Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Carole, we don't even know yet who or where the judge and trial will be. I will make sure we stay updated, and if there's a time when letter-writing will be allowed, I'll certainly let everyone know!
    I've Been Frosted

With it being kids involved, I wonder if they will even let the public know when this is due to go to trial and would it be a closed court room when it does?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Night before discharge update

It is bittersweet that I post this final update from the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center this evening. Johnny Walker will be going home tomorrow at 12:00 noon. All of our staff are sad to see him go however at the same time, we are thrilled that he will be with his family and for the outcome that has been achieved thus far.

The accounting update is as follows:
    There were a total of 50 donors as of this pm.
    The total charges as of this pm were: $4,504.01.
    The total donations as of this pm were: $4,300.00.
    The difference is only $204.01 as of tonight. I suspect we may receive that in checks that may already be in the mail.
    Anyone who sends in any donations once this bill is closed and paid in full, will be contacted to see if they want their donation returned or do they want to place it on this account for the follow up heartworm treatment. I will keep a very detailed account of this and have done so with all donations, even timing the donations for each day of the week so if we had to return donations, I would know at what point the bill was covered.

It has been a real pleasure being a part of the pettalk.com network over the past few weeks. This experience in working with all of you and speaking with you by phone has been something I will never forget. The amount of compassion and dedication that I witnessed from so many people who generally do not know each other has been an experience that I could not ever have imagined. It is just amazing how much can be accomplished by a concerted effort and persistent dedication. You are all to be commended for coming together so quickly and so strongly to make this all happen.

On behalf of the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center in Mandeville, LA, we again would like to thank all of you for your support in many ways (calls, prayers, letters, emails, postings and donations). Everyone contributed in some way to this cause and looking at Johnny, I am sure he is smiling and saying "thank you" as well.

Warmest regards,

Trish

Quote Originally Posted by Sam06 View Post
    It is bittersweet that I post this final update from the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center this evening. Johnny Walker will be going home tomorrow at 12:00 noon. All of our staff are sad to see him go however at the same time, we are thrilled that he will be with his family and for the outcome that has been achieved thus far.

The accounting update is as follows:
    There were a total of 50 donors as of this pm.
    The total charges as of this pm were: $4,504.01.
    The total donations as of this pm were: $4,300.00.
    The difference is only $204.01 as of tonight. I suspect we may receive that in checks that may already be in the mail.
    Anyone who sends in any donations once this bill is closed and paid in full, will be contacted to see if they want their donation returned or do they want to place it on this account for the follow up heartworm treatment. I will keep a very detailed account of this and have done so with all donations, even timing the donations for each day of the week so if we had to return donations, I would know at what point the bill was covered.

It has been a real pleasure being a part of the pettalk.com network over the past few weeks. This experience in working with all of you and speaking with you by phone has been something I will never forget. The amount of compassion and dedication that I witnessed from so many people who generally do not know each other has been an experience that I could not ever have imagined. It is just amazing how much can be accomplished by a concerted effort and persistent dedication. You are all to be commended for coming together so quickly and so strongly to make this all happen.

On behalf of the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center in Mandeville, LA, we again would like to thank all of you for your support in many ways (calls, prayers, letters, emails, postings and donations). Everyone contributed in some way to this cause and looking at Johnny, I am sure he is smiling and saying "thank you" as well.

Warmest regards,

Trish
    Trish, if every organization had someone like you working with them, every business, etc...would flourish. Can you go work for BP? hahahaha.

You're welcome, Trish, and we hope you will still stop in now and then, after all, I suspect you have a pet or two of your own to talk about, when the crisis is over! And thanks again for all the hard work you have done, you have been very gracious about the whole thing!

I will be on the radio Friday evening and will be telling Jonny Walkers story to a whole new bunch of people, as everyone should know, and abuse should never be tolerated! I know the station reaches into Louisiana, but I don't think it goes as far south as you are.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Trish and all of you who helped Johnny!!

