Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sam06 View Post

I just got home from work around 1:20 am.
    I wanted to make sure to get all thank you letters done tonight
    along with receipts for donations.

I checked in on Johnny before I left right after midnight.
    I spoke with Dr. Kergosien as he was leaving the hospital around the time that I was ...

Johnny did fine in surgery today.

He has plates placed in his jaws which will remain unless there are problems with them.
    He is still on IV fluids and he is on injectable pain medication.
    He is also on IV antibiotics for any signs of infection.
    His vital signs are within normal limits.

He is alert and he was able to eat 1 1/2 cans of pureed food!!!
    He also wagged his tail this evening which he has not done since he arrived
    so he must be feeling better or this was also his way of saying "thank you".

We collected approximately $3,600 by this evening.

/s/ Trish
    Wow!
    GOOD Report, Trish!!

Many Thanks to YOU for all the dedicated hard work you have contributed
    toward Johnny Walker's Care and Recovery!!!!!

Thanks Trish

Thanks so much for the update Trish. Hooray for you JW on eating some food. Poor baby. I can't wait to get home to see you. Lady Bug is about going stir crazy in this hotel room. I know she misses you sweetheart. As soon as we pull into the driveway, we'll see you. Hugs and Kisses
    Kelly, Shannon, and Lady Bug

Laura, that was cute you not knowing it was Kevlin all along. When he told me that, I must say I giggled. I am looking forward to meeting you. I live right across from Kevlin. See yall soon.

It's so good to hear that Johnny is doing well. Especially that his little tail was a waggin.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Jason, thank you for all that you have done for JW and thank you for serving in the Army. I am proud to have someone like you protecting us.

Trish and everyone at the clinic, you are truly amazing! Thank you so much for all you are doing for Jonny Walker and each animal that passes through your doors.

Bless you all!

I got this email from a dog on dogster . It is so cute, I had to pass it along... HOW AWESOME IS THIS!? I'm attaching a cute picture of Lucy Girlypants

"Mom has been closely following the Jonny Walker story (so sad, but her heart was really lifted by how hard her owner tried to get Jonny the help that he needed, we want to just smooch that guy). Anyway, we realy wanted to donate money, but it would've been impractical from here (South Africa), since the costs incurred would not have made it worthwhile. So what we did instead was to donate US$10 to the shelter which rescued me, in Jonny Walkers name. We put Jonny Walker as a reference, they're probably going to think we're alcoholics or something BOL!"

Love
    Lucy Girlypants
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MoonandBean; 07-23-2010 at 01:12 PM.

I am laughing that all of you were as shocked as I was to find of WHO Kev68 is! I still keep slapping my forehead going "DUH!"

I let out a "WAHOO!" at Trish's post that he finally got to eat last night. I bet he lapped that up so glad to be able to TASTE REAL FOOD again! This will help him recover faster I hope and I bet he will gobble up everything they put in front of him now. I am in awe of how LVRS has pitched in to do all they have done to help JW. That is something you don't see every day and even if I didn't have the personal connection to this that I have, I would STILL be in awe of it. This outpouring of love for a helpless animal is replacing the haunting of this senseless act but I think it will always haunt me.

We still need to get his story out so keep posting about it all over the internet. We need to keep cruelty to any animal out in the open for all to see and bring out a new awareness of it and help to pass stricter laws for those that dare abuse helpless animals for sport. Most of us here have fur kids and we know they are not "stupid animals".. They have feelings too and they DO get tramatized like we do.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks for the update Trish! I'm so glad to hear he is doing so good after surgery.
    I think about him all the time. In fact, yesterday I didn't get much done here at work because I kept checking in here and just thinking about it.

Thanks to everyone involved, here, at the clinic and in JW's neighborhood.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have been very moved by this sad but inspirational story. My finances are going through some challenges right now so I can't make the donation that I would like but I'm pulling and praying for JW too. The love, unity, support and encouragement in this post has evoked great passion in me. I'm so glad to hear a better report for JW even though he's got a long way to go. Laura the video is a tear jerker. Thank you for posting and keeping us updated. Finding out the Kev was your son almost seemed like the twist in some movie plot . I cheered out loud when I read that he had eaten and his tail wagged.

Born in Los Angeles, California but lived in Louisiana all my life. Currently, live in Denham Springs, LA

Contact information to help johnny

Hi All,
    I am a newbie but I sent this information to others. Hope it helps!!
    Sadly, Springfield is in the parish of LIVINGSTON not EAST BATON ROUGE. Sadly, because I live in Livingston Parish. I hate people who do this!
    -- The Sheriff of Livingston parish is Willie Graves.
    -- Under Sheriff Graves is Chief Criminal Deputy Jason Ard.
    -- They do have a Juvenile Department.
    -- The Uniform Patrol Commander is Alden Thomasson.
    He should be able to help identify the deputy who investigated the call and the outcome of the call
    I have no idea why these punks were not charged with animal cruelty for the start. But you can bet I am going to try to find out. We (my mom and I ) had to enlist the help of Sheriff Graves and Chief Deputy Jason Ard when we needed to get a rescued pit bull out of LA before being put down (no fault of the dog).
    They were very nice. I have included the information below. PLEASE CALL , WRITE or EMAIL and let them know how you feel! This must be stopped before these kids become teenagers or adults.

Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office

20180 Iowa St.
    Livingston, LA 70754
    or
    P.O. Box 850
    Livingston, LA 70754
    225-686-2241
    1-800-443-7681

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

**I would also suggest contacting the Livingston Parish Newpaper at:
    [email protected]

**I am also sure the mayor of Springfield, LA is not going to like what happened either. Here's his information:

Town of Springfield
    Mayor Charles E. Martin
    Municipal Office:
    27378 LA Hwy. 22
    P.O. Box 352
    Springfield, LA 70462
    Phone: (225) 294-3150
    Fax-225-294-2230

P.S> My mom has agreed to contact ALL the officials and try to find out more about this!!

I continue praying for Johnny.

How old was this kid, does anybody know?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Thanks for the info MEL, great post!

This story is simply the most amazing! I was in tears reading it, and I’m feeling very sad that someone could harm sweet trusting Jonny like this, it’s just unbelieable! I hope he will be able to forget it.

I’m so happy to see how many have come to his rescue and he was brought to a vet so soon after it happened.

It’s been good to read the updates and know that Jonny’s surgery went well and that his story is shared with the world.

Trish, the vets, Laura and Kevlin have been absolutely wonderful! You did a good job raising your boy, Laura! Thank you for sharing the pictures and video. Jonny is so sweet - and he already looks confident. Isn’t that amazing considering what he has just been through!

I know Jonny still needs some treatment - I’m sending lots of love and good thoughts for his full recovery. Whoever gets to visit Jonny, please give him some kisses from me!

Get well Jonny, the whole world loves you!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hi moonandbean and sunny

Thanks so much, that's was sweet. Cute about people thinking may be alcoholics. It is just the power of LOVE for our friends.

Dogster is such a nice place too. I love animal lovers... they are some of the best people
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Good NEWS Hot OFF THE PRESS

Just Recieved a phone call from the Sheriff's Office. They have made 3 arrest in Jonny's Case and are fixing to release a statement to the Media. I was informed that e-mail and phone calls have flooded their office. Thank Each and Everyone of you for that!!!!!!!!!! A 4th/ arrest could not be made cause of the kids age..............
    Will keep you all Posted as this progresses futher