Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plott Hound/Pit Bull?

Plott Hound/Pit Bull?

Hi. I adpoted my little girl from the pound in Feburary, they said she was an American Bull Dog mix when I got her. She is now 8 months old and weighs just under 40lbs. I have decided that she is just too tiny to be an American Bull Dog. She is very sweet and smart, but also defiant and energetic. After some internet research, I think she may be a plott hound/pitt bull mix. I am interested in others opinions.

I don't have too many current pics on this computer, these are mostly younger photos.

It's possible she could have plott hound in her, but I am not seeing it too much. They are not a hound you see a lot. She just looks like an APBT (American Pit Bull Terrier) mix. She's adorable!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I dont have any puppy pics of Verde, I got her at over 1 year old. She looks alot like a Plott Hound but since its a rare breed and this is Alaska Im thinking she is a Pitt bull Greyhound mix.

Cute pup you got there.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

She's adorable whatever mix she is. What part of the country do you live in? Plotts are more common in the South, and as an adult are supposed to be 25 inches at the shoulder.
    I've Been Frosted

Blue.. Verde is adorable! I have been asked if Emma is a grey hound mix a few times, but being that she is on the smaller side I'm not sure that it fits her.

Karen.. I live in Georgia.

Oh, okay - that make Plott Hound more likely, as the breed was first introduced her in North Carolina, so is far more common in the south east than say, in Alaska where blue is.

She's adorable, whatever her mix! And those are some big paws she'll have to grow into!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes she does have some clunkers for paws! I used to think she would get a lot bigger, but she has only grown about 20lbs in the past 5 months. Her paws actually seem to fit her now that she has gotten a little bit taller, vet guesses she will probably be full grown somewhere between 40-50 lbs.

I have no idea but she is a cutie. I got Tip from the shelter in February also. He was about 4 months at the time. They told us he would be a very big dog (they classified him as an Alaskan Malumute) but he doesn't seem like he's going to be that big now. He's probably about 40lbs now. I'm not definite but the last time he was at the vet he was almost 30. When we got Tip his paws looked huge to me as well but it seems like he has grown into his as well. I still haven't figured out exactly what he is. I'm in GA also.

i don't really see any pit in her.. she is a cutie though!

The puppy ears dont scream Plott Hound to me. Any chance of getting more grown up pics? Super duper please!!!!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Looks like a pitbull mix. too bad. I was hoping she might be a bulldog. But she definately isn't- they have a wrinkled nose.

Quote Originally Posted by CatsMeow View Post
    Looks like a pitbull mix. too bad. I was hoping she might be a bulldog. But she definately isn't- they have a wrinkled nose.

????
    How could you say that? Kinda rude, don't you think? There's absolutely nothing wrong with this puppy being part APBT, if she even is. Do some research. They are not horrible monsters.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I'm sorry for my unkindess toward pitbulls::- Here's a gift in return. Oh, and please forgive of my sins toward PT.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I appreciate the apology. Just please stop being so negative about a breed when you don't know anything about them.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    I appreciate the apology. Just please stop being so negative about a breed when you don't know anything about them.
    But I do know about them, but the things I know aren't good.....