Thread: Roxy.

Hybrid View

Tomorrow will have been 2 months since I lost my pretty brown-eyed girl.

It doesn't feel like it's even been two months. It's a little easier now. I can look back on the memories and smile at how Roxy was full of life and how she was always happy.

It's still hard though and I know now that it won't get any easier.

I know my girl is up there playing hard at the Rainbow Bridge, probably hanging out with Tink and probably playing with some fellow PT dogs and cats. And I know she's not in pain and that she's eating and happy and young again.

So, Roxy, two months without you has been really hard, but I know you're okay.

Love you and miss you, sweet girl.

♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I've been thinking about Roxy a lot lately, as well as my grandpa. I think about one of them and almost always think about the other. Losing my heart dog in July of 2010, felt like everything around me was completely and utterly awful. I'd never had to have a dog put to sleep, and it was killing me because she was my Roxy, my sweet beautiful girl. She was supposed to live a long happy life and die of old age, not like this. Then a few months later, my grandpa was diagnosed with stomach cancer and then he too, was also gone from my life.

I always thought the pain of losing my heart dog and one of the most important people in my life would slowly ease to a dull throbbing ache in my heart, but sometimes it seems much worse than that. It hurts so bad sometimes, remembering how I can't hug Roxy or hear her happy bark, or call my grandpa on the phone and tell him about my grade I made on an exam or some other random trivial thing in my life.

I never thought I'd miss the small things so much. But that's probably the things that I miss the most.

My grandpa's house is currently on the market, seeing as no one in our family can afford it or can purchase it. I go and look at the listing and tear up knowing that I have to leave Roxy behind, buried in the backyard where she was happy, or knowing that I have to leave my memories.

I know that Roxy and pappy will always, always be with me, but it just hurts to have to leave that tangible place and Roxy's tangible grave behind.

It's been 9 months since losing Roxy and 6 since losing my grandpa, and it still hurts almost every day. Time is supposed to heal the pain, but to me it only seems to make me wish they were here more. I'm afraid of forgetting the little things.

Still loving you both and missing you always.
    ETA: I was looking back through my old Youtube videos and found this. It's from FIVE years ago, and that seems like such an eternity, when it's truly not...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg6z1...el_video_title
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

It hurts for a long time and the missing them, well, I think that never ends. Roxy is in your heart forever Bri. It will get a bit easier in time.
    I lost my Lacey same time, July 2010. {{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I didn't post about this on the exact day, but I was certainly thinking of my Roxy girl in the back of my mind.

July 1, 2011 has been a year since you were put to sleep, my mutt mutt. I can't believe it's been that long. My heart still misses you and loves you, but I know you're happy and that pappy is up there taking care of you and loving you because I can't yet.

July 24, 2011 would have been your ninth Gotcha day. Nine long years since that fated day at the shelter when I met my brown-eyed soulmate.

I still miss you my sweet girl, and I will love you always. Play hard and rest well.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

(((((((((HUGS))))))))) sniff.......sniff.......sobs.......tears.........
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb