Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

PET TALK on our Local News!!!!!!

The Story aired wasn't expecting to put Pet of The Day to be on their. But everyone local knows about it now. I think Kristy Davis (which was the lady with channel 2) did such a good job on his Story she actually used some Photo's off of PetTalk. I Just cant believe it WOW!!!!! Mom did you see they used the video of him that you took? Showed him actually wagging his tail for the first time since all this happened. And remember PTer's the story broke because of everyone's presistance in this.

This is so cool. We are so lucky to see this all come to this point. Thanks again to everybody!!!

blue, I know it isn't easy coming up with anything family friendly for this thread. This can bring out the worst in anyone. Good job coming up with that great pinata party idea. I'll make the cupcakes for the party.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Here it is

This is the News video that was played on channel 2 news http://www.wbrz.com/player/?video_id=3298

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    This can bring out the worst in anyone.
    If it comes to it, if justice isnt served, I will risk the wrath of the Pirates of the Rubicon (the PBB) and enlist their help. I do not offer this lightly, google "charlie wenzel pirate". The PBB is full of dog lovers.
    Last edited by blue; 07-23-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: I forgot why I needed to edit.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev68 View Post
    This is the News video that was played on channel 2 news http://www.wbrz.com/player/?video_id=3298
    Thanks for posting this link. I just watched it and it was very well done but brought major LES. I'm so glad that the kids involved have been arrested and I hope that they'll be charged with the maximum sentence that is allowed. I also hope that the 7 year old will get the help that he needs now so that this abusive treatment towards animals or others will stop.

Prayers and postive thoughts continue for JW and I'd like to thank everyone who's been involved with helping this poor dog. I'm so proud to be a Pet Talker. The people here never cease to amaze me.

I think it was amazing!!!! Brought tears again... the amount of media that jumped on board amazes me. I am so glad people care...
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Simply wonderful news story for such a sad situation.
    Get Well soon, Johnny Walker!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thank you for posting the news link! I'm so glad the community is so involved - it can only mean good things for Johnny. Get well soon sweetie!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Thanks for the link, Kev. Our thoughts and prayers continue for JW. I spoke to a couple of friends yesterday, they are sending in donations today for Johnny and also the Johnny Walker Fund. PT'ers are nothing but absolutely amazing and loving people and pets. I love you all.

Kelly

Some of you may have recieved an up date from Trish but I am going to post what she sent out incase some PTer's did not give their email addy so here's an update as of about midnight last night.

"Hello to all,

I wanted to provide everyone with the daily update on Johnny Walker.

I saw him before I left work around 7:45 pm.

He had just come in from taking a walk outside. His vital signs are stable. He is no longer on any IV fluids. He is on oral antibiotics. He is taking oral pain medication. He has been able to eat his pureed food today. He has a large bowl of water in his cage. He appeared alert and oriented. He looked like he was smiling. His tail wagged as I talked to him through the cage. His get well card is still on his cage. He wagged his tail so hard, it went into the water bowl!!!
    It is amazing how trusting he is after what has happened to him. He was lying upright in his cage and seemed unaffected by any other sounds in the room (barking of other patients). He looks happier.

I will get an update on Saturday on him and again on Sunday and will notify everyone throughout the weekend. For now, things look good.

I did speak with Dr. Kergosien this am about him. He stated that he may need to pull two small teeth for him if his mouth does not align properly but not too bad for all that has happened. He will most likely be on soft food for quite some time per the doctor.

The clinic is able to get in touch with me after hours and all weekend if needed. All calls for donations over the weekend will result in the receptionist taking a message for me to return calls on Monday. He will be seen by one of our surgery doctors all weekend.

Will keep in touch!

Trish"

Poor Trish has been going around nonstop takeing Donations, chacking with the Dr, and giving updates to anyone calling for and update on Johnny Walker. Trish thank you so much for everything you have and will continue to do for Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    I got this email from a dog on dogster . It is so cute, I had to pass it along... HOW AWESOME IS THIS!? I'm attaching a cute picture of Lucy Girlypants

"Mom has been closely following the Jonny Walker story (so sad, but her heart was really lifted by how hard her owner tried to get Jonny the help that he needed, we want to just smooch that guy). Anyway, we realy wanted to donate money, but it would've been impractical from here (South Africa), since the costs incurred would not have made it worthwhile. So what we did instead was to donate US$10 to the shelter which rescued me, in Jonny Walkers name. We put Jonny Walker as a reference, they're probably going to think we're alcoholics or something BOL!"

Love
    Lucy Girlypants
    Sorry Moon I have been so busy trying to get Johnny Walkers story out there. I somehow missed this post. Can you tell Lucy Girlypants we said thank you and let them know Johnny will Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Hi All
    im a newbie but I just wanted to tell EVERYONE just how SPECIAL YOU ARE!! YOU ROCK!!! We all came together to seek justice and help an innocent animal, one of GOD 'S creatures. There is power in numbers!! I have found thru my work reuniting lost Hurricane Katrina dogs with their owners, being a foster mom for a shelter or just rescuing an animal in need- people who love animals ARE VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE.
    I am very proud to be a part if this group.
    If I can every help you in any way, plz let me know.

Mary Elizabeth Lorio
    Certified EARS (Emergency Animal Services Rescue) Volunteer
    Animal LoverFoster Mom for 4 legged furbabies
    PS Special Thanks to those that reported the crime!!
    See here is another organization that I didn't know about. And she is about 20mins away. Amazing what you can find out in such sad times like this.

I thought that was a good news report! Laura's video and photos, a peak at PT, and most importantly, JW!

I couldn't get the first link up, the Baton Rouge channel. The second link is the one I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I thought that was a good news report! Laura's video and photos, a peak at PT, and most importantly, JW!

I couldn't get the first link up, the Baton Rouge channel. The second link is the one I saw.

During that "peak of PT" I saw your profile, Pomtzu's too

It was great to see Kevlin and Jason too. Cute guys

I was going through WBRZ website and found the story and video feed this morning and Trish your name and office number is there. For anyone who wants to view it heres the link
    http://www.wbrz.com/news/teens-beat-...-baseball-bat/
    above the pic click video and you can watch the story.