glad Laura will be able to visit tomorrow, and give poor Jonny some love from all of us! Oh, and I let Laura know she has permission to use the logo, and even sent her a bigger version to print out, in case anyone was wondering.
    Karen I just got off the phone with them and the total raised so far is $1600 and climbing. She stated she had sent the Dr an e-mail to let him know how much it jumped, and was waiting until she got a return e-mail for an update. She is going to give everyone that she has the e-mail addy on an update today.
    She also stated that they took pictures today of Jonny and was going to post the on their FaceBook Page.
    Last edited by Kev68; 07-21-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Hello to everyone from Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center in Mandeville, LA

I want to first and foremost thank everyone for the calls and emails that have been coming in over the past 48 hours regarding Johnny Walker. I signed up for this website last night in order to be able to give an update from our hospital on Johnny Walker. Everyone worked today to secure donations towards the continuing care and need for surgery for Johnny. I have received $1600 between yesterday and today in phone call transactions for Johnny. Calls ranged from several states where people have seen this story. I have personally reached out to everyone in my email contact list this afternoon. I received three calls within 30 minutes as a result. I contacted a local radio station and told the story and asked for it to be mentioned. The gentleman stated that I could email him a brief summary and he would see if they could list something on their website. I will also reach out to our local Chamber of Commerce as we are business members with them and will ask them to notify all of the Chamber members of this need.

The Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center is owned by three doctors: Dr. David Kergosien, Dr. Elizabeth Kergosien and Dr. Kenneth Arceneaux. Dr. David Kergosien is a diplomate with the American College of Veterinary Surgeons. He has offered to volunteer his time and surgical skills to perform this surgery. We are working very closely with the owners and all donors to make this happen.

Johnny is stable. He continues on IV fluids and pain meds. He is alert and walks on a leash with coaxing. One of our doctors took several pictures of him this afternoon and plans to post them on our facebook page for lavrc (Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center).

We are still taking and in need of donations. I have taken many credit card payments over the phone today. Anyone interested in donating may call our main number, 985-626-4862 and ask for Trish. I am handling all of the transactions to keep things simple and consistent. In the event that someone calls and I am not here (like at night), the receptionists are taking names and numbers and I am returning calls. I will be in the office all day on Thursday and Friday.

I will keep everyone posted on this site. I will also mail receipts to each donor. It has been a real pleasure working with such a dedicated group of people over the past two days. We are doing everything that we can to meet the needs that Johnny has at this time.

Sincerely,

Trish, on behalf of Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center, Mandeville, LA

I am speechless at the brutalality of this crime.
    I certainly hope that this is prosectued to the fullest extent of the law. ALL of the young punks and their parents.
    My heart breaks if this happened to JonnyWalker it could happen to anyone of us and our precious pets.
    I am unable to financially help at this time either but will certainly keep JW and all the families in my thoughts and prayers.
    But if it seems the sheriff's office has let this be swept under the rug at anytime, please let me know, I can certainly add my voice to that.
    Laura - Please give JW a gentle kiss from me. I know you will represent us well, Thank you for doing what several of us would love to do but can't.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I do believe they have raised all of the money needed for the down payment of $2500!!!
    I happen to know this because my friend (as I stated earlier, the one who has the cat, G, that I watched) donated the remaining amount when she got through tonight. She is awesome!!!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I do believe they have raised all of the money needed for the down payment of $2500!!!
    I happen to know this because my friend (as I stated earlier, the one who has the cat, G, that I watched) donated the remaining amount when she got through tonight. She is awesome!!!
    That would be great, I'll call them tomorrow morning and confirm if I can get through! And of course, they will still have to pay the rest of the bill, but hopefully this will mean the surgery can get underway.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    That would be great, I'll call them tomorrow morning and confirm if I can get through! And of course, they will still have to pay the rest of the bill, but hopefully this will mean the surgery can get underway.
    Right, but we got the down payment out of the way. So any more donations that come in will go toward the remaining amount.