Thread: Well I Really Did It This Time!!! Introducing.....(New Pictures Posts #111-113)

Threaded View

Well I Really Did It This Time!!! Introducing.....(New Pictures Posts #111-113)

Hi everyone. I know that I've been saying that the time just isn't right to adopt any more cats but I've really been missing my orange boy Sunny. Those of you who are also orangie lovers will be able to relate to me. There's just nothing like an orangie.

Seeing all of the kittens on here has given me kitten fever and then I saw an ad in my "Pennysaver" flyer about a fluffy orange striped 3 month old kitten named Charlie. I was going to call the same evening that I saw the ad but I didn't. I kept thinking about him the next day at work so I decided to call when I got home from work. The lady said that he was adopted that afternoon. It just wasn't meant to be but I was so glad that he had found a home.

I decided to do a search on Petfinder to see if there were any medium/long haired baby/young orange males up for adoption. I saw two brothers named Sahara & Tanomi. They were named after deserts. I e-mailed the rescue group that night. Friday morning, I got an e-mail with the woman's phone number so I called her and talked to her about them. Since they're very bonded, she said that they need to be adopted together. They've had several people interested in them but everyone would flake out in the end. I couldn't believe that they were still available.

I met them this morning and they're gorgeous fluffy orange and white kittens and they're 10 weeks old. They were in a huge enclosure and were able to freely play with about 9 other kittens. The pet store also had a few more large and smaller enclosures and a big cat room for adult cats. It was wonderful to see that they weren't cooped up in cages. I signed all of the adoption paperwork in the adult cat room and I had cats trying to sit on my lap and a gorgeous black cat even gave me a kiss. Unfortunately introducing adult cats to my household just wouldn't work very easily. A man was there looking to adopt a very pretty blue grey female and she acted like she had known him all of her life. I hope that she too got adopted.

Any way, my hall bathroom is all set up and the kittens are in there for now. I've also renamed them Alani,which is Hawaiian for orange blosson tree, and Blaze for the other kitten that has more orange on his face. They are almost twins but Alani is a little bigger than Blaze. When I pick them up they start purring and Alani will make biscuits on my chest. I'm already so in love with them and just thrilled to be their new meowmie. Pictures in next post.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 09-12-2010 at 09:49 PM.