Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Laura. there's no such thing as a "tweet page" - I tweet daily for the dog, cat and pet of the day, and those who subscribe see it in their "feed" of tweets. It would have to be someone on the "ground" with Jonny, and I don't think we need to add to their burden.
    I don't tweet, that is why I don't know how it works or what it is all about..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    I don't tweet, that is why I don't know how it works or what it is all about..
    That's okay, I figured as much. Any updates on him today? When will he be able to come home?
    I've Been Frosted

I am trying to gat a status on Jonny with a possible release date. Trish has been in meeting this morning. So as soon as she is able I will try and get this posted.

Just finished catching up on all the posts and watching the news segments done on this. Great job Kelvin and Jason and everyone here. It was so good to see the pictures of him getting a belly rub and smiling, it has made my day. Also thanks again to Trish who has been wonderful about sending e-mails with updates. I am in awe of how everyone came together to make this happen. Now if we can get the courts to be sure the attackers get a real punisment and not just a wrist slap this will be the iciing on the cake. Keep getting better Johnny and know how much you are loved and cared for by so many.

I am sure Trish has been very busy, but thanks, Kev, we look forward to updates when we can get them! And thanks for the link to the news station - they put the video up and I was able to watch it there!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    They are all in this thread somewhere but I will try to gather them up for you..

This page is the Center that takes care of him. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mandev...1408562?ref=ts
    They have his after surgery X-rays on there.

Ok, there they all are in one thread..
    The links work from Post #325. They won't work from a quote like this.

I just saw the post op x-rays, showing the metal plates. Amazing work!

Facebook just posted a picture of Johnny Walker with his new family.

The caption reads:
    Johnny Walker is feeling great today! He is wagging his tail like crazy, jumping up for loving and getting out of his kennel for attention any chance he gets! This is a picture of JW with Mr. and Ms. Sibley...his new family!

And then a post by the hospital reads:
    He's very hard to catch on film b/c of his constantly wagging tail and his desire to be in your lap!

And I've attached the picture. I hope they don't mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Facebook just posted a picture of Johnny Walker with his new family.

The caption reads:
    Johnny Walker is feeling great today! He is wagging his tail like crazy, jumping up for loving and getting out of his kennel for attention any chance he gets! This is a picture of JW with Mr. and Ms. Sibley...his new family!

And then a post by the hospital reads:
    He's very hard to catch on film b/c of his constantly wagging tail and his desire to be in your lap!

And I've attached the picture. I hope they don't mind.

That's great. Congratulations Mr & Mrs Kevlin Sibley, Grammy Laura, and of course the star of this all - the amazing Jonny Walker Sibley!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

awww, sweet boy! He looks so good! Best wishes Jonny and family!

Edited to say: This is post #14,000 for me! I am so happy that I have something this nice to post about
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations cassiesmom on your 14,000th post! I'm sure Johnny Walker is honored to be the subject of such a momentous occasion!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a beautiful picture of Johnny with his new family, the Sibleys! That's one happy pupper!
    We love you Johnny!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Update on Jonny

We got a call that Dr Kergosien needed to see a part of Jonny's family. I was on the way out the door when I recieved this call. Jonny is doing ok but he will be going thru another surgery tomorrow to remove some teeth. Dr Kergosien said these teeth have been rubbing Jonny's K9's for sometime. He is donating his time for this and asked if Jonny could be fixed in this process. I asked where the funds were and he stated the funds are only going to take care of the anistisa (I may have butchered that). His time was being donated for this. Isn't he great for doing this.
    They started treating him for heartworms and the intestinal parasites today. I was told that the Internal Medicine Dr. has donated his time as well. We are currently awaiting word on his part on Jonny's release.
    Trish also said a couple of the Dr. there had donated some funds towards Jonny's bills as well. Aren't they just the greatest? LOL Jonny is known as the Legend at the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center. He is Famous thanks to everyone here. We will update all of you as soon as we get them.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    That's great. Congratulations Mr & Mrs Kevlin Sibley, Grammy Laura, and of course the star of this all - the amazing Jonny Walker Sibley!
    Keep in mind Jonny is a community pet that has three families, Jason and his family, Kelly and her family, and my family. Jason and his family gave Jonny his name before we got here and Jonny Walker stuck with him throught this tragidy.

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    What a beautiful picture of Johnny with his new family, the Sibleys! That's one happy pupper!
    We love you Johnny!
    Johnny has 3 families the Mulvey's, The Vogel's, and the Sibley's

Johnny has 3 families the Mulvey, The Vogel, and the Sibley's
    Johnny's 3 families, the Mulveys, Vogels and Sibleys.

My apologies. A previous poster posted a picture of Johnny with his "new family," the Sibleys, this evening. I know how loved he has been, by so many! All of those who cared for, looked after and loved Johnny so selflessly, before his tragic encounter, are ALL his family, and will be, forever!