Sweet Johnny, I know you have a homecoming party (probably going on as I type), and you're busy, but please have your humans check in with us on occasion! We love you!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

LES going on here.. I am so so Happy that Jonny Walker gets to finally go home.. Bless his heart he has been thru so much.. Huggss & Prayers.. ** Also I hope they send those As$%^&*()_ to JAIL.. Better yet lets hit them in the face with a baseball bat!!!!

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yes Trish - thank you - thank you - from us here in DE too.

I mailed a check on Tuesday, so you probably won't receive it until after Jonny has been discharged. If the bill is indeed paid in full, then please put it into his account for future use for whatever his needs will be.

There is also a greeting card (computer variety) for Jonny from my pooches Myndi & Sparky. Please hold it for him, for the next time he is back to the clinic for a followup.

Again - thanks for everything you and all the associates there have done for Jonny and his humans. The world certainly would be a better place with more folks like all of you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Trish, you will surely miss seeing Jonny’s happy face, but it’s wonderful that he has three families to come home to - and I bet he will be spoiled! However, I think Jonny will stop by every now and again to say Hi and thank you for your good care and treatment.

It’s awesome that the vet bills have been covered - and even exceeded the amount! A lot of people have been so dedicated and generous.

Trish, I hope you will continue posting here, even after Jonny has left.

I can’t wait to hear about Jonny’s homecoming party - and see the pictures!

GO Jonny, GO GO GO!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Actually the bills have not been covered quite yet - we are still $204.01 short, but as Trish said, there may be checks still in the mail that will cover that amount!
    I've Been Frosted

Yup I can resure one check head there.. So Many Many Thanks to Trish & EveryOne for their Loving Support & Donations for this Great Puppy.. He sure deserves it.. LES again.. Huggss & Prayers Jonny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Actually the bills have not been covered quite yet - we are still $204.01 short, but as Trish said, there may be checks still in the mail that will cover that amount!

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Trish, we can never thank you enough for all you do. You are such a terrific lady!!! It's a pleasure to have met you. Keep in touch.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

On our behalf.

I want to thank everyone for what they have done to help in turning this tragedy into a miracle. Jonny is now home and in great hands. On my way home from work today I stopped by a local buisness and a neighbor gave me a bed for Jonny to sleep on. It is extra comfortable! Jonny is looking AMAZING! News tonight at 10 with Jonny Walker coming home. Mr ken ( the camera man ) said it was more than a blessing that Jonny went to this animal clinic. Just found out that this clinic also does kemo therapy treatment. It one of the best around.

Trish I want to thank you and everyone over here so much for yall's support! My family and I are happy to see that there are amazing people like you and everyone in the clinic in this world. As to all the pt'ers involved in this tragedy. Without any of you god knows what would have happened to Jonny.

I wish I could meet everyone one of you personaly so I could thank you in person for everything! It means the world to me! To Jonny. To all of us!

Just because everything is winding down does not mean I will stop using pt, I have 2 dog also that I will be posting along side of Jonny. Jesse our Basset Hound And chalupe our chawawa mix ( don't know how to spell that lol ) . We all consider everyone involved to be a part of Jonny's life. Feel free to contact us at any time to see how he is doing.

Seeing Jonny today as a new dog and loved by so many I don't think
    I've ever seen Jonny more happier.

My Family wants to thank you for everything that everyone has done! They said they have never met a group of people so loving and caring! For everyone who prayed, thought, anything with Jonny there is a place in Heaven with you name on it for sure !

Thank you everyone so much I cannot explain how happy we are with how everything has worked out.

Sincerely: Jason Mulvey.

I just saw the promo for the story tonight at 10 on the 5:30pm news!! There was Johnny, big as life!! LOL!

Jason, we WILL meet one day, hopefully soon. I am looking forwards to it! What a day to celebrate and I am happy dancing all over the house. That had to be such a sweet home coming for him and all of you today.. Ah, so you have 2 other dogs.. You need to assign them as JW's body guards.. ALL celebrities have body guards don't they? LOL!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

See Laura there is a slight problem about the body guards...

Jesse ( the basset hound ) is about to be 14. lol. And chalupe ( chawawa ) ( lol ) misspelled... but he is a whole lot of 6 pounds with the heart of a pit bull lol. he will try .

As for Jesse... he will bark them to death lol.