Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Well I Really Did It This Time!!! Introducing.....(New Pictures Posts #111-113)

Well I Really Did It This Time!!! Introducing.....(New Pictures Posts #111-113)

Hi everyone. I know that I've been saying that the time just isn't right to adopt any more cats but I've really been missing my orange boy Sunny. Those of you who are also orangie lovers will be able to relate to me. There's just nothing like an orangie.

Seeing all of the kittens on here has given me kitten fever and then I saw an ad in my "Pennysaver" flyer about a fluffy orange striped 3 month old kitten named Charlie. I was going to call the same evening that I saw the ad but I didn't. I kept thinking about him the next day at work so I decided to call when I got home from work. The lady said that he was adopted that afternoon. It just wasn't meant to be but I was so glad that he had found a home.

I decided to do a search on Petfinder to see if there were any medium/long haired baby/young orange males up for adoption. I saw two brothers named Sahara & Tanomi. They were named after deserts. I e-mailed the rescue group that night. Friday morning, I got an e-mail with the woman's phone number so I called her and talked to her about them. Since they're very bonded, she said that they need to be adopted together. They've had several people interested in them but everyone would flake out in the end. I couldn't believe that they were still available.

I met them this morning and they're gorgeous fluffy orange and white kittens and they're 10 weeks old. They were in a huge enclosure and were able to freely play with about 9 other kittens. The pet store also had a few more large and smaller enclosures and a big cat room for adult cats. It was wonderful to see that they weren't cooped up in cages. I signed all of the adoption paperwork in the adult cat room and I had cats trying to sit on my lap and a gorgeous black cat even gave me a kiss. Unfortunately introducing adult cats to my household just wouldn't work very easily. A man was there looking to adopt a very pretty blue grey female and she acted like she had known him all of her life. I hope that she too got adopted.

Any way, my hall bathroom is all set up and the kittens are in there for now. I've also renamed them Alani,which is Hawaiian for orange blosson tree, and Blaze for the other kitten that has more orange on his face. They are almost twins but Alani is a little bigger than Blaze. When I pick them up they start purring and Alani will make biscuits on my chest. I'm already so in love with them and just thrilled to be their new meowmie. Pictures in next post.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 09-12-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Very proud cat mother.

Alani

Blaze

Blaze & Alani

Alani

More pictures coming up.>>>>>

I totally understand! Life has something missing without an orangie in it! Two orangies! I am jealous. Congratulaions to both you and the precious kitties. I just saw the pictures...they are adorable! Please put a cuteness warning on these two!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Blaze

Blaze

They wanted to sleep in their litter box.

Alani

Sky's the only cat that I could trust for a brief encounter with them.

After a while he got scared of them because they were surrounding him.LOL

That's all for now.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 07-25-2010 at 01:19 AM.

With their lack of stripes, they almost look part Somali (which are long-haired abyssinians). Congratulations!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    With their lack of stripes, they almost look part Somali (which are long-haired abyssinians). Congratulations!
    Karen, the lady in the rescue group actually thinks that they may have Ragdoll in them. They also had another long haired orange brother and a short haired sister that were adopted together a week ago.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Awww - they're adorable. Congratulations Mom - and Alani & Blaze, for finding such a wonderful new home.

It's okay Ziggy - I still love you too! (and the rest of the beautiful crew)...........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

OMG they are beautiful kittens! What a lovely handful of orange goodness for you I love their fluffiness and can see they will grow into gloriously gorgeous cats

Congratulations and have a wonderful time with these these two cuties.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aww! Orangies! They're SO cute and fluffeh!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

What gorgeous baby boys! ConCATulations!

You have made me SO jealous! They are simple stunning BABIES and you got TWO of them in your house! Oh! What fun they are going to be! I am excited for you! You better be glad I don't like close by or I'd be right over!! LOL!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I am quite sure Sunny had a paw in this from kitty heaven! Welcome, Alani and Blaze!

This picture has made my eyes leak to overflowing this afternoon! Sky, you are so sweet!

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How precious!!!!

Thank you for giving those precious babies a wonderful home. They are beautiful!!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 07-18-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    How precious!!!! Be careful though. A certain PT member might read you the riot act for taking on more than you can chew. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Thank you for giving those precious babies a wonderful home. They are beautiful!!!
    Well I don't care. How could anyone resist these two?

Thanks everyone. I just hope that the rest of my cats don't hate me too much.

OMG... how adorable are they?! Lovely, and their names are great too!!